ImageImage

Giannis Thread - DPOY Page 88

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Re: Giannis Thread - Full Practice & Scrimmage Wednesday - Still Uncertain for Thursday 

Post#1561 » by Diggr14 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:12 am

AussieBuck wrote:Basements aren't even a thing in normal countries

you're missing out. Great rooms to have for winter and summer. Adds a whole level to your house and area you can live in.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Re: Giannis Thread - Full Practice & Scrimmage Wednesday - Still Uncertain for Thursday 

Post#1562 » by AussieBuck » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:24 am

Diggr14 wrote:

you're missing out. Great rooms to have for winter and summer. Adds a whole level to your house and area you can live in.

I get the appeal, I've dug a large trench under my house to transport dirt out as I've been re-stumping. Very quiet and cool down there. Quite relaxing
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#1563 » by mcfromage » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:37 am

Where’s Giannis?
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#1564 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:40 am

Still no update to the thread title!!!! :banghead:
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#1565 » by Diggr14 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:40 am

Maybe it's my pessimistic side, but what happens if Giannis says he will not sign an extension with the Bucks this summer?

Do you take 1 last run with him in 2021 and let him walk for nothing potentially (or an offload of mostly crap and some dangling assets in a S&T)?

Do you trade him summer of 2020 to the highest bidder and recoup multiple unprotected 1sts and other quality assets?

I think the sensible thing to do is maximize return in any situation. However, Giannis is a once in a generation or two or three type of player. The mere fact we are still hoping he stays as opposed knowing he has one foot out is so unlike American sports today... it is refreshing. But im still worried.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1566 » by jute2003 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:55 am

Diggr14 wrote:

Not to mention the joy of cleaning out the aftermath of water damage. It is a basement and is inevitable
only a fan, only an opinion
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1567 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:15 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:

I get the appeal, I've dug a large trench under my house to transport dirt out as I've been re-stumping. Very quiet and cool down there. Quite relaxing

You could have just said “I already have an Australian basement” and saved us all time.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,499

Post#1568 » by Milbucks96 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:43 pm

Diggr14 wrote:Maybe it's my pessimistic side, but what happens if Giannis says he will not sign an extension with the Bucks this summer?

Do you take 1 last run with him in 2021 and let him walk for nothing potentially (or an offload of mostly crap and some dangling assets in a S&T)?

Do you trade him summer of 2020 to the highest bidder and recoup multiple unprotected 1sts and other quality assets?

I think the sensible thing to do is maximize return in any situation. However, Giannis is a once in a generation or two or three type of player. The mere fact we are still hoping he stays as opposed knowing he has one foot out is so unlike American sports today... it is refreshing. But im still worried.

I think you have to trade him honestly, I can’t imagine letting him go for nothing. That would put this organization back decades. It really sucks because with Giannis, 2019-2020 Khris is absolutely worth his contract, with no Giannis it becomes one of the worst in the league. All around bad situation and I don’t envy the decisions Horst has to make in the next couple months. I know I’m being pretty negative but I don’t see any reason for Giannis to sign anything this summer. I will always remember this run and it was fun as hell but I think it’s going to look really different whenever the new season starts up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#1569 » by JayMKE » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:52 pm

You roll with Giannis and hope he resigns regardless, we have a legitimate chance at the championship. I do not believe that Giannis is the same as Kawhi Leonard, I don't think he'll walk away from a championship team.
FREE GIANNIS
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,736

Post#1570 » by emunney » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:22 pm

Before this all happened, I'd have said trade him, because I would have taken his lack of extension as a sign he's leaving. Now I think it would more likely mean he wants to see what happens with the cap before he signs a long term contract that's indexed against the first year cap level.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#1571 » by soxperry » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:06 pm

It just depends on Giannis. If he says its his last season and hes taking off regardless of what happens, its a much harder decision. But i think in every other situation you make one more run and hope he re signs. I would hope they would be in some sort of contact with him, back channel or otherwise..
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#1572 » by AussieBuck » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:

You could have just said “I already have an Australian basement” and saved us all time.

No snakes though and I've only found one species of deadly spider under there so it hardly counts
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#1573 » by DingleJerry » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:17 pm

I'd say that I'd only consider trading him this offseason if he straight up says he's gone after 2021. Essentially you're going to have an AD type situation in that scenario. If he's just not resigning but clearly open to still signing, essentially if he's just playing the market and waiting on the decision. I say go for the Title when you have the shot, because we're not going to have another shot for a long time, and hope you still can sign him. My guess is he puts the money in the bank this summer (barring some weird cap or money situation do to covid that puts a wrench in things).
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Post#1574 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:22 am

I wouldn't trade him. Can't pass up a championship opportunity. I still can't wrap my head around an opportunity that exists out there that is so much better than Milwaukee....Unless he absolutely wants to leave the city which doesn't seem like him. I feel like he at least re-ups through the Middleton contract.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#1575 » by blazza18 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:39 am

I think you trade him if the coach wasn't Bud. With Bud I think even without Giannis we're still going to have a pretty high regular season floor.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#1576 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:29 am

Sometimes I look out the window and wonder if Giannis is thinking of me too.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,294

Post#1577 » by KidA24 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:20 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:Sometimes I look out the window and wonder if Giannis is thinking of me too.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#1578 » by ClassicJack » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Sneak peak of the Freak 2's. He probably would have broke these out in the playoffs.

F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1579 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:19 am

Giannis and Thanasis had an IG live conversation today but they spoke mostly in Greek, did any of our Greek friends catch that? If so, was anything interesting said?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#1580 » by Beorn » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:25 pm

Panathinaikos BC president popped in and asked Thanasis to "fisnish this BS in the NBA and come back over there"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks