ImageImage

Giannis Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
Posts: 16,654
And1: 3,946
Joined: Jan 21, 2007
Location: NC
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#161 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm

soxperry wrote:Its awesome to hear but it guarantees nothing. It just means that we need to keep winning and we need to get to the finals. If we continue to fail to get to the finals, frustration will set in and hes going to look around and realize he could be paired with better talent somewhere else.

We should have two great opportunities in a row here to do that. If Giannis improves and is the same player all the way through the playoffs i love our chances...

I dont even care about football anymore, just start Bucks season!


if we keep having one of the top records in the league but he gets stonewalled at the gate of championships its his nature to blame himself not those around him. his direct quote in the article is hes bummed kawhi went west. he wanted the challenge of a rematch. that's great and its his nature.

goal is to keep giving him that chance year after year. that's our goal. last year we did and I think this next year we will. one year at a time.
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,257
And1: 7,152
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#162 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Ugh... Malika Andrews is at the party today... Probably looking to make up more false stories.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Analyst
Posts: 3,108
And1: 1,035
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: The Bay Area, but not back down
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#163 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Is this being televised in FSN?
"Oh, you're Boy Scouts, but you know life. You know life. So -- look at you."
- #45
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,257
And1: 7,152
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#164 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:Is this being televised in FSN?


I don't think so.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 62,713
And1: 15,989
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#165 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Malika can go home to Chicago anytime
A fly was very close to being called a land because that's what it does half the time - Mitch Hedberg
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,257
And1: 7,152
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#166 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Also the DJ they have played 3 drake songs in a row and the crowd was getting pissed lol
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
VooDoo7
RealGM
Posts: 20,036
And1: 11,494
Joined: Jan 14, 2012
Location: WI

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#167 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:34 pm

Giannis gets the crowd to chant "MVP" and the crowd chants it for a little while, then dies down as Giannis is just standing there wanting more. LMAO. Buck fans truly are dumb. Not everyone, obviously. But man, oh, man. Giannis also tells the fans he wants them to "bring it" every game next year. He knows how dead that Fiserv crowd is compared to other arenas.
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,257
And1: 7,152
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#168 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:39 pm

... Why try and put a negative spin on something so cool? Weird take.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
rilamann
RealGM
Posts: 17,381
And1: 3,084
Joined: Jun 20, 2003
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#169 » by rilamann » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Also the DJ they have played 3 drake songs in a row and the crowd was getting pissed lol


I think now the debate is who taunted Giannis harder?

Drake for actually taunting Giannis in the conference finals.

Or the Milwaukee Bucks for playing 3 consecutive Drake songs at Giannis' MVP celebration.

I wasn't there and if it was any team besides the Milwaukee Bucks, I would assume you were being sarcastic and that didn't actually happen.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:That's also smart.
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,257
And1: 7,152
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#170 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:45 pm

rilamann wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Also the DJ they have played 3 drake songs in a row and the crowd was getting pissed lol


I think now the debate is who taunted Giannis harder?

Drake for actually taunting Giannis in the conference finals.

Or the Milwaukee Bucks for playing 3 consecutive Drake songs at Giannis' MVP celebration.

I wasn't there and if it was any team besides the Milwaukee Bucks, I would assume you were being sarcastic and that didn't actually happen.


Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
rilamann
RealGM
Posts: 17,381
And1: 3,084
Joined: Jun 20, 2003
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#171 » by rilamann » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
rilamann wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Also the DJ they have played 3 drake songs in a row and the crowd was getting pissed lol


I think now the debate is who taunted Giannis harder?

Drake for actually taunting Giannis in the conference finals.

Or the Milwaukee Bucks for playing 3 consecutive Drake songs at Giannis' MVP celebration.

I wasn't there and if it was any team besides the Milwaukee Bucks, I would assume you were being sarcastic and that didn't actually happen.


Read on Twitter

Wtf.

The Bucks should have brought Ja Rule back instead.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:That's also smart.
User avatar
rilamann
RealGM
Posts: 17,381
And1: 3,084
Joined: Jun 20, 2003
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#172 » by rilamann » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:57 pm

Speaking of Ja Rule, one of my favorite moments of last season...lol

Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:That's also smart.
User avatar
ColeWorld23
Rookie
Posts: 1,183
And1: 333
Joined: May 11, 2012
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#173 » by ColeWorld23 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:06 pm

Had to dip out once Giannis left stage. Too damn hot!
User avatar
HaroldinGMinor
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,320
And1: 2,724
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
       

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#174 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:17 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Giannis gets the crowd to chant "MVP" and the crowd chants it for a little while, then dies down as Giannis is just standing there wanting more. LMAO. Buck fans truly are dumb. Not everyone, obviously. But man, oh, man. Giannis also tells the fans he wants them to "bring it" every game next year. He knows how dead that Fiserv crowd is compared to other arenas.


Was that before or after he told them to not call him MVP?
Read on Twitter
TonySnellJr
Freshman
Posts: 52
And1: 23
Joined: May 22, 2018
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#175 » by TonySnellJr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:15 am

An interesting thought experiment. Giannis has improved every year he has been in the league. So, it's reasonable to think that he will take yet another leap next year. Would you rather Giannis come into next year improving his all-around game in small increments or have him focus solely on his jumpshot (assuming he at least becomes a slightly better shooter [~33 3P%])? I thought of this when I read that TJ Warren improved his 3P shooting by over 20% in one off season by obsessively shooting ~700 3s a day. I'm thinking most fans would take the jumpshot improving.
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,257
And1: 7,152
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#176 » by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 am

TonySnellJr wrote:An interesting thought experiment. Giannis has improved every year he has been in the league. So, it's reasonable to think that he will take yet another leap next year. Would you rather Giannis come into next year improving his all-around game in small increments or have him focus solely on his jumpshot (assuming he at least becomes a slightly better shooter [~33 3P%])? I thought of this when I read that TJ Warren improved his 3P shooting by over 20% in one off season by obsessively shooting ~700 3s a day. I'm thinking most fans would take the jumpshot improving.


I'd take the jump shot improvement 10 out of 10 times. A lot of his skills come naturally to him and I don't think he'd get worse by not practicing it as much. The jump shot however, would take this team to the finals.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Plossum
Analyst
Posts: 3,449
And1: 1,235
Joined: Jan 18, 2014

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#177 » by Plossum » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:08 am

It’s not even really three point shooting. Even a reliable mid range shot he can make off the dribble would do so much for his game. Kawhi torched teams with it all of the playoffs.

Even at 33% from three, teams are going to sag off on him in big games. It isn’t just about Giannis too. The whole team needs a counter to the pack the paint style and strong on ball coverage the Raps had.
User avatar
BroncoBuck
Starter
Posts: 2,422
And1: 1,031
Joined: May 19, 2015
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#178 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:03 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Malika can go home to Chicago anytime


Can’t believe the Bucks didn’t pull her credentials after that hack job she pulled in the playoffs. She can take her “sources” and shove em’.
User avatar
mke_design
Veteran
Posts: 2,578
And1: 1,276
Joined: Mar 09, 2014
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#179 » by mke_design » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:19 am

im excited to see some Greek Freak and Greek Streak is fast breaks.
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,421
And1: 5,554
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#180 » by LofJ » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:02 pm

Giannis is going to go Hakeem and win it all in the next two seasons. I think the best is yet to come for you guys. Players are going to force their way to Milwaukee to play with him. He's the competitor we've all been waiting for since Lebron gave up and went to Miami.
Image

Return to Milwaukee Bucks