ImageImage

Giannis Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
machu46
Head Coach
Posts: 6,580
And1: 1,599
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: Alexandria, VA
       

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#201 » by machu46 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:44 am

TonySnellJr wrote:An interesting thought experiment. Giannis has improved every year he has been in the league. So, it's reasonable to think that he will take yet another leap next year. Would you rather Giannis come into next year improving his all-around game in small increments or have him focus solely on his jumpshot (assuming he at least becomes a slightly better shooter [~33 3P%])? I thought of this when I read that TJ Warren improved his 3P shooting by over 20% in one off season by obsessively shooting ~700 3s a day. I'm thinking most fans would take the jumpshot improving.


If I had to rank 3 areas for improvement, it would probably be:

1. Free throw shooting
2. Decision-making on his drives/making his reads quicker
3. 3 point shooting


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,278
And1: 17,129
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#202 » by emunney » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:50 am

Renzen wrote:
emunney wrote:**** Jim Gosz is coaching Dominican? Traitor.
I'm guessing he coached a rival school?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using RealGM mobile app


He coached an actual school
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 13,603
And1: 5,079
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#203 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:30 pm

Anyone else wanking to this Giannis/Korver shooting video?

Read on Twitter
Read on Twitter


Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
MAC1987
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,342
And1: 328
Joined: Jan 27, 2018

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#204 » by MAC1987 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:47 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Anyone else wanking to this Giannis/Korver shooting video?

Read on Twitter
I think this is very interesting. So much for those ppl here that think Giannis should improve his FTs and long 2s. Lol hes shooting with Korver...

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app
"Must win"
soxperry
Pro Prospect
Posts: 808
And1: 429
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#205 » by soxperry » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Giannis working on his catch and shoot is interesting
Han Solo
General Manager
Posts: 8,315
And1: 4,955
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#206 » by Han Solo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Why are Toronto fans saying Giannis will sign with them in the future? I don’t get it. Reading their forum, it’s everywhere.
Image
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 13,603
And1: 5,079
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#207 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:04 pm

Han Solo wrote:Why are Toronto fans saying Giannis will sign with them in the future? I don’t get it. Reading their forum, it’s everywhere.

You must not be familiar with them. I’ve been on this forum almost 15 years and since I’ve been here they’ve not been the worst fan base, but far and away the strangest.




Read on Twitter


Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
Han Solo
General Manager
Posts: 8,315
And1: 4,955
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#208 » by Han Solo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:06 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
Han Solo wrote:Why are Toronto fans saying Giannis will sign with them in the future? I don’t get it. Reading their forum, it’s everywhere.

You must not be familiar with them. I’ve been on this forum almost 15 years and since I’ve been here they’ve not been the worst fan base, but far and away the strangest.

I was annoyed reading it. And I’m not even a Bucks fan (obviously). Have fun dealing with that. Good luck next year guys. You guys are my pick to win it next year.
Image
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 13,603
And1: 5,079
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#209 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:15 pm

Han Solo wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:
Han Solo wrote:Why are Toronto fans saying Giannis will sign with them in the future? I don’t get it. Reading their forum, it’s everywhere.

You must not be familiar with them. I’ve been on this forum almost 15 years and since I’ve been here they’ve not been the worst fan base, but far and away the strangest.

I was annoyed reading it. And I’m not even a Bucks fan (obviously). Have fun dealing with that. Good luck next year guys. You guys are my pick to win it next year.


IF my memory serves me, back in the day when Kobe requested a trade from the Lakers, nearly every raptor fan was offering up Joey Graham, Jose Calderon and a protected first round pick. Guys like Bosh and Villanueva were off limits. :lol:




Read on Twitter


Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
User avatar
GoldenAntlers
Analyst
Posts: 3,128
And1: 868
Joined: Feb 13, 2013
 

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#210 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:37 am

I just imagined Giannis dunking over Carmelo in a Lakers uniform during the finals and now I really want the Lakers to sign Melo.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
User avatar
skones
RealGM
Posts: 26,076
And1: 5,692
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#211 » by skones » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Han Solo wrote:Why are Toronto fans saying Giannis will sign with them in the future? I don’t get it. Reading their forum, it’s everywhere.


They think Masai is some sort of father figure to Giannis (he isn't).
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,278
And1: 17,129
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#212 » by emunney » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:24 pm

I'm going to call it right now -- before the regular season starts, Giannis signs a 3 yr 107m extension with a 3rd year PO.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,278
And1: 17,129
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#213 » by emunney » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:31 pm

I am looking at what Middleton's making and immediately second guessing that call :lol:
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
skones
RealGM
Posts: 26,076
And1: 5,692
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#214 » by skones » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:38 pm

emunney wrote:I'm going to call it right now -- before the regular season starts, Giannis signs a 3 yr 107m extension with a 3rd year PO.


emunney wrote:I am looking at what Middleton's making and immediately second guessing that call :lol:


Annnnd he's not eligible until next summer. With that being said, I DO think he'll put his name on the line before the season starts next year.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,278
And1: 17,129
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#215 » by emunney » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:24 pm

skones wrote:
emunney wrote:I'm going to call it right now -- before the regular season starts, Giannis signs a 3 yr 107m extension with a 3rd year PO.


emunney wrote:I am looking at what Middleton's making and immediately second guessing that call :lol:


Annnnd he's not eligible until next summer. With that being said, I DO think he'll put his name on the line before the season starts next year.


Oh, he's eligible to sign the extension I described on 9/20.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 73,851
And1: 14,411
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#216 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Read on Twitter
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,278
And1: 17,129
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#217 » by emunney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:27 pm

By grey areas I assume they mean areas the NBA chooses to not enforce because they're SO widespread. Send out a memo that says there's no more tolerance for this, and we will investigate the **** out of any apparent impropriety, so watch your ass and quit it, because we will Joe Smith you. Then if you need to, follow through. It would end.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,237
And1: 7,148
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#218 » by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:32 pm

If he doesn't sign the extension next summer, it shows to me that he's not long for Milwaukee and I would trade him for as much as I could get next off-season. It would suck but I don't think you can risk having him go into his final year without any kind of extension.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
Posts: 18,036
And1: 3,581
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Contact:
 

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#219 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Matches Malone wrote:If he doesn't sign the extension next summer, it shows to me that he's not long for Milwaukee and I would trade him for as much as I could get next off-season. It would suck but I don't think you can risk having him go into his final year without any kind of extension.



Nah.

You use that final year to try and win a ring (if Bucks haven't already) and convince him to stay.

Rather roll the dice on that than cashing him out for assets.
User avatar
skones
RealGM
Posts: 26,076
And1: 5,692
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#220 » by skones » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Matches Malone wrote:If he doesn't sign the extension next summer, it shows to me that he's not long for Milwaukee and I would trade him for as much as I could get next off-season. It would suck but I don't think you can risk having him go into his final year without any kind of extension.


I'd rather do everything in my power to convince him to stay for that year. It's not like we waited a decade and a half for a guy to pull us out of our perpetual mediocrity. No desire to do that again if I can help it.

A finals run this season puts his name on the dotted line next offseason imo.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks