ImageImage

Giannis Thread - DPOY Page 88

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,151

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#421 » by Diggr14 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 9:14 pm

So if giannis decides not to sign the supermax next summer I assume we are going to be getting a package back that will trump the Anthony Davis Package...and then some.

Hard not to talk about it at this point, considering he does not want to talk about it (he deflected because of team reasons.. but really it just seems like Giannis doesnt know and could jump to a bigger more globalized market). If your superstar refuses 250M.. you can't let him play out the deal and pray he re-signs with you. You have to get a kings ransom in return.

There are not a lot of teams with the assets to pull off a trade with us as it stands now anyways. Clearly things could change, but, Im getting nervous about Giannis deciding to bolt/force a trade for non-basketball reasons.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,994

Post#422 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Oct 2, 2019 9:29 pm

Giannis with a shiny new jumper huh?

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,878

Post#423 » by blazza18 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 9:32 pm

Don't do this to yourselves guys. Specially off a 2 second clip where your view is kinda blocked.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,994

Post#424 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Oct 2, 2019 9:46 pm

This will be his 7th season so I'll believe he's a better shooter when I see it in actual games, but I'll also never doubt that man's work ethic and rabid desire to improve every aspect of his game. He could shoot 85% from the line next year and it wouldn't surprise me.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#425 » by skones » Wed Oct 2, 2019 9:54 pm

Giannis still looked awful shooting the ball a few weeks ago in Greece. He's not a changed man. Any dividends Korver will pay with his shooting tips will come next season.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,934

Post#426 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 10:08 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Giannis' legs look stronger to me.

First thing I thought also. Just more strength generally in his lower half.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#427 » by TD75 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 12:28 am

LMAO I don't see much difference in Giannis' jump shot. The head movement is still there.

The biggest issue is confidence.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#428 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Oct 3, 2019 12:52 am

I wish he wouldn't look at the floor before he shoots.
#FreeChuckDiesel
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#429 » by JayMKE » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:05 am

Giannis was already hitting open 3s at an okay clip by the end of the season and playoffs so I'm not too worried about that, hopefully he can do that over the course of an entire season and if he improves from then he's gotten pretty good. I'm more worried about his FT shooting than anything, that did us in more than a lack of outside shot.
FREE GIANNIS
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,878

Post#430 » by blazza18 » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:15 am

He was pretty decent at the off the dribble three by the end of the season. Was still Giannis at everything else.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#431 » by JayMKE » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:16 am

Diggr14 wrote:So if giannis decides not to sign the supermax next summer I assume we are going to be getting a package back that will trump the Anthony Davis Package...and then some.

Hard not to talk about it at this point, considering he does not want to talk about it (he deflected because of team reasons.. but really it just seems like Giannis doesnt know and could jump to a bigger more globalized market). If your superstar refuses 250M.. you can't let him play out the deal and pray he re-signs with you. You have to get a kings ransom in return.

There are not a lot of teams with the assets to pull off a trade with us as it stands now anyways. Clearly things could change, but, Im getting nervous about Giannis deciding to bolt/force a trade for non-basketball reasons.

There is no life after Giannis, think of it like that. If Giannis leaves then why is it? To a bigger market like LA or NYC? Do you think they're going to have a king's random to offer? The Anthony Davis trade wasn't even good and the Lakers even having that many young players to begin with was an anomaly. LA is pretty full right now for the foreseeable future, NYC has a garbage pile that interests no one. We'd honestly be lucky to get deal as good at the Davis one if Giannis decide to go big market. I'll take 2 years of Giannis with a chance at winning a ring with the risk he might walk than to turn tail & give up because I'm nervous. I'm really not worried about it, stop listening to sports media fake news. There is zero chance he's just going to want out to go somewhere random like Dallas or Toronto, when guys want out for non-basketball reasons its for glitz & glam. Giannis will sign his extension, I have no doubt.
FREE GIANNIS
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,909

Post#432 » by fansinceforever » Thu Oct 3, 2019 3:25 am

I think If Giannis leaves it will have everything to do with basketball. If he leaves, it will be to play with players that are better than what we currently have.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#433 » by Coach Carter » Thu Oct 3, 2019 4:43 am

If anything, significant improvements to his game will come much later on. For now, he is who he is. He needs to get back to 0.77 from the FT line and do a much better job passing out of pressure.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,138

Post#434 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Oct 3, 2019 8:05 am

Will Image head east or west? Or will he remain in Milwaukee, crossing paths with Image?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#435 » by Aaron It Out » Fri Oct 4, 2019 12:51 am

theFireBlanket wrote:Will Image head east or west? Or will he remain in Milwaukee, crossing paths with Image?
I'm so confused

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,138

Post#436 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Oct 4, 2019 3:40 am

Giannis is I-94, Thanasis I-43.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#437 » by Aaron It Out » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:45 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Cooleyo47
Rookie
And1: 523

Post#438 » by Cooleyo47 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 9:20 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:So if giannis decides not to sign the supermax next summer I assume we are going to be getting a package back that will trump the Anthony Davis Package...and then some.

There is no life after Giannis, think of it like that. If Giannis leaves then why is it? To a bigger market like LA or NYC? Do you think they're going to have a king's random to offer? The Anthony Davis trade wasn't even good and the Lakers even having that many young players to begin with was an anomaly. LA is pretty full right now for the foreseeable future, NYC has a garbage pile that interests no one. We'd honestly be lucky to get deal as good at the Davis one if Giannis decide to go big market. I'll take 2 years of Giannis with a chance at winning a ring with the risk he might walk than to turn tail & give up because I'm nervous. I'm really not worried about it, stop listening to sports media fake news. There is zero chance he's just going to want out to go somewhere random like Dallas or Toronto, when guys want out for non-basketball reasons its for glitz & glam. Giannis will sign his extension, I have no doubt.

Giannis would have to turn his back on everything he's stood for since he got here in order to jump ship. The fame and fortune would have had to fundamentally change him as a person (which is possible). This is a fiercely loyal guy who hasn't forgotten where he and his family came from. This is a guy who's been motivated to reward the organization that changed his life. He's a guy who prescribes to the "mamba mentality" more than he does LeBron's.

I don't see it happening. Though I might be done with the NBA forever if, for some God forsaken reason, it does.
miwaukee
Bench Warmer
And1: 876

Post#439 » by miwaukee » Wed Oct 9, 2019 12:39 am

Isocleas2 wrote:To say what Parker + Snell did was garbage may be an insult to garbage. Afterall some of your garbage can be recycled and turned into something useful.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#440 » by crkone » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:18 pm

https://hoopshype.com/2019/10/10/anthony-davis-giannis-antetokounmpo-player-comparison/

Perhaps most important is that the advanced statistical measure pure point rating (PPR) favored Davis by a large margin last season. PPR, invented by former ESPN statistician John Hollinger, was created to measure a player’s passing and ballhandling ability.

Another argument in favor of Davis is that he bragged a much better assist-to-turnover ratio than Antetokounmpo had in 2018-19.

The main reason for this difference is that Antetokounmpo has had a below-average turnover percentage relative to his position since his first pro season in the NBA. Davis, meanwhile, has always had one of the best turnover rates among big men, per Cleaning the Glass.

Antetokounmpo, however, has had a higher assist percentage and assist-to-usage ratio than Davis has had during each of the last six seasons.

He is not just a good passer for someone his size or at his position. In fact, per Synergy Sports Tech, only two players in the Eastern Conference (Ben Simmons and Kyle Lowry) had more transition assists than Antetokounmpo did (118) last season.

But the biggest difference between the two players is that Antetokounmpo was able to dish significantly more dimes than Davis when operating in half-court sets.

Antetokounmpo averaged more assists per game than Davis did on post-up possessions, though the former Kentucky star was not too shabby in this regard. Antetokounmpo also averaged more assists when passing out of isolation when matched up one-on-one against defenders.

More at the link but basically they are both good passers but Giannis gets more opportunities and makes more out of them.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks