Giannis Thread - DPOY Page 88

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Re: Giannis Thread - Baby Freak on the Way 

Post#501 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:14 pm

WimpyDeer wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Article from JSonline from a study that Harvard did about small market teams has a quote from Giannis that if the Bucks underperform it will be a harder decision to stay.

Yes, and then after that interview they proceeded to go to the ECF where Giannis himself underperformed.

:noway:
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,587

Post#502 » by blazza18 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:46 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
WimpyDeer wrote:
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Article from JSonline from a study that Harvard did about small market teams has a quote from Giannis that if the Bucks underperform it will be a harder decision to stay.

Yes, and then after that interview they proceeded to go to the ECF where Giannis himself underperformed.

Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#503 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:47 pm

blazza18 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
WimpyDeer wrote:

There are so many things i simply cannot stay silent about.

Another one is Giannis leaving us :wink:
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,942

Re: Giannis Thread 

Post#504 » by soxperry » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:31 pm

This is absolutely infuriating.. :banghead:

I understand if espn finds this and runs it but this is the hometown news that got it going. We all need to be on the same page here when it comes to respecting Giannis and doing the things that will make him want to be here. I say we as in the media, the team, the city, whoever. And now we have these hacks jeopardizing the extension (however small of an effect) in order to get clicks. Do they not realize that if he leaves the party is over?? We got a good thing, dont screw it up!!!!
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,876

Post#505 » by Plossum » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:43 pm

Hardly a revelation. If the team isn’t good Giannis goes. I wouldn’t put too much stock in this. Going to be a lot of pieces and speculation about Giannis until he re-signs.
#LockUpChuck
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#506 » by LittleRooster » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:11 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
crkone wrote:
Sources close to the team state that the Bucks' ownership and it's close ties to the Democratic party leadership is appealing to the President of Basketball Operations of the Toronto Raptors, Masai Ujiri and his post NBA career plans.

;)

ETA: Didn't notice the smily face on Tapatalk. Weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
icoholic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#507 » by icoholic » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:19 am

Raptors fan here, I honestly feel for you guys and what you're going to have to read and listen to non-stop for the next year or two. I lived through it with Vince and then again with Kawhi, it sucks at every level. I sincerely hope he stays in Milwaukee.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,808

Post#508 » by fansinceforever » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:33 am

This is the story we will have to live with until we at minimum make the NBA Finals. I would just get used to it, guys. It gets clicks and, in all honesty, it's true.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#509 » by Mags FTW » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:12 am

Journal Sentinel...what an effing rag.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#510 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:34 am

fansinceforever wrote: in all honesty, it's true.

Except he didn't say it today, this week, this month. He said it 7 months ago. At the time we hadn't won a playoff series in 18 years. Context is everything.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#511 » by FlagsFlyForever » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:38 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
fansinceforever wrote: in all honesty, it's true.

Except he didn't say it today, this week, this month. He said it 7 months ago. At the time we hadn't won a playoff series in 18 years. Context is everything.

He's been saying basically the same thing for years since people have been asking him. Every Bucks fan should know by now that Giannis will stay if the Bucks are a contender and he will leave if they are not.
Read on Twitter
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#512 » by crkone » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:44 am

Mags FTW wrote:Journal Sentinel...what an effing rag.
Seriously. Here's an idea for a headline "Giannis will commit to Bucks long-term if they keep winning". No we need a BS headline that drums up more crap from everyone from sports radio to local news stations to your mom's pilates instructor.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#513 » by Isocleas2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:51 am

Giannis is just trying to give the Raptors fans something to talk about.

For real real isn't this what we all expected? Superstars don't stay with small market teams unless they're contenders, there's nothing new here.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#514 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:31 am

I mean it could be worse:
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,696

Post#515 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:36 am

you cant win
if he says I'm staying here no matter what, someone will twist it to "oh got comfy, he's complacent, never gonna win"
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,808

Post#516 » by fansinceforever » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:39 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:I mean it could be worse:

I really hope there isn’t a JS journalist that’s ambitious and stupid enough to publish something like this.

Although, with the pay wall, do people still read the JS? Haven’t read it once since I moved 5-6 years ago.
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#517 » by MrHoneycutt » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:44 am

The only 'news' here is that the JS hasn't been a paper of any appreciable substance since, well, there was a seperate Journal and a Sentinel. Not only are they owned by USA Today and hardly do any local reporting of importance, they have employed hacks for sportswriters since I've been alive, and are now using clickbait to try and get digital subscriptions (henceforth this will be known as a 'Malika'). Furthermore, whether Giannis said this now or 7 months ago or 3 months from now, who cares? There's nothing about it that is breaking. If we were missing the playoffs, or getting bounced before the ECF, what player would want to tie his future into that? He's been quite loyal to us, but no MVP is going to go down with the ship if it's clear that the proverbial iceburg is on the horizon and gaining fast. Nothing to see here, folks.
higharc
Junior
And1: 225

Post#518 » by higharc » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:32 am

https://www.contra.gr/synentefxeis/giannis-antetokounmpo-is-hungry-for-his-first-ring.7520012.html

The team has helped me and my family from the beginning. It made us feel at home and I wish we stay together for many more years. My goal this year is to win the championship with the Bucks, which is something that requires a lot of work. It's hard, I'm not going to lie to you.

Greek media >>> WI media :P
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Post#519 » by AussieBuck » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 am

higharc wrote:https://www.contra.gr/synentefxeis/giannis-antetokounmpo-is-hungry-for-his-first-ring.7520012.html

The team has helped me and my family from the beginning. It made us feel at home and I wish we stay together for many more years. My goal this year is to win the championship with the Bucks, which is something that requires a lot of work. It's hard, I'm not going to lie to you.

Greek media >>> WI media :P

heh, I became a Bucks fan and found this board because I wanted to see how the Aussie guy who got drafted was doing out of curiosity and for some reason I could hardly find anything in the local Milwaukee news. This is one of the biggest forums on Realgm because there is no alternative mainstream source of Bucks news and never has been.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#520 » by Mags FTW » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:56 am

fansinceforever wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:I mean it could be worse:

I really hope there isn’t a JS journalist that’s ambitious and stupid enough to publish something like this.

Although, with the pay wall, do people still read the JS? Haven’t read it once since I moved 5-6 years ago.

You can get around the paywall for number of articles you can view by just deleting your cookies. They finally realized this recently which is why they made certain articles "for subscribers only".

Return to Milwaukee Bucks