ImageImage

Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#521 » by smauss » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:10 pm

Yup, one good year in a row....... I'm with Mike on this one.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#522 » by M-C-G » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:58 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
msiris wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Because in the NBA you literally can't pay according to talent level because there is a maximum you are allowed to pay.
And this is why the NBA is dumb. This is why the NBA is not that competitive. You have stupid teams who over pay guys who do not take you anywhere. So other teams could have given him a max of 140 ? So he is so good that we had to offer him $38 million over that? Mark my word. Its going to haunt us down the road. It will bite us in the ass.

What would you have done?

You didn't ask me, but S&T Middleton and keep Brogdon.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,722

Post#523 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:21 pm

M-C-G wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
msiris wrote:And this is why the NBA is dumb. This is why the NBA is not that competitive. You have stupid teams who over pay guys who do not take you anywhere. So other teams could have given him a max of 140 ? So he is so good that we had to offer him $38 million over that? Mark my word. Its going to haunt us down the road. It will bite us in the ass.

I think this assumes Brogdon wanted to stay.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#524 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:21 am

M-C-G wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
msiris wrote:And this is why the NBA is dumb. This is why the NBA is not that competitive. You have stupid teams who over pay guys who do not take you anywhere. So other teams could have given him a max of 140 ? So he is so good that we had to offer him $38 million over that? Mark my word. Its going to haunt us down the road. It will bite us in the ass.

You can let Middleton walk and resign Brogdon (which is a debate to have), but how do you plan on a S&T with an unrestricted FA unless he tells you exactly where he wants to go?
Read on Twitter
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Post#525 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:35 am

So we are paying Middleton 35.6M a year for 5 years and the Clippers are paying Kawhi 35.5M a year for 4 years. Why does it feel like we are getting screwed on this deal? Kawhi is about twice as good as Middleton in my eyes. Kawhi is a monster. Middleton is meh. Shades of Michael Redd?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,328

Post#526 » by crkone » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:36 am

Neuromancer56 wrote:So we are paying Middleton 35.6M a year for 5 years and the Clippers are paying Kawhi 35.5M a year for 4 years. Why does it feel like we are getting screwed on this deal? Kawhi is about twice as good as Middleton in my eyes.
Cause Leonard can't get paid more because of rules. He should be making twice as much.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#527 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:07 am

crkone wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:So we are paying Middleton 35.6M a year for 5 years and the Clippers are paying Kawhi 35.5M a year for 4 years. Why does it feel like we are getting screwed on this deal? Kawhi is about twice as good as Middleton in my eyes.
Cause Leonard can't get paid more because of rules. He should be making twice as much.

That and he can make the supermax the year after that.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 469

Post#528 » by Ruben Quevedo » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:38 am

Neuromancer56 wrote:So we are paying Middleton 35.6M a year for 5 years and the Clippers are paying Kawhi 35.5M a year for 4 years. Why does it feel like we are getting screwed on this deal? Kawhi is about twice as good as Middleton in my eyes. Kawhi is a monster. Middleton is meh. Shades of Michael Redd?

If only he were as good as prime Michael redd
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#529 » by msiris » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:30 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Can't believe people are still complaining about this deal like we aren't all of the sudden the betting favorites to win the East.
We are the favorite and I said that. But I still don't like the deal.
Ride the tank
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,908

Post#530 » by Brewhoopfan » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:58 am

I have no doubt Mids has been in workout warrior mode getting ready prove he"s worth it.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#531 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:01 am

msiris wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Can't believe people are still complaining about this deal like we aren't all of the sudden the betting favorites to win the East.

With the understanding that Brogdon didn't want to be here, what was the plan if we had let Middleton walk? Start Connaughton?

Read on Twitter
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,112

Post#532 » by JimmyTheKid » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:26 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
crkone wrote:

The real question is, after Giannis leaves, when does Middleton qualify for the Supermax? Because we should be on that at midnight, similar to giving Snell and Ersan multi year deals.

Kidding of course, but I hope the reason Khris isn’t in Greece with his buddies is because he’s in the gym. Not expecting any kind of major jump in his game, but a seemingly more focused and dedicated Khris Middleton would be a start for this fan to stomach 5/178. A title this year would help too. :D
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#533 » by midranger » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:05 pm

(Looks up Buck’s history of signing second round picks to huge multi year deals)

(Cries)
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Big Dog Yank
Senior
And1: 767

Post#534 » by Big Dog Yank » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:25 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:
crkone wrote:Cause Leonard can't get paid more because of rules. He should be making twice as much.

The real question is, after Giannis leaves, when does Middleton qualify for the Supermax? Because we should be on that at midnight, similar to giving Snell and Ersan multi year deals.

Kidding of course, but I hope the reason Khris isn’t in Greece with his buddies is because he’s in the gym. Not expecting any kind of major jump in his game, but a seemingly more focused and dedicated Khris Middleton would be a start for this fan to stomach 5/178. A title this year would help too. :D

I'm sure he's not in Greece because he's a new dad:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiMutLOgKPjAhXBaM0KHeDZCcsQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnba%2Fbucks%2F2019%2F06%2F16%2Ffathers-day-khris-middleton-frantic-journey-home-daughter-birth%2F1467595001%2F&psig=AOvVaw0PGB1b5f3O9r0VlUgBXIWt&ust=1562595667223912
"Ready to Die"
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#535 » by emunney » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:55 pm

Welp, 2 All-Stars have moved East to West (Kawhi and Russell) and the one who went the other way just popped his Achilles. Oladipo also won't play until December or January, so he's an unlikely selection. So what are Midd's chances to make a 2nd ASG this year?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 469

Post#536 » by Ruben Quevedo » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:33 pm

emunney wrote:Welp, 2 All-Stars have moved East to West (Kawhi and Russell) and the one who went the other way just popped his Achilles. Oladipo also won't play until December or January, so he's an unlikely selection. So what are Midd's chances to make a 2nd ASG this year?

Pretty decent I'd say, unless we make an unlikely move for a Beal or a Gallinari or anyone who takes the mantle of "second best player on really good team" (even though Middleton was not actually our second best player last year)

Now that we're locked in for the long haul (shudders) hopefully he does make the team and his reputation around the league remains high.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#537 » by M-C-G » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:38 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:
msiris wrote:

With the understanding that Brogdon didn't want to be here, what was the plan if we had let Middleton walk? Start Connaughton?

Match, then tell him if the check cashes at the bank, to be a grown up and get over it. Would anyone be shocked that he could think he is every bit as valuable as Middleton but we paying Middleton an absurd number and Brogdon far less? Maybe if we sign and traded Middleton instead, Brogdon gets a bit more usage and is just fine with making his 20M+ a year, who knows.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#538 » by DrWood » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:49 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:
msiris wrote:

presumably sign/acquire someone to take at least some of the minutes.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#539 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:17 pm

emunney wrote:Welp, 2 All-Stars have moved East to West (Kawhi and Russell) and the one who went the other way just popped his Achilles. Oladipo also won't play until December or January, so he's an unlikely selection. So what are Midd's chances to make a 2nd ASG this year?

I think it comes down to if Bledsoe bounces back or not. If he gets hot to start the season, I could see him getting the 2nd all-star nod. A lot of people (ok, mainly me) thought he should've been ahead of Midds last year. Don't think we get 3 guys unless they all blow up and we are at a 65-win pace.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#540 » by Lippo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:17 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

I think it comes down to if Bledsoe bounces back or not. If he gets hot to start the season, I could see him getting the 2nd all-star nod. A lot of people (ok, mainly me) thought he should've been ahead of Midds last year. Don't think we get 3 guys unless they all blow up and we are at a 65-win pace.

Concur on Bled shoulda got it

Return to Milwaukee Bucks