ImageImage

Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
Ron Swanson
RealGM
Posts: 13,773
And1: 8,691
Joined: May 15, 2013

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#681 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:15 am

I swear, even while using pretty irrefutable objective data, something about uttering the name James Khristian Middleton in a positive light brings out the absolute worst in some people. What weird happenstance if/when Middleton becomes the most hated player to wear a Bucks jersey since Anthony Mason, all while being the 2nd best player to wear a Bucks jersey since Michael Redd.

blazza18 wrote:Unless you think Khris Middleton is the reason we're a "betting" title favourite, then there was absolutely a way to be a contender and not give him $180 million.


He's part of the reason. Per PP's continued assertion, I don't believe had you swapped out Middleton for Brogdon/Bogdnovic, this team would be as strong a bet. It's why if I'm gonna blame the FO for anything, it's refusing to match the Brogdon offer sheet, not paying Middleton what was necessary. Because in this instance, these weren't mutually exclusive.
User avatar
Bucksfan28
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,913
And1: 1,919
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#682 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:41 am

KD did call him one of the best players in the league so his presence must have some impact on those title odds :nod:
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
DavidDunn21
Rookie
Posts: 1,113
And1: 956
Joined: Nov 19, 2014
   

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#683 » by DavidDunn21 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:07 am

I wanna agree to stop posting after every bad game he has but then I'd only post after we play the Hawks and Hornets.

You can't spreadsheet your way out of this. He sucks and he's a coward. He takes no responsibility for winning and losing, whether it be the playoffs or a regular season game at the Suns, or the World Championships.

I wanted him gone after the Bulls series.
I wanted him gone after he choked away the Raptors series.
I really really wanted him gone after he went randomly hot and his value was super inflated after the Celtics series.
And now he's blown our championship year and otherwise intelligent posters are posting his analytical comps.

He can't play 4 quarters and he wouldn't take a reasonable discount to keep a championship caliber team together. We should've shown him the door.

And when Giannis leaves the accumulated filth of Khris' turnovers and pump fake airballs will foam up about your waists and all the podcasters and statisticians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper:



"No."
Image
Shaffty
Starter
Posts: 2,419
And1: 1,780
Joined: Aug 03, 2014

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#684 » by Shaffty » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:29 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:I wanna agree to stop posting after every bad game he has but then I'd only post after we play the Hawks and Hornets.

You can't spreadsheet your way out of this. He sucks and he's a coward. He takes no responsibility for winning and losing, whether it be the playoffs or a regular season game at the Suns, or the World Championships.

I wanted him gone after the Bulls series.
I wanted him gone after he choked away the Raptors series.
I really really wanted him gone after he went randomly hot and his value was super inflated after the Celtics series.
And now he's blown our championship year and otherwise intelligent posters are posting his analytical comps.

He can't play 4 quarters and he wouldn't take a reasonable discount to keep a championship caliber team together. We should've shown him the door.

And when Giannis leaves the accumulated filth of Khris' turnovers and pump fake airballs will foam up about your waists and all the podcasters and statisticians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper:



"No."


i am so glad you left twitter

to think khris is the reason we lost the raptors game and not giannis not being ready is hysterical
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,384
And1: 17,242
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#685 » by emunney » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:55 pm

There's never one reason for losing a series, but if there was one for losing the Raptors series it was Fred VanVleet, believing anything else is insane. He was 14-17 from 3 in games 4-6. <BANGS GAVEL>
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,582
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#686 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Shaffty wrote:
i am so glad you left twitter

to think khris is the reason we lost the raptors game and not giannis not being ready is hysterical

wut
User avatar
truly
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,329
And1: 1,110
Joined: Feb 05, 2016
   

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#687 » by truly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm

emunney wrote:There's never one reason for losing a series, but if there was one for losing the Raptors series it was Fred VanVleet, believing anything else is insane. He was 14-17 from 3 in games 4-6. <BANGS GAVEL>


The game were Kawhi had 10 assists on 3 pointers was :banghead:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
User avatar
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,582
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#688 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:22 pm

for the record, Khris, Nikola, and Brook were pretty horrific overall in game 3.....and i'm certain if the Bucks win that one, the series is/was over.



Khris was 3 of 16 overall...and 1 of 6 from deep....and let Kawhi go off for nearly 40.

Nikola was a sieve, and went 3 of 11 overall, 1 of 7 from deep....and made Siakam look like the second coming of Mike Jordan.

At least Brook, who was awful defensively helped on the offensive end by going 5 of 10 overall, and 3 of 7 from deep.
User avatar
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,582
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#689 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 pm

fred van vleet shooting .824 in games 4, 5, and 6 will forever haunt me

forever
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 62,719
And1: 15,991
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#690 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:42 pm

There was a whole lot of ineptitude in games 3-6. I'm not much of a Middleton fan, before or after his max deal, but to single him out against Toronto is absurd.
A fly was very close to being called a land because that's what it does half the time - Mitch Hedberg
TD75
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,239
And1: 3,567
Joined: Jan 30, 2018
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#691 » by TD75 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:46 pm

As people have said before, losing the series against the Raptors is not due to only one player or even only one factor.

That does not mean there are no individual responsibilities to players that underperformed. It's just that the whole team underperformed to a certain degree (some more than others) including the coaching staff.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,384
And1: 17,242
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#692 » by emunney » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Also let's not lose sight of the fact that it was in the Eastern Conference Finals, where 14 teams would have died to underperform.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,582
And1: 754
Joined: Feb 09, 2017
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#693 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:44 pm

emunney wrote:Also let's not lose sight of the fact that it was in the Eastern Conference Finals, where 14 teams would have died to underperform.

true

however, there was a gift wrapped championship trophy waiting for the winner of the series...and that makes it sting even more
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 55,147
And1: 14,137
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#694 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:46 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:There was a whole lot of ineptitude in games 3-6. I'm not much of a Middleton fan, before or after his max deal, but to single him out against Toronto is absurd.


True, but of all the guys in court in that series for both teams, only one walks away with $178mm guaranteed three weeks later 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 40,493
And1: 15,407
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#695 » by blazza18 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
i am so glad you left twitter

to think khris is the reason we lost the raptors game and not giannis not being ready is hysterical

wut


It's true. But Midds was also not good.
trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
User avatar
DavidDunn21
Rookie
Posts: 1,113
And1: 956
Joined: Nov 19, 2014
   

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#696 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:13 am

Khris is allegedly the second guy. I was reliably informed that he was a steal at his last contract and fair at this one. One and a half good games against the Raptors (and the Celtics, btw) just doesn't cut it. Being outplayed by Brogdon doesn't cut it if he's the second banana. The series wasn't decided by Toronto's fifth or sixth best player. The series was decided because we don't have a #2 guy.

We win this series and the NBA Championship with a Glenn Robinson level borderline All-Star. We probably win this series with a 2011 Jason Terry type guy or any version of Joe Johnson before 2016. We win this series with Jimmy Butler.

The postseason is a pass/fail proposition. Each player has their statistical slate wiped clean after every game. Accumulated stats in losses are meaningless.
We've got one of the 3 best players in the world, so the only questions are:
Who can win us a playoff game?
Who is talented enough to dominate a half regularly?
Who might just go supernova and have 3 hot games out of 7?

We lost FOUR. STRAIGHT. GAMES. If Khris would've simply manufactured a few buckets or trips to the line with his supposedly timeless old man game in the middle of that 26-3 Raptors run, we might've weathered the storm. That's his job. Fred Van Vleet didn't stop us from scoring. What FVV did do was believe in himself.

Hi, Shaffty. Hope you're doing well.
Image
User avatar
BroncoBuck
Starter
Posts: 2,427
And1: 1,032
Joined: May 19, 2015
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#697 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:03 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:Khris is allegedly the second guy. I was reliably informed that he was a steal at his last contract and fair at this one. One and a half good games against the Raptors (and the Celtics, btw) just doesn't cut it. Being outplayed by Brogdon doesn't cut it if he's the second banana. The series wasn't decided by Toronto's fifth or sixth best player. The series was decided because we don't have a #2 guy.

We win this series and the NBA Championship with a Glenn Robinson level borderline All-Star. We probably win this series with a 2011 Jason Terry type guy or any version of Joe Johnson before 2016. We win this series with Jimmy Butler.

The postseason is a pass/fail proposition. Each player has their statistical slate wiped clean after every game. Accumulated stats in losses are meaningless.
We've got one of the 3 best players in the world, so the only questions are:
Who can win us a playoff game?
Who is talented enough to dominate a half regularly?
Who might just go supernova and have 3 hot games out of 7?

We lost FOUR. STRAIGHT. GAMES. If Khris would've simply manufactured a few buckets or trips to the line with his supposedly timeless old man game in the middle of that 26-3 Raptors run, we might've weathered the storm. That's his job. Fred Van Vleet didn't stop us from scoring. What FVV did do was believe in himself.

Hi, Shaffty. Hope you're doing well.


You must’ve skipped out on game 4 where he was the only guy on the team who could do anything. The Middleton game happened and nobody else (Giannis included after the first quarter) showed up and the Bucks were blown out. That was the game where the Raps bench dropped 50 or whatever.
karson39
Sophomore
Posts: 111
And1: 40
Joined: Jun 12, 2015
 

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#698 » by karson39 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 am

Last year Midds was awesome against the Celtics in the playoffs.
This year, not so much. Scoring 13.7 with 41% FG in Conference finals is not what you expect from a max contract. He got outperformed by Brook, who was our second banana. I mean, Giannis was bad, but Khris, Bled and Brog should step up, and they didn't. Contractwise, Midds is the one you expect to do something extra when Giannis is triple teammed. :roll:
To put things into perspective, Norman Powell had 12.2 at 45 % in 12 minutes less.
User avatar
buckboy
General Manager
Posts: 8,065
And1: 3,523
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: At the Gettin' Place
     

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#699 » by buckboy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:55 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:I wanna agree to stop posting after every bad game he has but then I'd only post after we play the Hawks and Hornets.

You can't spreadsheet your way out of this. He sucks and he's a coward. He takes no responsibility for winning and losing, whether it be the playoffs or a regular season game at the Suns, or the World Championships.

I wanted him gone after the Bulls series.
I wanted him gone after he choked away the Raptors series.
I really really wanted him gone after he went randomly hot and his value was super inflated after the Celtics series.
And now he's blown our championship year and otherwise intelligent posters are posting his analytical comps.

He can't play 4 quarters and he wouldn't take a reasonable discount to keep a championship caliber team together. We should've shown him the door.

And when Giannis leaves the accumulated filth of Khris' turnovers and pump fake airballs will foam up about your waists and all the podcasters and statisticians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper:



"No."


7 people and1'd this nonsense. I hope they were sarcastic and1s.
"lol Bucks fans saying the bucks are getting fouled every possession. Are you guys watching Giannis? He literally fouls on every drive."

-ajones9219, a Celtic fan who may or may not be prone to hyperbole
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,384
And1: 17,242
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#700 » by emunney » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:25 pm

buckboy wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:I wanna agree to stop posting after every bad game he has but then I'd only post after we play the Hawks and Hornets.

You can't spreadsheet your way out of this. He sucks and he's a coward. He takes no responsibility for winning and losing, whether it be the playoffs or a regular season game at the Suns, or the World Championships.

I wanted him gone after the Bulls series.
I wanted him gone after he choked away the Raptors series.
I really really wanted him gone after he went randomly hot and his value was super inflated after the Celtics series.
And now he's blown our championship year and otherwise intelligent posters are posting his analytical comps.

He can't play 4 quarters and he wouldn't take a reasonable discount to keep a championship caliber team together. We should've shown him the door.

And when Giannis leaves the accumulated filth of Khris' turnovers and pump fake airballs will foam up about your waists and all the podcasters and statisticians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper:



"No."


7 people and1'd this nonsense. I hope they were sarcastic and1s.


I routinely like posts for their craft even if I disagree with their content.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks