ImageImage

Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#761 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:47 pm

However you want to measure it, Middleton has to be the 2nd best wing among east playoff teams. He can’t be worse than Josh Richardson, Tatum/Brown/Hayward, LeVert, Fournier, TJ Warren ECT. He’a not gonna catch Jimmy Butler and Beal’s team is too bad to matter. Not that big of an ask.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#762 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:23 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:However you want to measure it, Middleton has to be the 2nd best wing among east playoff teams. He can’t be worse than Josh Richardson, Tatum/Brown/Hayward, LeVert, Fournier, TJ Warren ECT. He’a not gonna catch Jimmy Butler and Beal’s team is too bad to matter. Not that big of an ask.

i would agree with this. if hes right there with..... or the most badass of... the top #2's in the east..... then his contract is the whatevv.

its as simple as that.

right now as it stands, in my book... that's where hes at. I hope he doesn't regress
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#763 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 6:42 am

You'd think the law of averages would demand he'd play well against a good team occasionally, right?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#764 » by Perseus1966 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 6:46 am

He was best player for Clippers
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#765 » by AussieBuck » Thu Nov 7, 2019 11:06 am

At least he nailed those fts at the end.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#766 » by smauss » Thu Nov 7, 2019 2:27 pm

What he has is a beautiful jump shot, and really good midrange game. His handle is bad, and he tends to be a turnover machine. I was not for resigning him at this price, and I also said that we are not a championship team with him as our second best player, so far he has done nothing to change my mind. Kinda wish he would......
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#767 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Nov 7, 2019 4:39 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:However you want to measure it, Middleton has to be the 2nd best wing among east playoff teams. He can’t be worse than Josh Richardson, Tatum/Brown/Hayward, LeVert, Fournier, TJ Warren ECT. He’a not gonna catch Jimmy Butler and Beal’s team is too bad to matter. Not that big of an ask.

This is still a fair expectation, right?
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#768 » by truly » Thu Nov 7, 2019 4:48 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:

To me,how he performs compared to these guys isn't that important.You need to compare him to real contenders and their number 2 options.So AD and PG i guess?And i am not sure Giannis is better than Lebron and Kawhi come playoff time which doesn't bode well for the Bucks.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#769 » by jute2003 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 6:04 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:

He will be a glorified role player that doesnt play defense as early as next season.
only a fan, only an opinion
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,482

Post#770 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Nov 7, 2019 6:11 pm

I'm not reading this whole thread but I hope that the gist is this contract was bad from the start and will not age well. But don't worry. Here's what's going to happen. The Kings LOVE Middleton and they will suck going into a PG heavy draft so they will move Fox and Barnes to us for Middleton and a first. Book it.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if that's even doable. I'm just a fan like Stan.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#771 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Nov 7, 2019 7:53 pm

truly wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

To me,how he performs compared to these guys isn't that important.You need to compare him to real contenders and their number 2 options.So AD and PG i guess?And i am not sure Giannis is better than Lebron and Kawhi come playoff time which doesn't bode well for the Bucks.

we need to compare middleton to PG and AD to have a fair discussion? :lol:
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#772 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Nov 7, 2019 7:56 pm

it would be an interesting poll to see how many on this board would trade Giannis/middleton straight up for kawhi/PG or LeBron/AD.

I get that on paper both of those other duos are better but to me it doesn't matter. I like our guys. i'll keep them now and def for the long haul right where they are.

and outside of those two there isn't two other guys id even sniff. middelton is in the discussion as a top5 #2 in this league. giannis likes him. we win with the two of them. they both have a ton of basketball left. that's good enough for me
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#773 » by AussieBuck » Thu Nov 7, 2019 7:59 pm

AussieBuck wrote: I just want him to be able to score 20 against single coverage in the playoffs. I feel like that's a fair ask from a guy making that much money.

Sticking with this.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#774 » by truly » Thu Nov 7, 2019 8:40 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
truly wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

we need to compare middleton to PG and AD to have a fair discussion? :lol:

Not sure what you mean by fair discussion but if you want to talk about how Middleton compares to fournier go ahead and do that.I just find it meaningless since you won't be facing those guys in the finals.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#775 » by Bucksmaniac » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:09 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:it would be an interesting poll to see how many on this board would trade Giannis/middleton straight up for kawhi/PG or LeBron/AD.

I get that on paper both of those other duos are better but to me it doesn't matter. I like our guys. i'll keep them now and def for the long haul right where they are.

and outside of those two there isn't two other guys id even sniff. middelton is in the discussion as a top5 #2 in this league. giannis likes him. we win with the two of them. they both have a ton of basketball left. that's good enough for me

Outside of the series against Boston (and he does look like an option 1b or 2 against them seemingly all the time) can you name a couple games last year where Middleton was the difference maker in getting us the win? It's why I considered Bledsoe our 2nd best player last year in the regular season. He had several games he turned around due to his 2 way ability (and I know you're a big Bledsoe guy too so you understand that). Brogdon was really good in clutch stats, making shots in close games, so he had that to hang his hat on. I'm not sure what Middleton has to hang his hat on besides being 2nd leading scorer on a 60 win team. He's a strange case where you have to look deeper than stats to get a feel for him, and unfortunately if you do, it's not as good as his stats.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,651

Post#776 » by TroyD92 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Someone get DavidDunn on the case
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#777 » by mattg » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:38 pm

For Khris it comes down to being effective in big games and when he is forced to play out of his comfort zone. Nothing else even remotely matters if teams can just have someone play him super tight on ball and he can’t get to his spots because the ball pressure overwhelms him into tough forced shots, turnovers, and bad passes.

That’s the big issue. Teams change up their defense in the playoffs to be matchup dependent far more than in the regular season, and on his entire career Khris basically poops his pants when a defender gets up in his shorts and forces him to make something happen. And if we can’t rely on him to create off the dribble with any sort of consistency against the top teams, we are in SERIOUS trouble if the goal is championship.

That’s why it’s my firm belief that until we add another player that can basically do the same stuff George Hill is doing for us, we are a pretender.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,616

Post#778 » by blazza18 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:45 pm

Gonna need a top 5 #2 in the league to show up against the (non Celtics) good teams, right?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#779 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 8, 2019 12:10 am

blazza18 wrote:Gonna need a top 5 #2 in the league to show up against the (non Celtics) good teams, right?

Can the Bucks just pretend that Matthews is injured - so we could see how DDV and Brown would do sharing the position for the rest of the season?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#780 » by smauss » Fri Nov 8, 2019 3:26 am

I highly doubt Boston would swap Midds for Haywood right now.

Sent from my SM-A205U using RealGM mobile app
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator

Return to Milwaukee Bucks