ImageImage

Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

msiris
General Manager
Posts: 8,602
And1: 765
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1521 » by msiris » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:10 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:tonignt should be fun.. bucks fans on one side and the brogdon fans and all the other fans on the other side
BS. I am only a Bucks fan. I just think that Brogdon was just as good as Middleton last year. I do not root for other teams.
Ride the tank
4xBuck
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,553
And1: 297
Joined: Sep 07, 2009

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1522 » by 4xBuck » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:21 am

3PT Shooting 2019/20:

Player A: 32%
Player B: 31%


Spoiler:
A: Freak!
B: Brogy!

:lol:
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 55,479
And1: 14,687
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1523 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:09 pm

4xBuck wrote:3PT Shooting 2019/20:

Player A: 32%
Player B: 31%


Spoiler:
A: Freak!
B: Brogy!

:lol:


Interesting to look at his stats. The decreased 3pt percentage isn't necessarily due to massively increased volume. Brogdon is at 4.3 attempts per game, versus 3.8 last year with Milwaukee.

Nonetheless, his FT% is an amazing 98% on higher volume there (4.1 Attempts v 2.4 last year)

He's a really, really good player. The issue was and continues to be the durability factor.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
4xBuck
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,553
And1: 297
Joined: Sep 07, 2009

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1524 » by 4xBuck » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Interesting to look at his stats. The decreased 3pt percentage isn't necessarily due to massively increased volume. Brogdon is at 4.3 attempts per game, versus 3.8 last year with Milwaukee.

Nonetheless, his FT% is an amazing 98% on higher volume there (4.1 Attempts v 2.4 last year)

He's a really, really good player. The issue was and continues to be the durability factor.


Obviously, Brogdon's percentage is going to go up. We'll see where it ends up.

If he's creating his looks, his percentage will be down. Because his setup is slow and release low, he's better with catch and shoot on open looks. Which was great with the Bucks with Giannis and Bledsoe creating open looks. If his looks are tighter because he has the ball more, that's something he's going to have to adjust to.

He's also good at driving to the basket, so you'd think he'd do that more if the defense is tighter. He's probably doing that and then kicking it out to open shooters himself now helping creating those higher assists.

All in all, I liked him like all Buck fans did. I'm over him because I've bought into the thought he's now anti Bucks/Milwaukee. I don't know if Brock's latest comments mean anything, Brock is real quirky that way. Regardless, he's come off as standoffish to me about his time in Milwaukee. I say good riddance.
Bucksfan28
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,258
And1: 2,080
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1525 » by Bucksfan28 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:22 pm

Brog is getting the same amount of wide open 3s (3.1/gm) as last year but his % has plummeted from 45% to 24%. Will be interesting to see if that number improves.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 23,428
And1: 4,906
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1526 » by crkone » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:38 pm

Brogdon's more than doubled his frequency of pull-up 3s taken, 2.4 a game as opposed to 0.9 last season. He's almost equaled half of last years number of pull-up 3 attempts already. He went 27.5%, 48.7%, 26.7%, and now 27.6% on pullup 3s the past 4 seasons so he's pretty much in-line with his career numbers on pull-ups besides that aberration in his sophomore season.

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 48,175
And1: 18,248
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1527 » by emunney » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:43 pm

crkone wrote:Brogdon's more than doubled his frequency of pull-up 3s taken, 2.4 a game as opposed to 0.9 last season. He's almost equaled half of last years number of pull-up 3 attempts already. He went 27.5%, 48.7%, 26.7%, and now 27.6% on pullup 3s the past 4 seasons so he's pretty much in-line with his career numbers on pull-ups besides that aberration in his sophomore season.


Had a feeling there was a difference in the nature of the shots orthogonal to the 'openness'.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 23,428
And1: 4,906
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1528 » by crkone » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:51 pm

emunney wrote:
crkone wrote:Brogdon's more than doubled his frequency of pull-up 3s taken, 2.4 a game as opposed to 0.9 last season. He's almost equaled half of last years number of pull-up 3 attempts already. He went 27.5%, 48.7%, 26.7%, and now 27.6% on pullup 3s the past 4 seasons so he's pretty much in-line with his career numbers on pull-ups besides that aberration in his sophomore season.


Had a feeling there was a difference in the nature of the shots orthogonal to the 'openness'.


His catch and shoot numbers are down too. Only shooting 34.8% from 3 this season. Shot 44.6%, 35.3%, and 47.5% the past 3 seasons, and he is at the lowest attempts per game in his career on catch and shoot shots because he's got the ball in his hands all the time.

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 48,175
And1: 18,248
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1529 » by emunney » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Too bad we can't get a crosstab with openness and shot type. Could be the pull ups are open and the catch and shoots are more covered than in the past. Knowing Brogdon, seems like they're probably mostly all open, and the number of catch and shoot attempts is just very low so far.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 23,428
And1: 4,906
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1530 » by crkone » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:18 pm

emunney wrote:Too bad we can't get a crosstab with openness and shot type. Could be the pull ups are open and the catch and shoots are more covered than in the past. Knowing Brogdon, seems like they're probably mostly all open, and the number of catch and shoot attempts is just very low so far.


Don't worry about tightly covered shots with Brogdon since he has only taken one 3 this season with a defender within 4 feet of him.

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
skones
RealGM
Posts: 26,689
And1: 6,163
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1531 » by skones » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Brogdon is taking threes off the bounce this year. That's the difference and it's a big one. It was also one of my worries with Brogdon in a bigger role.

18-19:
0 Dribble Threes: 24.6% frequency
3 Dribbles or More: 5.4% frequency

19-20:
0 Dribble Threes: 12.8% frequency
3 Dribbles or More: 12.8% frequency
User avatar
DavidDunn21
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,354
And1: 1,163
Joined: Nov 19, 2014
   

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1532 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:01 pm

How many tightly contested 3's do you typically want your point guard to take?
Image
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 48,175
And1: 18,248
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1533 » by emunney » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:04 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:How many tightly contested 3's do you typically want your point guard to take?


I want my PG to be able to make that shot, the same way we want Middleton to be able to make it. Tightly contested shots win tightly contested games.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
tski1972
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,474
And1: 2,315
Joined: May 24, 2011
Location: Wow-saw, WI
Contact:
     

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1534 » by tski1972 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:50 pm

any reason to believe this?

Read on Twitter
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

Image

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
User avatar
coolhandluke121
General Manager
Posts: 8,806
And1: 1,870
Joined: Sep 23, 2007

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1535 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:57 pm

tski1972 wrote:any reason to believe this?

Read on Twitter


No real reason to believe it, but it comes off as totally plausible. Guys care a lot about that stuff, and sometimes it's hard to blame them. As long as teams hand out huge contracts on the limited knowledge they have of players, you can't blame players for manipulating the data. Especially in Brogdon's case, because he knows it might be the only big free agent contract he ever gets, considering his injury history. I still maintain that the fused bone in his foot is a ticking time bomb.

On that note, let's not forget that the injury history in and of itself is reason enough for caution before returning, regardless of whether the insinuation above has any merit.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
skones
RealGM
Posts: 26,689
And1: 6,163
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1536 » by skones » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:02 pm

I believe that that guy heard what he heard, I don't know if he milked an injury. Plantar fasciitis is a bitch in and of itself. I can't imagine having a legitimate tear in your plantar fascia. With that being said, there was a reason I surmised that Brogdon was the one who wanted out when Gery reported it. He never seemed fully "in," with the other guys, but that may have just be his personality. All business.
User avatar
Ron Swanson
RealGM
Posts: 14,149
And1: 9,217
Joined: May 15, 2013

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1537 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:13 pm

I just don't understand why we need to try and rationalize this stuff to that degree. Fans always seem to get way more emotional over this than players ever do. I highly doubt there was anything nefarious about the nature of Brogdon's injury and subsequent timetable, and the team clearly hasn't skipped a beat this year without him, nor did they particularly miss him when he was out last season. He played in the ECF and was fine, not great and not terrible, just like every other guy on the roster not named George Hill.
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 13,745
And1: 5,200
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1538 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:13 pm

That Lamont guy always claims to have insider knowledge but unless I missed it, I don’t believe he’s ever been right. The Woelfel of Bucks fan twitter.
Read on Twitter


Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
User avatar
coolhandluke121
General Manager
Posts: 8,806
And1: 1,870
Joined: Sep 23, 2007

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1539 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:20 pm

We all know Indy has played an easy schedule, and it was almost insanely easy before Brogdon got hurt. But even though the opposition has been bad, it occurred to me that it was also important to consider the opposing pg's and their defense for context on Brogdon's stats. I'm leaving Houston out, since he only played 9 minutes.

Pistons (3 games)
Reggie Jackson
Tim Frazier
Bruce Brown
Derrick Rose
Langston Galloway

Cavs (2 games)
Collin Sexton
Matthew Dellavedova
Jordan Clarkson

OKC
Chris Paul
Dennis Schroder

Magic
Augustine
Fultz
MCW

Bulls
Satoransky
Kris Dunn

Nets
Kyrie
Dinwiddie

Wizards
Isaiah Thomas
Ish Smith

Hornets
Terry Rozier (44 minutes)

Not gonna pretend I know who actually guarded him all game, but it's probably safe to assume he spent most of his time being guarded by one of the above-named players. Overall, that list is absolutely abysmal for defense, even by today's low standards for PG defense. Even CP3 and Dellavedova aren't much good on defense anymore, and most of the others never were.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
Posts: 17,030
And1: 4,227
Joined: Jan 21, 2007
Location: NC
     

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1540 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:54 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I just don't understand why we need to try and rationalize this stuff to that degree.


perhaps because our fans, opposing fans and national media continue to roast us over this move?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks