ImageImage

Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
coolhandluke121
General Manager
Posts: 8,700
And1: 1,781
Joined: Sep 23, 2007

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#161 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:21 am

LuessiT wrote:Maybe I'm stupid but so far I've trusted people have done the math. But I did it myself now:

Giannis 25,842697
Middleton 19,5 (cap hold)
Bledsoe 15,625
Lopez 12,1
Hill 9,2
Ersan 7
DJ 2,96112
DDV 2,9058
Pat 1,72305
Brogdon 1,676735
Brown 1,61852
2x Min 1,79662

Leuer 3,169348
Hawes 2,007058
Sanders 1,865546

= 108,991494 (without the Hill guarantee)

That means that without the guarantee, everyone fits. And I think the guarantee gets set off. Not 100% sure about that. In the CBA it says 'first team' & 'second team'. Nowhere is listed that the 'first team' & the 'second team' are different from another.


That all checks out except I still don't think we know for sure if they get a TPE. I know they can make the sign and trade deal without Brogdon's full cap hold, but I don't think they can take any salary in return (which a TPE basically is) if they don't have Brogdon's Bird Rights.

So basically they're not even close to paying the tax, even after using the room MLE. That's cheap. It's even cheaper than some of us feared.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
User avatar
AussieBuck
RealGM
Posts: 35,809
And1: 11,406
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
 

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#162 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:27 am

v happy to keep Hill, assuming the last year is non-guaranteed. We aren't giving everyone player options are we?
Gooner wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:Giannis wouldn't even be an all-star if refs accurately called his travels and offensive fouls



Bruno Caboclo would be an all star if he played under Giannis "rules".
User avatar
machu46
Head Coach
Posts: 6,580
And1: 1,599
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: Alexandria, VA
       

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#163 » by machu46 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:14 pm

Read on Twitter
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
LuessiT
Head Coach
Posts: 6,538
And1: 1,464
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#164 » by LuessiT » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:58 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:Maybe I'm stupid but so far I've trusted people have done the math. But I did it myself now:

Giannis 25,842697
Middleton 19,5 (cap hold)
Bledsoe 15,625
Lopez 12,1
Hill 9,2
Ersan 7
DJ 2,96112
DDV 2,9058
Pat 1,72305
Brogdon 1,676735
Brown 1,61852
2x Min 1,79662

Leuer 3,169348
Hawes 2,007058
Sanders 1,865546

= 108,991494 (without the Hill guarantee)

That means that without the guarantee, everyone fits. And I think the guarantee gets set off. Not 100% sure about that. In the CBA it says 'first team' & 'second team'. Nowhere is listed that the 'first team' & the 'second team' are different from another.


That all checks out except I still don't think we know for sure if they get a TPE. I know they can make the sign and trade deal without Brogdon's full cap hold, but I don't think they can take any salary in return (which a TPE basically is) if they don't have Brogdon's Bird Rights.

So basically they're not even close to paying the tax, even after using the room MLE. That's cheap. It's even cheaper than some of us feared.


If you just rescind the qualifying offer you still should have bird rights. I see no reason why we wouldn't have the TPE.
User avatar
Badgerlander
RealGM
Posts: 23,807
And1: 4,910
Joined: Jun 29, 2007
     

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#165 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:03 pm

Visions of Hill running around a Lopez+Lopez double screen lol
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 13,595
And1: 2,242
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#166 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:32 pm

So do we know how many years are guaranteed?
Finley on pace for: 51 receptions, 780 yards, 7TD Iceness predicted 35-55.

Image
User avatar
coolhandluke121
General Manager
Posts: 8,700
And1: 1,781
Joined: Sep 23, 2007

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#167 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:44 pm

LuessiT wrote:
If you just rescind the qualifying offer you still should have bird rights. I see no reason why we wouldn't have the TPE.


Okay, that makes sense. I have never seen that in action before but I guess there's a level between losing Bird Rights completely and just losing the right to match offers. Cool.

That TPE could still keep them under the luxury tax, as I believe it's good for a player or players making +/- 25% of half of Brogdon's starting salary. I'm still a little suspicious of them being cheap. More importantly, I'm not sure how much value the TPE has.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 22,774
And1: 4,424
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#168 » by crkone » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:46 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:So do we know how many years are guaranteed?


Supposedly 2 guaranteed and last is a partial

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
LuessiT
Head Coach
Posts: 6,538
And1: 1,464
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#169 » by LuessiT » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:48 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
If you just rescind the qualifying offer you still should have bird rights. I see no reason why we wouldn't have the TPE.


Okay, that makes sense. I have never seen that in action before but I guess there's a level between losing Bird Rights completely and just losing the right to match offers. Cool.

That TPE could still keep them under the luxury tax, as I believe it's good for a player or players making +/- 25% of half of Brogdon's starting salary. I'm still a little suspicious of them being cheap. More importantly, I'm not sure how much value the TPE has.


That's the point. I don't think we even use it until later in the season. It lasts for a year. Can easily wait till the crop of FAs are tradeable again. It only gives us an avenue to add other than minimum guys.
User avatar
buckboy
General Manager
Posts: 8,051
And1: 3,508
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: At the Gettin' Place
     

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#170 » by buckboy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:50 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:Maybe I'm stupid but so far I've trusted people have done the math. But I did it myself now:

Giannis 25,842697
Middleton 19,5 (cap hold)
Bledsoe 15,625
Lopez 12,1
Hill 9,2
Ersan 7
DJ 2,96112
DDV 2,9058
Pat 1,72305
Brogdon 1,676735
Brown 1,61852
2x Min 1,79662

Leuer 3,169348
Hawes 2,007058
Sanders 1,865546

= 108,991494 (without the Hill guarantee)

That means that without the guarantee, everyone fits. And I think the guarantee gets set off. Not 100% sure about that. In the CBA it says 'first team' & 'second team'. Nowhere is listed that the 'first team' & the 'second team' are different from another.


That all checks out except I still don't think we know for sure if they get a TPE. I know they can make the sign and trade deal without Brogdon's full cap hold, but I don't think they can take any salary in return (which a TPE basically is) if they don't have Brogdon's Bird Rights.

So basically they're not even close to paying the tax, even after using the room MLE. That's cheap. It's even cheaper than some of us feared.


If all those numbers are correct, and I have no reason to doubt that they are, we will be right on the tax line if we use the TPE. Going to be very very close.
"lol Bucks fans saying the bucks are getting fouled every possession. Are you guys watching Giannis? He literally fouls on every drive."

-ajones9219, a Celtic fan who may or may not be prone to hyperbole
User avatar
machu46
Head Coach
Posts: 6,580
And1: 1,599
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: Alexandria, VA
       

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#171 » by machu46 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:29 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:So do we know how many years are guaranteed?


2 years guaranteed, last year is $1 million guaranteed according to Frank Madden.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
User avatar
JimmyTheKid
Head Coach
Posts: 7,310
And1: 2,612
Joined: Feb 10, 2009

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#172 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:28 pm

Nice.
wco81
Head Coach
Posts: 7,404
And1: 1,786
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#173 » by wco81 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:29 pm

Are the Bucks into the luxury tax?

Or did they avoid it by not matching Brogdon’s deal from the Pacers?
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 24,991
And1: 8,129
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#174 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:33 pm

wco81 wrote:Are the Bucks into the luxury tax?

Or did they avoid it by not matching Brogdon’s deal from the Pacers?


No, we are not paying the tax at this moment.
wco81
Head Coach
Posts: 7,404
And1: 1,786
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#175 » by wco81 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:43 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
wco81 wrote:Are the Bucks into the luxury tax?

Or did they avoid it by not matching Brogdon’s deal from the Pacers?


No, we are not paying the tax at this moment.


Hmm so the owners didn’t want to pay the tax to keep a 60-win, ECF team?

Or hold if off until they extend Giannis?
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 24,991
And1: 8,129
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#176 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:46 pm

wco81 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
wco81 wrote:Are the Bucks into the luxury tax?

Or did they avoid it by not matching Brogdon’s deal from the Pacers?


No, we are not paying the tax at this moment.


Hmm so the owners didn’t want to pay the tax to keep a 60-win, ECF team?

Or hold if off until they extend Giannis?


They're going to pay the tax next year one way or another when they supermax Giannis. Their decision against doing so this year could be either because they're cheap and/or because they just didn't want to pay Brogdon $21.5M a year over 4 when he has a history of foot injuries.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 14,982
And1: 8,282
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#177 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:16 pm

Hill’s also an injury risk. If he goes down we’re ****.
User avatar
HaroldinGMinor
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,278
And1: 2,702
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
       

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#178 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:17 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
wco81 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
No, we are not paying the tax at this moment.


Hmm so the owners didn’t want to pay the tax to keep a 60-win, ECF team?

Or hold if off until they extend Giannis?


They're going to pay the tax next year one way or another when they supermax Giannis. Their decision against doing so this year could be either because they're cheap and/or because they just didn't want to pay Brogdon $21.5M a year over 4 when he has a history of foot injuries.


The tax escalates every year you are over it too.
Read on Twitter
User avatar
Swan Vox
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,814
And1: 1,959
Joined: Aug 01, 2009
Location: DILLIGAF

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#179 » by Swan Vox » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:57 pm

I kind of love George Hill, if he can stay healthy and play like he did this year in the playoffs again, this is a good deal. He’s one of those Robert Horry type dudes that just shows up when it matters. Need a few of those savvy vets to win championships.
Image
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 13,595
And1: 2,242
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Shams: George Hill returns 3 years $29 million 

Post#180 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:50 pm

Poor George Hill. Doesn't even get a sticky thread for his reup :cry:
Finley on pace for: 51 receptions, 780 yards, 7TD Iceness predicted 35-55.

Image

Return to Milwaukee Bucks