Woj: Bucks Sign Wes Matthews

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Re: Woj: Bucks Sign Wes Matthews 

Post#241 » by bizarro » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:04 pm

emunney wrote:Dudley would be awesome.

Absolutely. Another great personality to throw in the Mix with the ability to hit the open 3, make the smart pass, hit FT’s, and generally not **** up in defensive rotations.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,646

Post#242 » by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:56 pm

jschligs wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:In case any of you guys are wondering if the initial report was legit, worry not. It’s been confirmed by Velazquez.

We really do have the least plugged in beat reporters/writers. They come off looking lazy on Twitter when they report everything after the fact.

They come off as way more than just lazy on Twitter

Arrogant, cocky, egotistical... I could go on and on. LOB podcast has become harder and harder to listen to these days. Nehm acts like his **** don't stink.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#243 » by leroyjw10 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:01 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:In case any of you guys are wondering if the initial report was legit, worry not. It’s been confirmed by Velazquez.

We really do have the least plugged in beat reporters/writers. They come off looking lazy on Twitter when they report everything after the fact.

I had to laugh when he tweeted last night, in response to Thanasis not being on the SL team, that he never reported it in the first place. The snarky side of me wanted to respond with, "What do you report in the place first exactly?"
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#244 » by raferfenix » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:03 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong about this but it seems like beat guys in all sports are getting shafted on scoops. Everyone leaks to the national guys.

Gery knew about Brogdon.

I don't think any other local Milwaukee beat writer has shared inside info like that this offseason yet at least.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,772

Post#245 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:12 pm

raferfenix wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong about this but it seems like beat guys in all sports are getting shafted on scoops. Everyone leaks to the national guys.

Gery knew about Brogdon.

I don't think any other local Milwaukee beat writer has shared inside info like that this offseason yet at least.

So that makes Gery 1 for his last 100.

But larger point....I don't get the obsession with scoops. I don't judge a local guy by the news he or she breaks and its weird to me that people think it's important that Matt V know that Robin Lopez will sign with the Bucks before Woj does.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#246 » by skones » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:51 pm

msiris wrote:Average is good? He really has not been that good since he left Portland. What am I missing? Or is all the love coming from him going to Marquette? He is nothing special.

He's one of the better volume three point shooters in the league. That's pretty important.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#247 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:26 pm

Hill/Brown/Pat/Dudley/Ersan/RoLo with DDV/Wilson as upside guys is a really nice bench.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#248 » by LuessiT » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:34 pm

Disagree. Don't think he's good enough to play and we don't need anymore vet presence really. If he could play my stance would be different.
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#249 » by rrayy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:07 pm

drew881 wrote:It seems like signing Wes turned the general mood of this board to “we’re screwed, owners you are cheapasses,” to “we’re the favorites to win 60 again.”

Is a min vet signing moving the needle that much or was there a board overreaction to Brogdon leaving?
Severe board overreaction to Brogdon leaving fuled by Middleton's deal.
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#250 » by rrayy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:08 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:

But larger point....I don't get the obsession with scoops. I don't judge a local guy by the news he or she breaks and its weird to me that people think it's important that Matt V know that Robin Lopez will sign with the Bucks before Woj does.
Gery is proof that even a blind squirrel can find a nut once.
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie
And1: 907

Post#251 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:14 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
raferfenix wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

Gery knew about Brogdon.

Exactly. Not sure why anyone cares who gives us the news first. Seems kind of childish to me. All I care about is the which player is going to which team.
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#252 » by jmart762 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:17 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
jschligs wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

They come off as way more than just lazy on Twitter

Arrogant, cocky, egotistical... I could go on and on. LOB podcast has become harder and harder to listen to these days. Nehm acts like his **** don't stink.

People! Win in 6 Podcast is way better! Better and longer discussion, without all of that crap. No reason to listen to Locked On unless you've depleted the rest of your content and are bored. They post new episodes (which are longer) just as often if not more. Brew Hoop and The Bucks Leading Radio shows are also better but not as frequent.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#253 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:31 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Yeah, that's, in large part, due to the decline of local media in general. The leagues all have relationships with major media entities, and they all participate in this market of scoops/trades of information. Woj and Shams are a lot more useful to teams than local beat guys because not only do they have a huge platform to get their messages out, but those guys are also plugged in to other teams can can horse trade information in order to get scoops. Guys like Velasquez don't have those connects, and thus can best be served as the mouthpiece of the organization.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#254 » by DanoMac » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:35 pm

Jabari probably gave Gery the scoop on Brogdon
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#255 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:49 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Yeah, that's, in large part, due to the decline of local media in general. The leagues all have relationships with major media entities, and they all participate in this market of scoops/trades of information. Woj and Shams are a lot more useful to teams than local beat guys because not only do they have a huge platform to get their messages out, but those guys are also plugged in to other teams can can horse trade information in order to get scoops. Guys like Velasquez don't have those connects, and thus can best be served as the mouthpiece of the organization.

I disagree with the assertion that they don’t have connects. It’s impossible to spend years embedded with a team and not make connections. Search his Twitter handle + “confirm.” He obviously has a direct line to (presumably) Horst and sits on info like a good boy until he’s given the green light/it’s in the Bucks best interest.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#256 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:53 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

I disagree with the assertion that they don’t have connects. It’s impossible to spend years embedded with a team and not make connections. Search his Twitter handle + “confirm.” He obviously has a direct line to (presumably) Horst and sits on info like a good boy until he’s given the green light/it’s in the Bucks best interest.

You misunderstood me. I meant connections to other teams.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#257 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:57 pm

My bad. You’re 100% correct.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,772

Post#258 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:42 pm

I think Ian Rappaport is the NFL's version of Woj
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#259 » by DrWood » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:17 am

Coach Carter wrote:i love these bargain deals, can he still defend though?

he didn't rate well last season. I have hope he can do better in our system.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,574

Post#260 » by Frank Nova » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:43 am

I like the signing and all but lets not forget so soon how atrocious Wes was in those 4 playoff games vs Boston. I mean he was hands down the worst of the 5 starters all 4 games for Indiana. Game 4 in Indy elimination game and they had their best chance of getting 1 and he was absolutely dreadful.

There is no long term value, just sustainability to get to the deadline and poach a disgruntled upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks