ImageImage

Woj: Bucks Sign Wes Matthews

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Re: Woj: Bucks Sign Wes Matthews 

Post#281 » by Jez2983 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:22 am

I feel like Avery could be a starter on this team. If I were him I'd look at a 1+1 to see if he can parlay a good season into a decent contract.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,956

Post#282 » by soxperry » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:29 pm

raferfenix wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:Ersan, Indy pick (even DDV or DJ if needed) and Leuer for a starting SG.

What’s tough for me rationalizing letting Brogdon go is trading this package for someone just as good as he is would likely be viewed as a win.

As it stands our owners likely hope we can acquire someone serviceable but cheaper like Will Barton.

We’re not getting Beal for that crew that’s for sure.

Maybe we can upgrade from Brogdon if we add Bledsoe into the mix and a team values him.

Let's pull a page out of the Clippers playbook.

Bledsoe + Leur + However many 1sts and pick swaps it takes = Beal, plus they can then turn around and trade Bledsoe to a contender for more assets.

We would have to dump Ersan and get creative so that our other offseason moves fit under the cap but it's doable.

loll... when i searched for Beal's contract there are multiple news articles out of Miami and one says, "Miami should trade for Beal and Wall to win a championship." Butler couldn't get to the ECF with Embiid, Harris and Simmons. Even with Beal they wouldn't sniff the 1 or 2 seed.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#283 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:14 pm

I guess the deal is....find a good player interested. Have him demand a trade to the Bucks. Negotiations on.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#284 » by Ayt » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:17 pm

Bucksmaniac wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:I absolutely hated Matthews on the Mavs, hated him a little less on the Pacers, and I'm still very far from liking him. Hopefully Bud will keep him on a short leash.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Are you sure you didn't just hate him on the Mavs because he was a Bucks killer?

I watched quite a few Mavs games last year because of Luka. I don't use the term chucker all that often, but that's what Matthews was. His shot selection and general decision making were awful, particularly at the end of games. I didn't watch Indy after they traded for him so I don't know how he played there.

That doesn't mean he'll play like that here, but he'll have to adjust his approach.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#285 » by DrWood » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:41 am

Ayt wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:I absolutely hated Matthews on the Mavs, hated him a little less on the Pacers, and I'm still very far from liking him. Hopefully Bud will keep him on a short leash.

Are you sure you didn't just hate him on the Mavs because he was a Bucks killer?

I watched quite a few Mavs games last year because of Luka. I don't use the term chucker all that often, but that's what Matthews was. His shot selection and general decision making were awful, particularly at the end of games. I didn't watch Indy after they traded for him so I don't know how he played there.

That doesn't mean he'll play like that here, but he'll have to adjust his approach.

56% TS while with Mavs in 2018-2019, which is in line with his career averages.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,416

Post#286 » by MiltownHawkeye » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Did we know this was going to have a player option for the 2nd year?
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#287 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Ayt wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:

His role will be different here. He'll be limited to being just an open shooter, and he's also powerfully built, so he's an extra body to set screens. Defensively, he can also use that strength to muscle players out of their comfort zones.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Milwaukee Bucks