Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: ATL: Westbrook traded for Chris Paul and picks, pg 51 

Post#1361 » by Nowak008 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:50 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
Spoiler:
I was listening to the Lowe Post with Artoviwz today and after 10 minutes I had to turn it off. They were bemoaning the fact that no one cares about the games anymore and all everyone cares about is the player movement. That this could be bad for the long term health of the sport.

Well duh! Kevin Durant ruined the competitive balance of the league!!! The playoffs were made pointless! How could there be any excitement? Even when Durant got hurt, and the Raptors won - everyone thinks the Raps title is tainted. People are super excited about this next season because there is parity! This isn't **** rocket science ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Also, I was at a Chuck Klosterman book event last night and during the Q&A I asked something to the effect of:

"If the world court created a sports division, and you were made the ultimate judge, would you prosecute Kevin Durant for crimes against sports humanity for joining the Warriors in 2016?"

The conventional response to something like this is - "Durant has agency to do whatever he wants, if he wants to play in the Warriors he should be able to."

Chuck's response was unconventional, (of course) - His response was something to the effect of " Well two things, it seems like the player movement for the league has been great for interest of the sport. So that was maybe a good thing.

On the other hand - everyone in basketball talks about rings. There is a rings culture. And don't we ask our athletes to sacrifice for the good of the team? That's what Durant was doing - sacrificing himself for the good of team. I wouldn't charge Durant with any crimes."

It's an interesting point. The problem with it is Chuck misidentified Durant's team - it's isn't the Golden State Warriors. It should be team NBA or team sport of basketball.

Durant has profited mightly for how strong the NBA has become and instead of protecting the shield like they say in football - he took an axe to it.

I swear to God I will stop being insufferable at some point about this. :vent:

The Durant bit is old news. We need more "SIlver is running the league into the ground" content.

Haha - I can do that shtick for 5 years easy.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,580

Post#1362 » by Frank Nova » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:59 pm

**** Boston

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#1363 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Yeah, boston could finish anywhere between 3-6, all those teams are in the same tier.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#1364 » by skones » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:52 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Horford loss is huge, but I don’t know about 6th seed, even if they stand pat. The East is not great. Why would Miami be ahead of them? The Nets without Durant?

Us, Philly, and Toronto - sure, I agree. Beyond that? Total crap shoot IMO.

Miami because of Butler. They now have a legitimate go to guy on their roster. I expect Bam! to take a leap with Whiteside out of the picture and I fully believe in Spo. Year after year, that guy has scrappy teams that overachieve.

The Nets? They're still super deep, they upgraded from DLo to Irving who figures to play the same ball dominant 'get mine' role but be far better at it while still having the complimentary floor spacing and change of pace wings who play their roles to go along with two rim protectors in Allen and Jordan.

With Boston I view it as this. Neutral move player wise from Kyrie to Kemba, but the Celtics were GOOD because they had a GOOD defense. Right now? Their defense looks like it'll be flat out awful with what they have in the middle. I expect them to remain at the same level-ish offensively, and take a dramatic step back defensively. Think that puts them low 40s in the win column.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#1365 » by chonestown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:54 pm

Nowak008 wrote:It's an interesting point. The problem with it is Chuck misidentified Durant's team - it's isn't the Golden State Warriors. It should be team NBA or team sport of basketball.

Durant has profited mightly for how strong the NBA has become and instead of protecting the shield like they say in football - he took an axe to it.

"Protecting the shield" may be my least favorite sports euphemism. The biggest profiteers of the NBA are the hedge fund dipishts, the oil baron cartoon villains and assorted failsons who own the teams. They are "the shield." Kevin Durant is merely an insecure weirdo with online brain who is also one of the deadliest scorers ever to launch the orb. Jabari Parker took a bigger axe to the NBA than Durant did since the Assosh [feel free to use, no big deal] is dependent on replenishing talent. At least Durant delivered on the promise he showed in college.

Dig what Klosterman had to say and I am in not favor of the just-add-water superteams. Continue to flame on Kevin, Novak, you've got your lane.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1366 » by TD75 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:10 pm

Read on Twitter

8-) :o
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,423

Post#1367 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:20 pm

TD75 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mavs be like, "Well, now that they have Thanasis we have nothing. Release the Antetekoumpbro! It's time for Plan B."
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#1368 » by emunney » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:23 pm

Hell yeahhhhhhhhhhhh get him.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#1369 » by emunney » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:25 pm

chonestown wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:It's an interesting point. The problem with it is Chuck misidentified Durant's team - it's isn't the Golden State Warriors. It should be team NBA or team sport of basketball.

"Protecting the shield" may be my least favorite sports euphemism. The biggest profiteers of the NBA are the hedge fund dipishts, the oil baron cartoon villains and assorted failsons who own the teams. They are "the shield." Kevin Durant is merely an insecure weirdo with online brain who is also one of the deadliest scorers ever to launch the orb. Jabari Parker took a bigger axe to the NBA than Durant did since the Assosh [feel free to use, no big deal] is dependent on replenishing talent. At least Durant delivered on the promise he showed in college.

Dig what Klosterman had to say and I am in not favor of the just-add-water superteams. Continue to flame on Kevin, Novak, you've got your lane.

Also it's the King **** commish whose job it ostensibly is to protect the shield, not Tom Brady's (he just does it for the thrill).
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#1370 » by bizarro » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:26 pm

emunney wrote:Hell yeahhhhhhhhhhhh get him.

Just sign the whole fam. Put moms on an Exhibit 10 ffs. Let’s rolllllll.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1371 » by DrWood » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:19 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
TD75 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mavs be like, "Well, now that they have Thanasis we have nothing. Release the Antetekoumpbro! It's time for Plan B."

Why the heck did he leave college after one year? Did he flunk out? Seems like a couple more years in college would have been a good idea for him.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1372 » by TD75 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter

:D
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1373 » by BradMKE » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:47 pm

It’s not happening, Toronto.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,698

Post#1374 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:29 am

DrWood wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
TD75 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why the heck did he leave college after one year? Did he flunk out? Seems like a couple more years in college would have been a good idea for him.
True. Although I think a strong Euroleague team would be a better idea for guys of that caliber, more games, more competitive, and about the same visibility to NBA execs.

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1375 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:40 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
DrWood wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:Mavs be like, "Well, now that they have Thanasis we have nothing. Release the Antetekoumpbro! It's time for Plan B."

True. Although I think a strong Euroleague team would be a better idea for guys of that caliber, more games, more competitive, and about the same visibility to NBA execs.

What “strong Euroleague team” would play him enough for worthwhile development? Not seeing it. Firm believer that 90% of American guys (or products of the American basketball system) shouldn’t go to Europe until they’re like 25. Lot of confidence killing coaches/situations over there.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1376 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:43 am

Man thank God we’re not Wizards fans. Their new GM might turn out ok but what a bungled mess of a process.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#1377 » by jute2003 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:56 am

DrWood wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
TD75 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well...its not like he needed the education to fall back on. He probably thought he was better than he really is.
only a fan, only an opinion
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1378 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:58 am

I mean he’ll have made over $500k his first two years out of college. Not too shabby.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#1379 » by Rockmaninoff » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:10 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Man thank God we’re not Wizards fans. Their new GM might turn out ok but what a bungled mess of a process.

Extensively vetting external candidates, only to eventually hire the in-house guy seems familiar. :D
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,698

Post#1380 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:24 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
DrWood wrote:Why the heck did he leave college after one year? Did he flunk out? Seems like a couple more years in college would have been a good idea for him.

What “strong Euroleague team” would play him enough for worthwhile development? Not seeing it. Firm believer that 90% of American guys (or products of the American basketball system) shouldn’t go to Europe until they’re like 25. Lot of confidence killing coaches/situations over there.

I mean some of the best teams over there have Kostas Koufos as their highest paid star, I'm sure one of them will find 20mins for a hard working genetic freak with a European passport. And if not one of the top teams then move one tier down until you find a good match.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks