ImageImage

ATL: DeMarcus Cousins blows out ACL, pg 89

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,948

Re: ATL: Westbrook traded for Chris Paul and picks, pg 51 

Post#1541 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:30 pm

DingleJerry wrote:For the most part I'd say bets on the lower end West team's unders seems like a good idea. Teams like Dal, Pels, PHX. Couple other Unders I'd probably do are ATL and Nets.

One thing to mention is that I think when this first opened in LV the Spurs were at like 39.5. I see that's been corrected now. I bet the sharps pounced on that one.

ETA: Rewind to this topic last year and I had the Knicks under as the biggest lock I might've ever seen. Nailed that one for once

If forced to make a PHX bet I prob play it safe and go the under, but I like the new parts around Booker/Ayton. Could see them getting near that 30 win threshold.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#1542 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:35 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Warriors look low

Yes if Klay was back. But man they're thin.

Yeah, but I could totally see Steph and Draymond coming out in f-you mode. Plus, they added a third all-star in D'Angelo. I'd be surprised if they don't hit 50 wins.

The crux of any WC bet is the strength of that conference. There's at least seven teams (GS, Por, Hou, Den, LAL, LAC, Utah) with WCF-or-greater ambitions. Then a few intriguing young teams plus the always feisty Spurs.

For the Dubs specifically I agree that 47 seems low. At the same time I wouldn't be shocked if they fail to get there.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#1543 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:31 pm

For whatever the reason, I feel like I spent a good portion of my childhood using Lorenzen Wright in basketball video games. Glad to see some justice served to those responsible for his death.

NBA Live.
Go Bucks!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,987

Post#1544 » by emunney » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:33 pm

I'm thrilled that we will get to learn how Draymond Green and D'Angelo Russell co-exist.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1545 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:35 pm

worthlessBucks wrote:For whatever the reason, I feel like I spent a good portion of my childhood using Lorenzen Wright in basketball video games. Glad to see some justice served to those responsible for his death.

NBA Live.

That courtroom video of Wright’s mom speaking to her sons’s wife/murderer was absolutely haunting.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1547 » by DrWood » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:56 pm

DrWood wrote:I wouldn't have minded Korkmaz as a developmental wing, but he went back to 6ers. I thought he had signed with a foreign team, but I guess he got out of that contract.

And now they sign Trey Burke, which makes them better.
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#1548 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:48 pm

DrWood wrote:
DrWood wrote:I wouldn't have minded Korkmaz as a developmental wing, but he went back to 6ers. I thought he had signed with a foreign team, but I guess he got out of that contract.

And now they sign Trey Burke, which makes them better.

Liked both those moves as well.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#1549 » by jute2003 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:44 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
Signed him to a max deal just 4 years ago.

Amazing.
That is so crazy. I knew nothing about him when we signed him, but convinced myself it was a great move. Times done changed.

And it's not like he regressed or anything, he's still exactly the same guy he was back then.
Just totally failed talent evaluation by the Bucks. He is tall though! :D
He was pretty good during his skinny year here. His margin for being effective is super thin. His athleticism is and always has been marginal but when he slimmed down the one year his feet were a lot quicker and he was much more mobile. He was an able defender and obviously his and1 offensive self.
only a fan, only an opinion
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,781

Post#1550 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:11 pm

jute2003 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:That is so crazy. I knew nothing about him when we signed him, but convinced myself it was a great move. Times done changed.

And it's not like he regressed or anything, he's still exactly the same guy he was back then.
He was pretty good during his skinny year here. His margin for being effective is super thin. His athleticism is and always has been marginal but when he slimmed down the one year his feet were a lot quicker and he was much more mobile. He was an able defender and obviously his and1 offensive self.

I thought he sucked from day 1, and I have the sneaking suspicion that we were shopping him also from pretty much day 1.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#1551 » by jute2003 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:20 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:And it's not like he regressed or anything, he's still exactly the same guy he was back then.

I thought he sucked from day 1, and I have the sneaking suspicion that we were shopping him also from pretty much day 1.
His first year was bad.
only a fan, only an opinion
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,767

Post#1552 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:30 pm

worthlessBucks wrote:For whatever the reason, I feel like I spent a good portion of my childhood using Lorenzen Wright in basketball video games. Glad to see some justice served to those responsible for his death.

NBA Live.

That is a really good point that Lorenzen Wright was a guy that always seemed to be easy to trade for and a somewhat solid big man in NBA video games.

He was beloved by real life teammates too, really sad to see what happened, all around.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#1553 » by RRyder823 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:05 pm

I need either football or bball to start up. Then again summer has only been here for like 3 weeks so I'm torn
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#1554 » by vegaspacker » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:35 pm

RRyder823 wrote:I need either football or bball to start up. Then again summer has only been here for like 3 weeks so I'm torn
Agreed, need moar realgm sports!
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,965

Post#1555 » by stellation » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:01 pm

vegaspacker wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:I need either football or bball to start up. Then again summer has only been here for like 3 weeks so I'm torn
Agreed, need moar realgm sports!

It's getting towards the end of the footy season over here, teams will be jockeying for finals (playoffs) position in the AFL. You should watch it and be amazed/confused!
#FreeChuckDiesel
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,643

Post#1556 » by raferfenix » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:12 pm

Where do we think Iggy ends up?

Simmons and Lowe were saying Clippers recently but not sure how they make that happen.

ESPN's Zach Lowe and The Ringer's Bill Simmons recently discussed the likelihood of an Iguodala trade on Simmons' podcast, with all signs pointing to the Clippers as the most likely landing spot.

Lowe: Can you imagine if [the Clippers] got Iguodala, who they want, and they could throw Iguodala, Kawhi and Paul George at LeBron for 48 minutes? I mean, that's the best you can do. That's the three best guys to guard LeBron in the entire league you can throw at them, all on the same team.

Simmons: My guess is that's where he ends up. And I think it's an important question because he does have two years left as the sage, Robert Horry kind of guy who's been there, been in every big moment. And he has just a tiny bit left in the tank. I could see it.

Lowe: He's good. Andre's a good player. He's a 'save yourself for when it matters player, but he's good.

Simmons: I do think that's where he ends up, with the Clippers.

https://www.metro.us/sports/bet/advice/pa/lakers-andre-iguodala-nba-trade-rumors-celtics-sixers-clippers
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,318

Post#1557 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:00 pm

How on earth can people defend Lebron for acting like a child at his son’s game? He was dancing and doing samurai kicks on the floor while the game was going on and even lost his shoe on the floor with players running around. It’s funny to me that literally any criticism thrown at this guy makes you a hater and he’s even being lauded for this. Maybe I’m the strange one but if my dad acted like this at one of my games I’d be embarrassed AF ask him to never come to another game. apparently this is just the tip of the iceberg too as he regularly throws down dunks during warm ups and makes an ass out of himself in front of referees.

I like what Shannon sharpe said. Exact same scenario but insert Lavar Ball into Lebron’s place. Guessing the narrative is a bit different. Video in case you haven’t seen it:

Read on Twitter
Do it for Chuck
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,297

Post#1558 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,112

Post#1559 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:10 pm

im going to just assume you've got to be there to understand that video. and aau games aren't exactly like a regular game even hs. its way more open gym like.
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 985

Post#1560 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:14 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:How on earth can people defend Lebron for acting like a child at his son’s game? He was dancing and doing samurai kicks on the floor while the game was going on and even lost his shoe on the floor with players running around. It’s funny to me that literally any criticism thrown at this guy makes you a hater and he’s even being lauded for this. Maybe I’m the strange one but if my dad acted like this at one of my games I’d be embarrassed AF ask him to never come to another game. apparently this is just the tip of the iceberg too as he regularly throws down dunks during warm ups and makes an ass out of himself in front of referees.

I like what Shannon sharpe said. Exact same scenario but insert Lavar Ball into Lebron’s place. Guessing the narrative is a bit different. Video in case you haven’t seen it:

Read on Twitter

i feel the same way about his antics at his sons basketball games.....i'd be embarrassed of myself if i saw video of me acting that way.

that being said, it's hard to throw shade at the guy. he seems to be a good dad and husband....and his kids probably love his attention and excitement. for a dude who keeps his name out of the tabloids....I find it hard to get really upset about his antics at high school basketball games.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks