ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skones
RealGM
Posts: 26,270
And1: 5,834
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1801 » by skones » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Jason Kidd single handedly ruined Giannis's jumper. I think we all knew that. He wasn't thinking when he shot it his rookie season.
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 33,136
And1: 4,474
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1802 » by midranger » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:30 pm

It’s hard to come up with a guy with a comparable body to Colson who stuck in the league.

He was shorter (and also named Bonzi) but Bonzi Wells kind of had that big upper body/twig leg thing going on and would muscle guys around in the post while maintaining a semblance of a perimeter game.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,178
And1: 8,456
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1803 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:31 pm

What kinda legs did Clarence Weatherspoon have? At 6-6 he’s always come to mind as a body comp to Colson. Played twelve years in a different NBA where he never had to shoot a three. Bonzi also has long ass arms.

Edit: A quick search of Clarence Weatherspoon highlights reveals thick legs and surprisingly awesome athleticism.
LuessiT
Head Coach
Posts: 6,576
And1: 1,485
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1804 » by LuessiT » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:33 pm

emunney wrote:
soxperry wrote:Just a random thought.. what is the rule on the TPE? Does it need to fit underneath the cap before you begin to sign all of your birds rights players (in essence, it being treated as a free agent from another team) and did we lose it because we just couldn't make that happen?

If that's the case, it seems like it would have been smarter to sign Robin Lopez with cap room, and sign George Hill with the MLE. That way we would have had 4-5mil left over in cap room.


The TPE can only be generated if you don't have cap room. So we would have had to use our cap room first then do the sign and trade. The problem was that we didn't have room for Brogdon's cap hold to resign Lopez and Hill with our cap space, so the sign and trade came before both signings were complete, and we created a TPE which we then had to renounce in order to use our cap space to sign them.

Had we had enough cap space to sign them both (we were around 700k short by the popular estimates), we could have signed them first, then done the sign and trade to create the TPE.

Your plan doesn't work because when you use cap room, you don't get the full MLE. You get the room MLE, which is the 4.8ish RoLo got, and not enough to pay Hill.


That's factually not true. The TPE was created in the Brogdon trade. Wether we had cap room or not doesn't matter. The TPE counts against the cap so we were forced to renounce it to sign our guys. But the TPE existed.

Edit: To keep the TPE, we had to perform the Brogdon S&T after signing both BroLo and Hill (cause then it wouldn't have mattered that the TPE counts against the cap cause we wouldn't have cap space anyway). Since we couldn't fit BroLo, Hill and Brogdon's cap hold into our space, we couldn't keep it.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,501
And1: 17,327
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1805 » by emunney » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:53 pm

LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:
soxperry wrote:Just a random thought.. what is the rule on the TPE? Does it need to fit underneath the cap before you begin to sign all of your birds rights players (in essence, it being treated as a free agent from another team) and did we lose it because we just couldn't make that happen?

If that's the case, it seems like it would have been smarter to sign Robin Lopez with cap room, and sign George Hill with the MLE. That way we would have had 4-5mil left over in cap room.


The TPE can only be generated if you don't have cap room. So we would have had to use our cap room first then do the sign and trade. The problem was that we didn't have room for Brogdon's cap hold to resign Lopez and Hill with our cap space, so the sign and trade came before both signings were complete, and we created a TPE which we then had to renounce in order to use our cap space to sign them.

Had we had enough cap space to sign them both (we were around 700k short by the popular estimates), we could have signed them first, then done the sign and trade to create the TPE.

Your plan doesn't work because when you use cap room, you don't get the full MLE. You get the room MLE, which is the 4.8ish RoLo got, and not enough to pay Hill.


That's factually not true. The TPE was created in the Brogdon trade. Wether we had cap room or not doesn't matter. The TPE counts against the cap so we were forced to renounce it to sign our guys. But the TPE existed.


Thank you for the note, will incorporate into next draft.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
tski1972
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,442
And1: 2,297
Joined: May 24, 2011
Location: Wow-saw, WI
Contact:
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1806 » by tski1972 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Bonzie needed this guy to help him get his calves in shape...

Image
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

Image

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
bizarro
RealGM
Posts: 14,820
And1: 7,288
Joined: Jul 13, 2005

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1807 » by bizarro » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 pm

The highlight of my Bucks off-season so far...

I direct messaged Pat via his personal website in mid February. I was put in contact with his reps at SixDe6rees (https://sixdegreesco.com/collections/all) and we agreed on the jersey style. After back and forths on framing in-house it became clear I was going to go local in Fairfield, CT with my mom as the foot soldier, so to speak. Today, they are finished and I have the sweetest b-day present for my pops. He fell in love with Pat’s game in the pre-season. Regardless, I am thrilled with the execution of this plan. The nickname is Is something he and I share.

Image
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,354
And1: 14,678
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1808 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

bizarro
RealGM
Posts: 14,820
And1: 7,288
Joined: Jul 13, 2005

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1809 » by bizarro » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:00 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter


Gotta be an Exhibit 10.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,354
And1: 14,678
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1810 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:01 pm

Uh huh.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,178
And1: 8,456
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1811 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Maye will be an Oshkosh favorite.
User avatar
JayMKE
RealGM
Posts: 18,822
And1: 5,862
Joined: Jun 21, 2010
Location: MI
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1812 » by JayMKE » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:18 pm

Article 10 is just a camp body right? Don't get it tho, he wasn't even good in summer league.
FREE GIANNIS
DrWood
Veteran
Posts: 2,611
And1: 823
Joined: Jul 08, 2014
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1813 » by DrWood » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:20 pm

drone3 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
drone3 wrote:Last spot looks like it's going to JR...


What makes you say that?

2. We have a weakness at SG
3. He would fit perfectly into Buds system

What is that weakness? We got too many wings to play now. He hasn't been good in years. He might have one more year in him, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,178
And1: 8,456
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1814 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:20 pm

JayMKE wrote:Is that the last roster spot? Why? He wasn't close to our best summer league guy.


Nah. He’ll be a training camp/Herd guy.
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 13,655
And1: 5,122
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1815 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:43 pm

Wish Collison hadn’t retired. He’d be great as the third point and could actually have a solid role here.

Quick questions regarding Giannis’ deal. When can we offer the extension, can we only offer three years, and are there any benefits to him not signing it (I.e. if he hits free agency do our bird rights escalate his potential earnings more?)
Read on Twitter


Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
DrWood
Veteran
Posts: 2,611
And1: 823
Joined: Jul 08, 2014
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1816 » by DrWood » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:49 pm

bizarro wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter


Gotta be an Exhibit 10.

That's a month since he first signed. Is this just a repeat?
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,178
And1: 8,456
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1817 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:09 am

In a heated argument with my buddy. Who do you guys think is better, Patrick Beverley or Marcus Smart?
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,501
And1: 17,327
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1818 » by emunney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:28 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:In a heated argue with my buddy. Who do you guys think is better, Patrick Beverley or Marcus Smart?


Definitely Bev
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
Frank Nova
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,506
And1: 1,123
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
Location: Giannis Island
       

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1819 » by Frank Nova » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:50 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:In a heated argument with my buddy. Who do you guys think is better, Patrick Beverley or Marcus Smart?
Pat Bev easily for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
Giannis is God. Defend the perimeter, save the world.
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,288
And1: 7,175
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1820 » by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:52 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:In a heated argument with my buddy. Who do you guys think is better, Patrick Beverley or Marcus Smart?


Bev
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks