ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions, News - Korver Being Bought Out, Bucks Interested 

Post#81 » by FlagsFlyForever » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:22 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:It’s not like signing a 10 year vet in Robin who’s proven himself.

It's exactly like this. Robin sucks and he's only on the roster because the Bucks wanted to sign Brook. It's not ideal but if the Bucks lock up Giannis long-term, then you can say this was a good signing.

Nah. Even if your subjective perspective is that Robin “sucks”, there’s no disputing that NBA teams have valued his services for a decade. Thanasis couldn’t make the NBA a few years ago and has proven himself a 9th man in the Euroleague. Robin is an NBA player on 29 other teams absent from Brook. Not the case with Thanasis.

Biyombo also had his services valued by NBA teams but it doesn't make him a quality bench option. I'm sure Robin would've found a minimum contract somewhere if not for the Bucks (unlike Thanasis), but the bottom line is it's unlikely he is on the Bucks if not for Brook.
Read on Twitter
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,651

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions, News - Korver Being Bought Out, Bucks Interested 

Post#82 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:33 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:It's exactly like this. Robin sucks and he's only on the roster because the Bucks wanted to sign Brook. It's not ideal but if the Bucks lock up Giannis long-term, then you can say this was a good signing.

Nah. Even if your subjective perspective is that Robin “sucks”, there’s no disputing that NBA teams have valued his services for a decade. Thanasis couldn’t make the NBA a few years ago and has proven himself a 9th man in the Euroleague. Robin is an NBA player on 29 other teams absent from Brook. Not the case with Thanasis.

Biyombo also had his services valued by NBA teams but it doesn't make him a quality bench option. I'm sure Robin would've found a minimum contract somewhere if not for the Bucks (unlike Thanasis), but the bottom line is it's unlikely he is on the Bucks if not for Brook.

:lol:
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#83 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:36 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:It's exactly like this. Robin sucks and he's only on the roster because the Bucks wanted to sign Brook. It's not ideal but if the Bucks lock up Giannis long-term, then you can say this was a good signing.

You’re trolling me now.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#84 » by raferfenix » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:44 am

At least Giannis is good.

Makes this better than when we drafted Tiny Gallon because he was boys with Brandon Jennings.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#85 » by bizarro » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:53 am

raferfenix wrote:At least Giannis is good.

Makes this better than when we drafted Tiny Gallon because he was boys with Brandon Jennings.

Hold me closer, Tiny Galllllllllllon...Count the deadweight on the rahhhhhh-ahhhhh-sterrrr.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#86 » by DrWood » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:54 am

LUKE23 wrote:Check his playoff minutes. That was because of defense.

OK, we get it. He can't guard Chris Paul or James Harden. We'll probably not play the Rockets in the playoffs.
Commenter
Sophomore
And1: 188

Post#88 » by Commenter » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:34 am

anyone who is this bent out of shape over the robin lopez signing... my god, enjoy things. he’s decent! He’s cheap! He’s goofy! it’s a good signing. But, I know we should have put that money toward Bongo Dengi from the e-league affiliate in Kenosha.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#89 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:34 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

K. You don’t like Robin Lopez. Got it. He had the $4.8 offer from multiple teams and would’ve been in high demand had he been bought out by the Bulls last winter. The better question is would he have chosen the Bucks if Brook wasn’t here? Probably not. He felt vicarious twin vibes when he traveled with the team in the playoffs and wanted in. The Biyombo comp is funny though.
Commenter
Sophomore
And1: 188

Post#90 » by Commenter » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:34 am

long story short this team is still going to be really **** good next year
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#91 » by mke_design » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:40 am

Commenter wrote:long story short this team is still going to be really **** good next year

Yeah it’s like people forgot we have the MVP on our team still

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 674

Post#92 » by thonnisbeastley » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:46 am

Don't quite get the Robin Lopez hate or the argument that he's only on the team because of Brook. So what? It's a cheap deal and he gives us an actual 5 with some size off the bench who can hustle and play defense. We'd have been so much better off in the Toronto series bringing RoLo off the bench to bother Gasol as opposed to matching Giannis or Ersan up on him. We had 0 size or post presence when Brook was on the bench. The small ball lineup works great against certain teams but RoLo fills a need for us at a fair price. From a chemistry stand point it's a great thing as well..The brothers are chasing a ring together. They will push eachother to work harder and come in to this season as prepared as possible.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#93 » by Coach Carter » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:54 am

paulpressey25 wrote:This Simmons pod is outstanding.

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/2019/7/2/20680332/the-kawhi-sweepstakes-a-warriors-reboot-knicks-wtf-update-and-summer-conspiracies-with-ryen-russilloThis Simmons pod is fantastic.

At the 35 minute mark, Russillo starts talking about RealGM.

Highlighting this as we celebrate Carl from the Nets board reporting the Kidd negotiations from five years ago.

Though kind of obvious, Bill said that phili getting horford is their plan to stop giannis (also factoring in that kawhi is going west).

Teams that win get studied, copied by their rivals. The blue print is there to stop giannis, especially since he doesn't pass it well enough under that kind of pressure. I think though it takes a lot of discipline and a collective effort. Kawhi, gasol, siakam, ibaka didn't let up all series. Horford doesn't give up on d, never but will ben simmons and embiid follow suit? They're good defenders though can be nonchalant. Then there's embiid's health, not to mention horford eventually got drained having to guard giannis. Not gonna lie though, their length is scary and i'm predicting lots of load management for embiid. I actually think, this is the number one reason why they got horford.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#94 » by ClassicJack » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:10 am

Still nothing legit about Thanasis out there but this ain't the nepotism that ruins the world. This is closer to getting a good job and putting your guy on. We could do worse with the last roster spot than trying to make sure Giannis signs that super max.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Post#95 » by JEIS » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:26 am

ClassicJack wrote:Still nothing legit about Thanasis out there but this ain't the nepotism that ruins the world. This is closer to getting a good job and putting your guy on. We could do worse with the last roster spot than trying to make sure Giannis signs that super max.

Yardbarker said he signed a 1.5 mil per year for 2 year deal fully guaranteed deal.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#96 » by mke_design » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:33 am

JEIS wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:Still nothing legit about Thanasis out there but this ain't the nepotism that ruins the world. This is closer to getting a good job and putting your guy on. We could do worse with the last roster spot than trying to make sure Giannis signs that super max.

Yardbarker said he signed a 1.5 mil per year for 2 year deal fully guaranteed deal.

Giving him a fully guaranteed deal wouldn’t make sense when nobody is asking for his services. I would imagine this is coming from the Greek team or an agent for posturing if any of this is even remotely true.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,651

Post#97 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:47 am

Makes zero sense. So I doubt it. Woj or Shams would have broken it.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,775

Post#98 » by Ayt » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:51 am

BigO wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

I'd rather sign Giannis's brother than Vince Carter, who has been suggested. Thanasis serves a role (family). Carter does not. Thansasis and Korver are good signings.

Carter is good at basketball. Thanasis is not.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#99 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jul 5, 2019 5:42 am

TroyD92 wrote:Makes zero sense. So I doubt it. Woj or Shams would have broken it.

Woelfel, my man. Really though... They don't scoop everything & this kind of thing feels more likely to come out of Greece. Thanasis will be a Buck Saturday.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#100 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:04 am

Always be dubious of Euro reporting. If they’re saying it’s 2 years, $3 million it could very well actually be a partial guarantee training camp invite. Let’s not forget the insane Mirotic numbers thrown around last week (6 years, $78 million) when the real deal was a backloaded four years, $19 million with all kinds of team options.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks