ImageImage

2019 FIBA World Cup Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Plossum
Analyst
Posts: 3,451
And1: 1,237
Joined: Jan 18, 2014

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#301 » by Plossum » Thu Sep 5, 2019 9:45 pm

Important we top our second round group. I think second place plays US in quarters.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,092
And1: 8,361
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#302 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:04 am

stellation wrote:Crazy reminder that John Henson will, yet again, be paid considerably more money than Aron Baynes this season.

The NBA, where Milwaukee Bidding Against Itself happens.


Some of us even wanted to bring Baynes over on a minimum while he was still in Slovenia...
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,092
And1: 8,361
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#303 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:05 am

The Serbs are really good but I think they’re overrated at this point. I don’t see how they stay in front of Team USA. Too many giant slow dudes.
User avatar
stellation
RealGM
Posts: 12,718
And1: 5,196
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: *inaudible*

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#304 » by stellation » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:32 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
stellation wrote:Crazy reminder that John Henson will, yet again, be paid considerably more money than Aron Baynes this season.

The NBA, where Milwaukee Bidding Against Itself happens.


Some of us even wanted to bring Baynes over on a minimum while he was still in Slovenia...

I recall, you definitely win the non-homer talent spotting on this one. :)
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,092
And1: 8,361
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#305 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:56 am

Really hope we get a Boomer/Serbia knockout game rematch from 2016. A little confused by the bracket, when does that have the best chance at happening?
Plossum
Analyst
Posts: 3,451
And1: 1,237
Joined: Jan 18, 2014

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#306 » by Plossum » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:20 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Really hope we get a Boomer/Serbia knockout game rematch from 2016. A little confused by the bracket, when does that have the best chance at happening?

I don’t think it can happen unless it’s the gold medal game.
Edit: I’m wrong. It could be in semis if the chips fall the right way.
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 40,493
And1: 15,407
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#307 » by blazza18 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 9:03 am

Miroslav wearing freak 1s is love. Horsty needs to bring him home.
trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
Beorn
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,369
And1: 492
Joined: Jun 29, 2012

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#308 » by Beorn » Fri Sep 6, 2019 9:34 am

Today is Poland's opportunity to get some revenge for 3 Partitions. What, no?
User avatar
BroncoBuck
Starter
Posts: 2,427
And1: 1,032
Joined: May 19, 2015
     

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#309 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Sep 6, 2019 12:25 pm

Feel like US will beat Greece by 20.
User avatar
stellation
RealGM
Posts: 12,718
And1: 5,196
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: *inaudible*

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#310 » by stellation » Sun Sep 8, 2019 10:21 pm

Big game coming up for the Boomers vs. France- loser presumably plays the USA in the first knockout round.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,092
And1: 8,361
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#311 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:40 am

Myles Turner has never faced Anderson Varejo in the NBA, never taken one of his sneaky elbows or been frustrated by his flopping. Brook Lopez has though. They’ve squared off 13 times since 2008 with the Brazilian taking 11 of the victories, including an out of body 35 and 18 on Brook and the Nets back in 2012. Andy V is 36 but still has some tricks in his bag. Imagine we’ll see plenty of Brook on him and Lopez is due for a win.


http://bkref.com/tiny/Dq3au
User avatar
AussieBuck
RealGM
Posts: 35,851
And1: 11,437
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
 

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#312 » by AussieBuck » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:23 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Myles Turner has never faced Anderson Varejo in the NBA, never taken one of his sneaky elbows or been frustrated by his flopping. Brook Lopez has though. They’ve squared off 13 times since 2008 with the Brazilian taking 11 of the victories, including an out of body 35 and 18 on Brook and the Nets back in 2012. Andy V is 36 but still has some tricks in his bag. Imagine we’ll see plenty of Brook on him and Lopez is due for a win.


http://bkref.com/tiny/Dq3au

Guessing you watched him against Greece? Masterful display of all of well crafted antics.
Gooner wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:Giannis wouldn't even be an all-star if refs accurately called his travels and offensive fouls



Bruno Caboclo would be an all star if he played under Giannis "rules".
leroyjw10
Rookie
Posts: 1,176
And1: 771
Joined: Oct 27, 2016
     

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#313 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 1:50 pm

I keep thinking Pop is just keeping Middleton fresh, but pretty much every guard/wing continues to get more minutes than Midds. I haven't seen a single live minute of FIBA, so I'm not sure how to interpret it. But my instinct is that Pop just thinks the other guys are better, which isn't entirely surprising. I'd probably agree.
User avatar
stellation
RealGM
Posts: 12,718
And1: 5,196
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: *inaudible*

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#314 » by stellation » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:14 pm

Patty Mills > Everything
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 40,493
And1: 15,407
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#315 » by blazza18 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 10:24 pm

It would be very Boomers to lose against the Czech in the quarters.
trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 11,539
And1: 10,487
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#316 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:08 am

Czechia is still a big mystery to me. I was looking at their roster and I've never even heard of the team half of these guys play for, and I've been following Euro basketball for decades. Who are these people LOL
Beorn
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,369
And1: 492
Joined: Jun 29, 2012

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#317 » by Beorn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:21 am

We were killed by a guy who 15 months ago averaged 6ppg on atrocious splits for a middling BCL team. I am highly amused by this fact on multiple levels. Hell, their no.2 and no.3 guys are Gran Canaria's backup C and a 35yo Eurocup journeyman. Hell of a coaching job
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 11,539
And1: 10,487
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#318 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:03 am

Some guy named Bohacik scored 25 points against Greece...
I kept hearing his name throughout the game, and until I saw it written on his jersey 5 minutes before the end I thought that he must be some naturalised American called Bo Hatchett :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who are these guys LOL
User avatar
AussieBuck
RealGM
Posts: 35,851
And1: 11,437
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
 

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#319 » by AussieBuck » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:19 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Some guy named Bohacik scored 25 points against Greece...
I kept hearing his name throughout the game, and until I saw it written on his jersey 5 minutes before the end I thought that he must be some naturalised American called Bo Hatchett :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who are these guys LOL

Lol same
Gooner wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:Giannis wouldn't even be an all-star if refs accurately called his travels and offensive fouls



Bruno Caboclo would be an all star if he played under Giannis "rules".
Plossum
Analyst
Posts: 3,451
And1: 1,237
Joined: Jan 18, 2014

Re: 2019 FIBA World Cup Thread 

Post#320 » by Plossum » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:40 pm

So much for the vaunted Serbia...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks