ImageImage

Woj: Bucks Sign Kyle Korver

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Re: Woj: Bucks Sign Kyle Korver 

Post#181 » by AussieBuck » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:57 am

VooDoo7 wrote:If Korver can magically turn Giannis into a competent shooter, that's amazing. But it'll also makes me question some of our coaching staff.

Lol
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#182 » by drone3 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:03 am

I feel like Korver could turn me into Jimmer
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,110

Post#183 » by LittleRooster » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:14 am

Ayt wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:So very nice to see Giannis' natural stroke being used as the base for his improved form rather than that garbage Sweeney did. Hopefully the last of the muscle memory from that garbage is gone this season.

It is amazing to look at how much different his stroke was as a rookie compared to when Kidd and his collection of dipshits took over. During his rookie year, he looked like a guy with solid form that just needed reps. He looked very comfortable shooting from what was a new range for him and ended up hitting 35% of his shots. Fast forward only one year, and they ruined both his form and his confidence. He made only 7 three-pointers all year his first year under Kidd and shot only 16%.

It is too bad the new ownership group didn't know what they were doing and initially trusted an idiot like Kidd. Giannis won an MVP at 24 but was actually held back by idiotic coaches for most of his young career. It wouldn't be surprising if he took another major jump forward even though he won the MVP simply because he actually has good coaches now.

Yep. Look at the 2:22 mark. No hesitation at all

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#184 » by emunney » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:25 am

Finn wrote:Isn't that video the same one that was posted a few days ago?

Looks better since then though
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,792

Post#185 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:03 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:If Korver can magically turn Giannis into a competent shooter, that's amazing. But it'll also makes me question some of our coaching staff.

Everybody comes at problems from different angles. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of the top 10 pure shooters in the history of the NBA might notice a couple of things a coach didn’t. Sometimes an additional set of eyes can make a big difference, especially if those eyes are in Kyle Korver’s head.

Also, his form still looks really slow in this video because his arms are so long and he pulls the ball back all the way to his forehead. I’d love to see him take the ball right from his hip, straight up, and then towards the hoop. No more pulling the ball back to your forehead like a catapult.

True.

I think getting rid of that hesitation alone would do wonders.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#186 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:08 am

Korver has been on six teams and literally had hundreds of teammates. Shooting is not something as easily passed on to teammates as leadership, defense and intensity. Doubt there is any huge impact for Giannis besides extra spacing. Doesn't hurt that Giannis is practicing though.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#187 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:21 am

LittleRooster wrote:
Ayt wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:So very nice to see Giannis' natural stroke being used as the base for his improved form rather than that garbage Sweeney did. Hopefully the last of the muscle memory from that garbage is gone this season.

It is amazing to look at how much different his stroke was as a rookie compared to when Kidd and his collection of dipshits took over. During his rookie year, he looked like a guy with solid form that just needed reps. He looked very comfortable shooting from what was a new range for him and ended up hitting 35% of his shots. Fast forward only one year, and they ruined both his form and his confidence. He made only 7 three-pointers all year his first year under Kidd and shot only 16%.

It is too bad the new ownership group didn't know what they were doing and initially trusted an idiot like Kidd. Giannis won an MVP at 24 but was actually held back by idiotic coaches for most of his young career. It wouldn't be surprising if he took another major jump forward even though he won the MVP simply because he actually has good coaches now.

Yep. Look at the 2:22 mark. No hesitation at all

Man, that jumper looks so clean!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#188 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:44 am

Forget shooting, get Middleton on Korver's fitness regimen.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#189 » by skones » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:17 am

Josh Oppenheimer: Shot Doctor.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,254

Post#190 » by Finn » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:49 am

emunney wrote:
Finn wrote:Isn't that video the same one that was posted a few days ago?

Looks better since then though

YES! The improvement over those few days is dramatic!!
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#191 » by crkone » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#192 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:46 pm

I know a lot about bball compared to your typical fan, I know very little compared to professionals and many on this board, BUT I will say this again, because I believe it to be true, Giannis should practice a set shot. Reduce the number of moving parts, he doesn't need the elevation, it's just a lot of unnecessary extra movement. Get rid of it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#193 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wonder if Thanasis is doing likewise
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
skones
RealGM

Post#194 » by skones » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:58 pm

M-C-G wrote:I know a lot about bball compared to your typical fan, I know very little compared to professionals and many on this board, BUT I will say this again, because I believe it to be true, Giannis should practice a set shot. Reduce the number of moving parts, he doesn't need the elevation, it's just a lot of unnecessary extra movement. Get rid of it.

Set shots are for free throws, that's it.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#195 » by AussieBuck » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:07 pm

M-C-G wrote:I know a lot about bball compared to your typical fan, I know very little compared to professionals and many on this board, BUT I will say this again, because I believe it to be true, Giannis should practice a set shot. Reduce the number of moving parts, he doesn't need the elevation, it's just a lot of unnecessary extra movement. Get rid of it.

I feel like half this board has been in a coma and has forgotten that Giannis had has Sweeney form fixed. He made more progress under the new crew in one season than he did in 4 under Kidd/Sweeney. He just needs reps so he doesn't revert to the **** that wrecked his shot. Look at his year by year progression from year 2-5 and compare to his month by month this season.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#196 » by M-C-G » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:35 am

skones wrote:

Not really. Set shots are for absolutely disproportionate human beings that have unbelievable physical proportions and it is done to minimize the amount of variable motion due to that.

Disagree, no problem. I’d be having him shoot with Sam Perkins and Marc Gasol before trying to emulate Korver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#197 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:08 am

I have done some skills coaching. Not an expert, but enough to have consulted with high level HS players. Its actually tougher to shoot consistently from distance, when you have incredibly large hands. Don’t cry me a river, probably every other aspect of basketball is easier for a seven footer. But you can’t quite replicate the same release over and over off your palm and middle three fingers, when your hand engulfs the whole ball. I guess Dirk figured it out, its possible. But giant hands are a bit disadvantageous.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#198 » by ClassicJack » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:21 am

Giannis with his form from his rookie year and maturity would be able to pull from 30ft easily. Not to mention what he would be doing off the dribble. He just needed reps. It really is tragic what Kidd's people did to him.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#199 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:58 am

skones wrote:

Dell Curry would like a word with you sir.
Go Bucks!
skones
RealGM

Post#200 » by skones » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:36 pm

worthlessBucks wrote:
skones wrote:

Dell Curry would like a word with you sir.

He didn't use a lot of elevation, but make no mistake, he was a jump shooter. You don't need maximum elevation for a jump shot. A set shot is a weight transition onto your toes.

As for Giannis, he'll be at his peak if he learns to shoot on the move in difficult situations. THAT'S what's going to make him unguardable. Team's won't be able to wall him off like Toronto did in the playoffs when he can rise up over defenders and stick from 15 feet on the move. A set shot just doesn't provide the shot versatility to allow that. He doesn't have to explode to shoot a jumper.

Sam Perkins and Marc Gasol were mentioned earlier in this thread, if you think either of those guys were shooting "set shots," Giannis already is.....

Return to Milwaukee Bucks