ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News/Trades/Transactions - Camp Opens 9/30

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DrWood
Veteran
And1: 806

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Thabeet to work out 

Post#261 » by DrWood » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:58 am

slos wrote:Could this work? What do you think?

Milwaukee: Beal
Portland: Bledsoe
Washington: Bazemore, Ilyasova, Wilson, DDV, POR 2020 FRP, IND 2020 FRP, MIL 2024 FRP, IND 2021 SRP, POR 2022 SRP

Why Milwaukee? Beal...
Why Portland? Bled would be a great 6th to them and they cut 3,7 mil.
Why Washington? They sell Beal for three FRPs and two SRPs, two young players and two large expirings to trade for more picks.

that makes the bucks worse now and longer-term.
tedbrogen
Senior
And1: 232

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Thabeet to work out 

Post#262 » by tedbrogen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:21 am

DrWood wrote:
slos wrote:Could this work? What do you think?

Milwaukee: Beal
Portland: Bledsoe
Washington: Bazemore, Ilyasova, Wilson, DDV, POR 2020 FRP, IND 2020 FRP, MIL 2024 FRP, IND 2021 SRP, POR 2022 SRP

Why Milwaukee? Beal...
Why Portland? Bled would be a great 6th to them and they cut 3,7 mil.
Why Washington? They sell Beal for three FRPs and two SRPs, two young players and two large expirings to trade for more picks.

that makes the bucks worse now and longer-term.

Yeah, not certain who is going to chase fast guards around screens when Bledsoe and DDV are gone. I guess one of Hill or PatCon would have to be on the floor at all times because Beal certainly will not/can not do that. Can't drop Brook back to the paint without guards at the point of attack who can and are willing to fight through screens and contest from behind. My understanding is that Beal is average or worse as a defender and would fit poorly in Bud's defensive system as it is currently constructed.
bucksfansince88
Starter
And1: 817

Post#263 » by bucksfansince88 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:26 am

Reuniting Tim Hardaway Jr. with Bud is the move i want us to make, shouldn’t require too many assets to get that done.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 15,409

Post#264 » by blazza18 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:36 am

Prez wrote:Respect Dunc'd on for the ton of work they put in and it probably is super difficult to go in depth for every team, but some of their Bucks takes are strange. Nate especially, he was pro Jabari even after the 2nd ACL tear and bashed us for not paying him. And for some reason thought Hill didn't do anything in the RS, I guess because of his shooting %s?

Generally find them pretty entertaining and informative but their Bucks stuff lately has been dodgy as. Lets not forget they basically ignored us in the playoffs until the ECF.
trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 8,361

Post#265 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:49 am

We have a whole “Media Thread” tho...
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#266 » by raferfenix » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:54 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:Reuniting Tim Hardaway Jr. with Bud is the move i want us to make, shouldn’t require too many assets to get that done.

Challenge for any trades we want to make is that we don't have many big contract slots of guys we want to drop.

Ersan is only paid $7 mill per year. Hardaway is $20.

Bledsoe at $15 is the biggest contract slot we have of someone we might put on the market (but no I don't think we'd trade him for Hardaway unless we'd be getting a lot more in a package).

However any Bledsoe trade creates a big hole at PG we'd immediately need to fill. Even if we'd start George Hill we'd need a top flight back up since he's injury prone.
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#267 » by Zeezprah » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:18 pm

No idea why people are wanting to get rid of Bledsoe. He was our 2nd best player all year last year. Get he had a bad stretch in the playoffs, but he’s crucial to this teams success.
jschligs
Analyst
And1: 1,555

Post#268 » by jschligs » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:31 pm

Zeezprah wrote:No idea why people are wanting to get rid of Bledsoe. He was our 2nd best player all year last year. Get he had a bad stretch in the playoffs, but he’s crucial to this teams success.

I think recency bias and the fact that it came in such an important series is what's causing it. Man, I think about it, if he would've been smarter in the final minutes of game 3 we would've been up 3-0 and most likely would've been able to seal the series.

However, I'm not ready to trade him. He had plenty of huge moments throughout the season and his defense is often overlooked by posters here. I think with last year under his belt he can definitely improve and play smarter.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#269 » by raferfenix » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:38 pm

I only trade Bledsoe if we're getting a great return.

And I could see a great return potentially being available for all the same reasons where our front office values him.

Totally possible Bledsoe pulls a Lowry and turns it around in the playoffs.

Also possible a team not in the immediate running for a championship values what he brings in the regular season even more than we do.
coolhandluke121
General Manager
And1: 1,782

Post#270 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Honestly I think Bledsoe might need to get out of the weight room for a while. Watching him shoot is like watching a quarry man sew doll clothes. There must be a point at which those shoulders are just in the way.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 3,599

Post#271 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:49 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Honestly I think Bledsoe might need to get out of the weight room for a while. Watching him shoot is like watching a quarry man sew doll clothes. There must be a point at which those shoulders are just in the way.

Reminds me of Dez Mason second offseason with Bucks.

Came into camp just jacked. Lost all touch and progress on his jump shot.
All The Bucks
Ballboy
And1: 63

Post#272 » by All The Bucks » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:24 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Honestly I think Bledsoe might need to get out of the weight room for a while. Watching him shoot is like watching a quarry man sew doll clothes. There must be a point at which those shoulders are just in the way.

Careful. Don't make this comment on BFAN.net. The mouth breathers there don't believe there is any such thing as too little or too much when it comes to building a sport specific, athletic body.
MVP2110
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#273 » by MVP2110 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MVP2110
Pro Prospect

Post#274 » by MVP2110 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:01 pm

34% from 3 in the g league last year. 33% in the NBA. 6'2 PG who is 23 years old. Was a two way with Atlanta
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MVP2110
Pro Prospect

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Sign Jaylen Adams 

Post#275 » by MVP2110 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:05 pm

Velasquez says they are targeting him for the Herd. Herd might have a fun team down there this year
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 19,809

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News, Trades and Transactions - Sign Jaylen Adams 

Post#276 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:07 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Velasquez says they are targeting him for the Herd. Herd might have a fun team down there this year

Don't you mean up there or even "up der"?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MVP2110
Pro Prospect

Post#277 » by MVP2110 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:08 pm

trwi7 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:Velasquez says they are targeting him for the Herd. Herd might have a fun team down there this year

Don't you mean up there or even "up der"?

Live in Neenah so for me it's down there :lol:
BroncoBuck
Starter
And1: 1,033

Post#278 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:11 pm

I’d rather have Joe Young or Chasson Randle than Jaylen Adams. Adams is younger though. I’ve always liked Randle and I hope he is able to find a long term spot in the league some day.

Edit-Just read Randle is heading to China. Apparently he is part of the US Select team that bodied the main team though lol. Somebody give that man a contract.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 8,361

Post#279 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:12 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:I’d rather have Joe Young or Chasson Randle than Jaylen Adams. Adams is younger though. I’ve always liked Randle and I hope he is able to find a long term spot in the league some day.

Both of those dudes are signed with Chinese teams
coolhandluke121
General Manager
And1: 1,782

Post#280 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:42 pm

All The Bucks wrote:

Careful. Don't make this comment on BFAN.net. The mouth breathers there don't believe there is any such thing as too little or too much when it comes to building a sport specific, athletic body.

Oh god, don't get me started. I mean, it's a baseball forum first, so it makes sense that they wouldn't notice nuances like that, considering it doesn't matter much in baseball. But holy hell, they are so damn sure there are no nuances to notice in the first place. Khris Middleton fitness is basically the same as Reggie Miller fitness as far as they're concerned. And saying Brogdon could be quicker if he slimmed down a little doesn't make sense to them because Fred Van Vleet isn't slim and he's quicker than Brogdon.

The funniest part was when Brogdon said in his exit interview that he wanted to shed some weight, and instead of acknowledging that I might have had a point all along, they all doubled down on the "it doesn't matter" tirade, with a moderator leading the charge. Can't wait to see what they say if/when Khris admits that his conditioning and physique were substandard. It looks like he's made some progress in that regard, but it will have to stick for the difference to show, and he won't ever acknowledge that it was an issue until it becomes a thing of the past. These guys basically never admit it's an issue until after they've addressed it. That way they can spin it in a way that reflects well on their professionalism, when in reality it's unprofessional to ever have it be a problem in the first place.

ETA: Talking more about Khris and not so much Brogdon. I think Brogdon's conditioning is fine but he might have more upper body muscle than ideal for quickness and lower body burden, and it's not like he's super skinny either. Khris just has a lazy streak.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks