ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - News/Trades/Transactions - Bucks Fined $50K for Tampering LOL

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,330

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions -Partnow moves to Athletic 

Post#81 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:09 pm

The schedule should be out in the next week or two, that will give us something to talk/complain about.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,662

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions -Partnow moves to Athletic 

Post#82 » by chonestown » Thu Aug 1, 2019 8:00 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:The schedule should be out in the next week or two, that will give us something to talk/complain about.

As long as there's no games coinciding with first-run broadcasts of "Blue Bloods," I'll be complaint-free.

Tom Selleck sure knows his way around a procedural.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#83 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Aug 1, 2019 8:45 pm

Tide yourselves over with the TBT quarterfinals tonight and tomorrow on ESPN. Some really good ball for 2 million.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#84 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Aug 1, 2019 9:08 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:The schedule should be out in the next week or two, that will give us something to talk/complain about.

Hope the Clippers/Lakers/Rocket home games are early this year. Only the Sixers are left in the East as a marque game without the Raptors/Celtics of old.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#85 » by Badgerlander » Thu Aug 1, 2019 11:07 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I mean, if Russell plays well for GS then what exactly is stopping them from just sliding either him or Steph down to SG? Klay aging and coming off an ACL is only going to solidify him as a SF going forward. I don't get why people just automatically assume that Russell was a "only until Klay is back" acquisition. Those 3 guys could form the most potent perimeter offense in the league.

So if Klay is guarding SFs then who is guarding guards? Neither Steph nor Russell are good defenders so the fit is awkward at best. Have u looked at GS depth chart atm? The cupboard is looking pretty bare
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#86 » by DrWood » Thu Aug 1, 2019 11:15 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I mean, if Russell plays well for GS then what exactly is stopping them from just sliding either him or Steph down to SG? Klay aging and coming off an ACL is only going to solidify him as a SF going forward. I don't get why people just automatically assume that Russell was a "only until Klay is back" acquisition. Those 3 guys could form the most potent perimeter offense in the league.

because GS made it clear he was a short-term acquisition.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#87 » by mattg » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:11 am

GS is gonna end up keeping Russell and ending up just as good as they were pre Durant when klay comes back.

Who cares about the scrub role players? GS literally pushed Toronto more than we did last year with no Durant and no role players. And now they add an all star caliber perimeter creator who makes it so you can’t run gimmick defense to stop curry while opening up more off ball opportunities for steph.

GS can say whatever they want when they made the trade, but the reality is Russell helps them far more on court than any package they’re trading him for. A poo poo platter of “win now” vets to bolster depth ain’t moving the needle for them.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#88 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:04 am

DrWood wrote:

because GS made it clear he was a short-term acquisition.

There was some backtrack on that though iirc. I think they want to give it a shot. When Klay returns, a lineup of DLo/Steph/Klay/Dray/WCS or Looney could be deadly assuming Klay retains most of his defensive ability.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#89 » by Antinomy » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:06 pm

skones wrote:Just feel like George Hill is going to bite us in the ass this season. Think we whiffed on not giving that money to Tyus Jones.

Hill was extremely solid for us in the postseason & is very useful as a versatile vet on our roster, yet you wanted us to let him walk in order to sign Tyus Jones at $27 million dollars for 3 years with next to no postseason experience...

I feel like some of you just complain about things simply because you want things to complain about.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#90 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:25 pm

Antinomy wrote:
skones wrote:Just feel like George Hill is going to bite us in the ass this season. Think we whiffed on not giving that money to Tyus Jones.

Hill was extremely solid for us in the postseason & is very useful as a versatile vet on our roster, yet you wanted us to let him walk in order to sign Tyus Jones at $27 million dollars for 3 years with next to no postseason experience...

I feel like some of you just complain about things simply because you want things to complain about.

I feel like some of you just complain about people having opinions just because you want things to complain about.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#91 » by crkone » Fri Aug 2, 2019 12:57 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Antinomy wrote:

I feel like some of you just complain about people having opinions just because you want things to complain about.

I feel like some of you just comment about people complaining about people having opinions just because you want things to comment about.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,613

Post#92 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:00 pm

I doubt Tyus Jones is ever gonna be the player that even "old" George Hill is. That's a lot of money to invest in a small guy who's done very little in even a back-up role. Don't really get the continued love for Jones.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#93 » by Antinomy » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:10 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Antinomy wrote:

To each their own. Atleast that idea isn’t as bad as when people suggested we should let Middleton walk so we could take a swing at Harrison Barnes or Bogdanovic.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#94 » by Chapter29 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:24 pm

Signing Hill was a good move IMO.
Giannis
is
UponUs
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#95 » by skones » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:32 pm

Antinomy wrote:

Or relying on another year older George Hill who's already shown serious durability concerns just puts you in a compromising position. I said it before and I'll say it now. Hill was great for us last season. I was among those who were really excited when we acquired him because of how much better he made us. BUT, he served his purpose, his utility had been used. Move on.

14-15: 43 GP
15-16: 74 GP
16-17: 49 GP
17-18: 67 GP
18-19: 60 GP

That list doesn't exactly inspire confidence when you've got Frank Mason III as your alternative and no Brogdon as a potential pivot man.

Jones has not only been a quality back up, but he's also very young allowing you to test drive him as your "next up" point guard when Bledsoe gets further into his 30s, instead of potentially having to run around like a chicken with your head cut off to fill a gap. Jones was absolutely dynamite during the 17-18 campaign and took a step back last year. It was a pretty good buy-ish low opportunity.
skones
RealGM

Post#96 » by skones » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:44 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I doubt Tyus Jones is ever gonna be the player that even "old" George Hill is. That's a lot of money to invest in a small guy who's done very little in even a back-up role. Don't really get the continued love for Jones.

"Old" George Hill last season is not necessarily equal to now "Older" George Hill and "Even Older" George Hill next season. Jones ranked 22nd in the league during the 17-18 campaign in RAPM and 15th in the league in RPM. He was absolutely fantastic. Rose comes along, his role changes a bit, and he takes a step back.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#97 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:03 pm

My prediction for opening night...

Tuesday Night
76ers @ Raptors. TNT
Hornets @ Pacers (They always throw a random game in)
Clippers @ Warriors TNT
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,613

Post#98 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:08 pm

skones wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I doubt Tyus Jones is ever gonna be the player that even "old" George Hill is. That's a lot of money to invest in a small guy who's done very little in even a back-up role. Don't really get the continued love for Jones.

"Old" George Hill last season is not necessarily equal to now "Older" George Hill and "Even Older" George Hill next season. Jones ranked 22nd in the league during the 17-18 campaign in RAPM and 15th in the league in RPM. He was absolutely fantastic. Rose comes along, his role changes a bit, and he takes a step back.

Per possession lineup metrics seem to love guys who don't turn the ball over, which is probably Jones' best skill. "Fantastic" seems like a stretch, and it's usually not a good sign when you're a low-volume guy posting sub-50% TS numbers. He's still young so we'll see, but I'm not at all convinced he's better than Raul Neto who basically just got the minimum from Philly. Being a small, low-volume, low-efficiency lead guard isn't a recipe for starter potential in my eyes, no matter how great of a game-manager you are.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#99 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:17 pm

I like the Hill signing but there's a real risk with his production. The playoff blinders (which admittedly I had on as well) distracted from his mediocre numbers during the RS for us: 7pts/2ast on 43%/28% shooting in ~20mpg.

That just won't cut it w/o Brogdon. We'll need the guy who was shooting almost 42% from 3 in the POs to be there all year.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
skones
RealGM

Post#100 » by skones » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:19 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
skones wrote:

Per possession lineup metrics seem to love guys who don't turn the ball over, which is probably Jones' best skill. "Fantastic" seems like a stretch, and it's usually not a good sign when you're a low-volume guy posting sub-50% TS numbers. He's still young so we'll see, but I'm not at all convinced he's better than Raul Neto who basically just got the minimum from Philly. Being a small, low-volume, low-efficiency lead guard isn't a recipe for starter potential in my eyes, no matter how great of a game-manager you are.

He's one season removed from a 57TS%. Had he been available last offseason, I think he would have gotten paid more. Like I said, he took a step back last season, but he was fantastic during the campaign prior.

Given the state of our payroll, we have to maximize our opportunities for sustained competitiveness. At 23 years old, he represented a potential take the next step guy that we need in order for that to happen.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks