Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: ATL: Buddy Hield gets 4/$86mm extension, deadline tonight at 5pm CT 

Post#621 » by Chapter29 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:56 pm

my thoughts on some of the latest news.

Hield's deal seems fair.

Brown was overpaid.

That is very worrisome news on Zion. He's had minor issues with both knees and now this? Feels a little like JP.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#622 » by Jez2983 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:22 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Switching topics, curious to hear your thoughts on Zion? Meniscus is a seemingly routine injury/fix but I can't help thinking this is only the start of major-ish long-term health obstacles.

Oh man, big athletic dude with torn meniscus this early? The tea leaves don't look great.

I'm sure he's skilled enough to mold his game into whatever he likes but I'm sure he's not mentally ready to give away the all-leaping, all-dunking game we all want to see.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#623 » by DrWood » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:27 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I think rookie extensions need to be done by 5:00pm CT.

Kings and Buddy have reached a fair deal IMO.

compared to some of the contracts, it's a great deal for the Kings. I really wish Hield went to a better team.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#624 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:34 pm

Hield>Jaylen Brown
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#625 » by DrWood » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:40 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
LuessiT wrote:Seems like Ntilikina is still viewed positively around the league:

Read on Twitter

Maybe, but picking up the option isn’t really an indication of that. Hope he’s sprung from the Knicks soon we we get a better idea of what he is.

I doubt the Knicks are picking his option up early if they're not sure they want to keep him or he's got clear positive value around the NBA. And based of what we know (shopping him for a 2nd during the off-season) I don't think it's the former unless their view changed during preseason where he was buried behind Payton and DSJ.

The Knicks picking up the option means only one of two things: 1) they think he's worth it to them; 2) they didn't want to lose face.

Any other explanation is baseless unless you have some private information that other teams would have paid him as much.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,677

Post#626 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:41 pm

With Zion I'm just curious if it was a repair or if they removed some of the menicus. The timeline suggests removal because repair has a longer recovery (but better long-term). It's absolutely concerning though considering his game and body type.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,729

Post#627 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:11 am

Jez2983 wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Switching topics, curious to hear your thoughts on Zion? Meniscus is a seemingly routine injury/fix but I can't help thinking this is only the start of major-ish long-term health obstacles.

Oh man, big athletic dude with torn meniscus this early? The tea leaves don't look great.

I'm sure he's skilled enough to mold his game into whatever he likes but I'm sure he's not mentally ready to give away the all-leaping, all-dunking game we all want to see.

I'm not sure he's skilled enough to mold his game into whatever he likes. His shooting is below average and his ability to create is based mostly on the fact he can move faster and higher than everybody else.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,689

Post#628 » by LuessiT » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:17 am

DrWood wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
Maybe, but picking up the option isn’t really an indication of that. Hope he’s sprung from the Knicks soon we we get a better idea of what he is.

I doubt the Knicks are picking his option up early if they're not sure they want to keep him or he's got clear positive value around the NBA. And based of what we know (shopping him for a 2nd during the off-season) I don't think it's the former unless their view changed during preseason where he was buried behind Payton and DSJ.

The Knicks picking up the option means only one of two things: 1) they think he's worth it to them; 2) they didn't want to lose face.

Any other explanation is baseless unless you have some private information that other teams would have paid him as much.

How is 'they think he's got value around the league and don't want to diminish that' a more baseless line of thinking than 'they didn't want to lose face'? Hint: It's not.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,689

Post#629 » by LuessiT » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:19 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Hield>Jaylen Brown

That is out of the question but let's not forget that Jaylen Brown is 4 years younger.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,970

Post#630 » by Plossum » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:43 am

Celtics gonna have a whole lot of money tied up in Brown, Kemba and Tatum in the near future. They’re set for a solid five years or so but not sure they’re even an ECF level team. They need Tatum to make a big leap.
#LockUpChuck
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#631 » by Nowak008 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:46 am

No way
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,729

Post#632 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:16 am

I detect some Pacific Islander roots in that NOLA rookie.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#633 » by Profound23 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:02 am

Sabonis signs the bargain extension compared to everyone else.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,805

Post#634 » by bucksfansince88 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:06 am

AussieBuck wrote:$29 million for Brown, jebus. Celtics praying for that Jimmy Butler leap

Makes the Middleton deal feel more palatable
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,733

Post#635 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:23 am

DrWood wrote:

compared to some of the contracts, it's a great deal for the Kings. I really wish Hield went to a better team.

Sac is going to be a good team. They’re on the upswing. Glad they were able to keep him.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,497

Post#636 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:32 am

Jez2983 wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Do you think there's a significant possibility of a Jabari injury path? Not wishing that on anyone, just wondering if his explosive style and big body puts him at risk.
#FreeChuckDiesel
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,687

Post#637 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:36 am

Nowak008 wrote:

No way

Brown struggles to dribble. He’s become such an overrated player because of the team he plays for.

Not a fan of either of these guys, but it’s obvious one is making far above market value

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Jaylen+Brown&player_id1_select=Jaylen+Brown&player_id1=brownja02&y1=2019&player_id2_hint=Taurean+Prince&player_id2_select=Taurean+Prince&y2=2019&player_id2=princta02&idx=players
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,497

Post#638 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:51 am

I took the summer off from sports, I didn't realize Jabari signed with the hawks 13/2yrs.

I hope he has a good savings plan.

He got $20MM last year, and hopefully gets 13MM over the next 2 years, and then might be in that low $1-$4MM range for another few years, if he can still attack the rim, hit the 3ball at a decent clip, and play a tiny bit of defense off the bench. He's already hit his jackpot of $20MM, there's no big contract coming up for him. Hope he realizes that. I'm still rooting for him to carve out a small niche career for a few more years that allows him to do all the good stuff he does off the court. He's always been a really decent guy with a mission working with kids.

Strange how things work out. Some of us parker fans on draft day had visions of grandeur with him and Giannis leading the way to championship basketball. We are actually on that path, but with basically zero from Parker, not even a trade for a late round pick.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#639 » by DrWood » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:57 am

LuessiT wrote:
DrWood wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

How is 'they think he's got value around the league and don't want to diminish that' a more baseless line of thinking than 'they didn't want to lose face'? Hint: It's not.

I gave you two options. your one option is baseless.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#640 » by DrWood » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:00 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
DrWood wrote:

Sac is going to be a good team. They’re on the upswing. Glad they were able to keep him.

I like some of their players. I don't like coaching/management.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks