Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Re: Bucks News, Trades, Transactions - Bledsoe Out 2-3 Weeks 

Post#301 » by Badgerlander » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:57 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
Eh the herd look like they’d struggle to beat a good college team again this season smh, zero nba caliber guys

Disagree. Think this will be the Herd’s best season by a substantial margin.

Assuming they sign Tucker it might be the most fun team they've ever had too.

Tucker has done little to impress me. He has a very quick release on his 3pt shot and seems to make some when left open, and he dunks well when there is nobody between himself and the rim. He looks impressive physically but he plays small. I’ve watched him get stuffed, stripped, or tied up with the ball before he even gets it chest level every time he drives the lane. Don’t remember anything impressive on defense. Generally he seems like a guy that got by on his athleticism in college and didn’t bother to learn the little things that most players pick up in 4 years of college ball.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#302 » by emunney » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
Eh the herd look like they’d struggle to beat a good college team again this season smh, zero nba caliber guys

Disagree. Think this will be the Herd’s best season by a substantial margin.

I suppose I would agree IF it’s going to be the Mason and Bender show but I don’t see any reason for that, better development keeping them with the Bucks. Not to keep derailing this thread but did we even hire a coach yet?

Yep, Chase Buford, R.C.'s kid.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#303 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:08 pm

Let's take the party to the Herd thread!
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#304 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:22 am

I'm hoping for a quick draft recap.

#1) We still owe the Suns a pick for Bledshow right? Next year in 2020 only a top 7 protection? Is that correct?

If so, meaning, Suns get our pick #30 in summer of 2020. 8-)

#2) Meanwhile the Pacers gave us a pick for Brogdon which is top 14 protected, which lets say they make the playoffs as a 3-6 seed we probably get that late round pick in summer of 2020?

So there's a good chance we probably have 1 late round pick in the first round next summer from the Pacers.

(second round picks don't care about at the moment).

#3) We still have debt owed to Cavaliers for taking Delly/John Henson...If the suns cash out next summer...That means we owe Cavs a pick in 2022 (top 10 protected) and it's TOO far in advance, but assuming Giannis signs the supermax, everyone remains healthy, we remain top dog in the east, Cavs get our late 1st round pick in 2022. (Obviously this is if life remains beautiful as a Bucks fan).

And this past summer we already paid our debt to the pistons for Tony Snell.

So all yucky contracts are off our books with extremely marginal players that made many fans in this forum would go :banghead:. No Jabari's, No Monroes, No Chipotle jokes, No Dirty Delly jokes, no Invisible Tony Snell threads, no more Plumlee Tears, No more Thon Maker of dangerous limbs jokes, Even laughable bench types like SuperCoolBeas and Liggins are gone.

(We can debate Khris and Eric's contract's but one's an all star the other First team all defense, so they aren't included with the above list).

So Horst has cleared the questionable talent guys and the highly paid questionable talent guys off the roster. And we still have to hand over 2 more 1st round picks to pay off the debt, which if the Bucks maintain championship runs for the next few years, should be fairly acceptable.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#305 » by DingleJerry » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Good recap, thanks. If I'm reading this correctly, with getting the Pacers pick back to replace the one we give to PHX, essentially we only owe one more pick and it will be in 2022. So we'd have late 1st picks in 2020 and 2021 to either add cheap rookie contract depth for the future or to use in trades. Really not in a bad spot at all here with all the trash cleaned out as you said.

Now, we just can't have contracts like Hill, Lopez, or even KM turn into trash as well.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#306 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:37 pm

I think Boston has our pick next year (via Phoenix).
emunney
RealGM

Post#307 » by emunney » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Is there really a debate about Bledsoe's deal at this point? Seems very team friendly to me, especially with that relatively small guarantee in the 4th year.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#308 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:35 pm

Any way to swing a trade for Bogdan Bogdanovic during the season? That may be the missing piece.
#FreeChuckDiesel
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,173

Post#309 » by raysbookclub » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:42 pm

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Bucks.htm

Acc to that, yes, in 2020's first round, assuming the Bucks and Pacers both make the playoffs, the Bucks' pick goes to the Celtics, and the Pacers' pick goes to the Bucks. Fwiw, in 2020's second round, the Bucks' pick to the Pelicans, and the Wizards' pick that once was the Bucks' is now the Pelicans'.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#310 » by DingleJerry » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Any way to swing a trade for Bogdan Bogdanovic during the season? That may be the missing piece.

I like him and would take him for sure. I doubt we'd do it since I assume they won't want to pay him when he's a FA. Plus, Kings really do have playoffs in mind this year.

Thing to note is Ersan's contract lines up quite well. Would our firsts,DJ, etc be enough. Our firsts are so low.

I see he was offered his max extension and hasn't taken it yet, so he must be eying FA next year for a bigger payday.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#311 » by buckboy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:37 pm

emunney wrote:Is there really a debate about Bledsoe's deal at this point? Seems very team friendly to me, especially with that relatively small guarantee in the 4th year.

If there is, there certainly shouldn't be.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,047

Post#312 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:37 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Any way to swing a trade for Bogdan Bogdanovic during the season? That may be the missing piece.

I love him, but in the end he's a sharpshooter, and his trade and contract price will be crazy high.

We've got a number of players who can hit open 3's right now. Still think that ISO scorer/creator guy might be more important to target.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#313 » by Beorn » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Bogdan is so much more than a sharpshooter, though. He would have been our best playmaker too
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#314 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:43 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

I love him, but in the end he's a sharpshooter, and his trade and contract price will be crazy high.

We've got a number of players who can hit open 3's right now. Still think that ISO scorer/creator guy might be more important to target.

I figured the Kings have a lot of young players to pay and somebody has to be the odd man out. I admit I don’t know how we would pay him after this year.

I think you’re underselling Bogdan as a creator though. He can definitely create for an offense, very good passer.

I was thinking Ersan + Sterling + 1 of our firsts (add another if it gets it done and we can pay him next summer).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#315 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:10 pm

For a guy like Bogdon, playing in Bud’s system could unlock another level of efficiency. I’d love him but I have no idea what kind of value you’d have to send in a trade. I imagine it would take a lot to get Vlade to part with him.
Do it for Chuck
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#316 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Bogdon, Swanigan for DDV, Brown, Ersan, Indy 1st? Again, I have no clue how highly Sacramento values him. Seems like a light return but Ersan/Brown helps them now, while getting back a cheap developmental shooting guard and a decent pick.
Do it for Chuck
emunney
RealGM

Post#317 » by emunney » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:07 pm

It'd take a lot for me to make any trade at this point. Like, a perennial all-star type becomes available, somebody offers a big overpay for a fringe guy. I don't want to mess with what we've got unless we have a really good and obvious reason for it.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#318 » by LuessiT » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:35 pm

emunney wrote:It'd take a lot for me to make any trade at this point. Like, a perennial all-star type becomes available, somebody offers a big overpay for a fringe guy. I don't want to mess with what we've got unless we have a really good and obvious reason for it.

I see that a bit differently. Imo we should trade Brown if he's got any value around the league (or Pat if one is very sold on Brown). There just aren't that many wing minutes to go around and he's behind in the pecking order both in terms of skill level and potential. Ersan is much needed but also our best trade chip for salary matching purposes. And since he's most likely gone after the year I wouldn't mind parting with him in the right deal. Also while Donte and DJ have shown promise they both haven't set the world on fire. I'd be willing to part with either for the right value.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#319 » by Shaffty » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:52 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

would you give up bledsoe for bogdan
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#320 » by crkone » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |