Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,640

Re: Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread 

Post#1321 » by machu46 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:46 am

RiotPunch wrote:
machu46 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Still can’t believe I’m seeing mocks with Cassius Stanley as a late first/early 2nd round pick. What did I miss with him. Stood out as a difference maker each time I saw him play. In a draft that’s pretty weak, I’d be comfortable with him anywhere from 10 on.

I'm with you. Outside of maybe Tyrell Terry, Winston is the guy I want at 24 the most. I'm not doing a full-fledged big board this year, but I'm pretty confident he'd be in my top 15.

The detractors just don't believe his body type will work in the NBA.

I feel like you both like a Cassius but not the same Cassius.

If I had to pick, I would pick Winston. He is really smart and can really shoot it. Stanley is probably the best athlete in the class but really doesn't have many layers to his game. Polar opposite Cassius'.

Damnit I did it again lol. I have gotten them mixed up so many times this year. There can only be one Cassius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#1322 » by Fotis St » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:23 am

I really really really liked what I just saw from this kid ...

SG Isaiah Joe (projected #46)

Except his shooting, I like all details and his calm voice explaining the details and him calling his makes even when the ball is on air.

Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#1323 » by RiotPunch » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:29 am

Fotis St wrote:I really really really liked what I just saw from this kid ...

SG Isaiah Joe (projected #46)

We don't agree often, but I agree with you on Joe. He's a project, but he is a versatile shot maker with an aggressive attitude on the other end. He's just gotta add the strength/weight.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1324 » by LuessiT » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:01 am

RiotPunch wrote:We don't agree often, but I agree with you on Joe. He's a project, but he is a versatile shot maker with an aggressive attitude on the other end. He's just gotta add the strength/weight.

He's tough for me. From a skill point of view he's a clear FRP imo. He's also someone I don't see living up to his first contract under normal circumstances and I'm trying to stay away from these types.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#1325 » by Fotis St » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:14 am

Yes, sir.
It is obvious this kid is charesmatic
He is not perfect, he needs to add some muscle to be able to finish at the rim through contact and his handles a bit.
But he has IT. He sounds smart and I like this father-son relationship. I like his height 6'5 too.

This year I believe I am trading down again for multiple picks... the skill level at or pick area #20s to #40-45 is about the same... We should trade down.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#1326 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:To be fair, someone could slap together a pretty riveting
Jemerrio Jones highlight package from the 19-20 Herd season. Like Hinton, Jones is a phenomenal rebounder/motor at 6-5. Hinton seems like he has the potential to be way more of an offensive threat.

Whats the scoop on Arturs Kurucs. Also his views on hitting women.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#1327 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1328 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Jemerrio Jones highlight package from the 19-20 Herd season. Like Hinton, Jones is a phenomenal rebounder/motor at 6-5. Hinton seems like he has the potential to be way more of an offensive threat.

Unfortunately I’ve been uninformed on the Baltic guys since my ex girlfriend changed her Latvian League Pass password. :noway:
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#1329 » by BucksFanSD » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:50 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well I guess I heard this a couple months before Wasserman. I think Terry goes in the teens unfortunately.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,640

Post#1330 » by machu46 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:08 pm

BucksFanSD wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well I guess I heard this a couple months before Wasserman. I think Terry goes in the teens unfortunately.

Yep. Think I’m back to Cassius Winston as my preferred realistic choice at 24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,648

Post#1331 » by emunney » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:11 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Unfortunately I’ve been uninformed on the Baltic guys since my ex girlfriend changed her Latvian League Pass password. :noway:

He's with my squad Baskonia now. The little I've seen of him reminds me of Dragic. Shifty, pretty good handle, *great* looking shot, decent athlete.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,648

Post#1332 » by emunney » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Tickets still available for the Woodard train.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1333 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:26 pm

The more I see and read about this kid the more I’m loving him as a sleeper. Top juco player in the country. 6’6 shooting guard with a 6’9 wingspan and reported 40” vertical. Shot a scorching percentage from 3 on decent volume. If they keep the pick he’s a wild card I could get very excited about.

https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/div1/players/jaydenscrubbqb2c?view=gamelog&pos=sh

Do it for Chuck
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#1334 » by RiotPunch » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:38 pm

I can see how it's easy to fall for Scrubb, but no way would I draft a guy straight out of JUCO. I'd take a camp flyer on him and try to get him on a 2-way though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1335 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:51 pm

RiotPunch wrote:I can see how it's easy to fall for Scrubb, but no way would I draft a guy straight out of JUCO. I'd take a camp flyer on him and try to get him on a 2-way though.

Typically I’d agree. In this draft with a late 1st Id take that risk.
Do it for Chuck
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,461

Post#1336 » by Matches Malone » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:08 pm

machu46 wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep. Think I’m back to Cassius Winston as my preferred realistic choice at 24

The Terry dream is dead :(

I like Cassius Winston as well. Would really love Josh Green, Tyrese Maxey or Kira Lewis but I think most of those guys go before 24.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#1337 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:13 am

emunney wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Whats the scoop on Arturs Kurucs. Also his views on hitting women.

He's with my squad Baskonia now. The little I've seen of him reminds me of Dragic. Shifty, pretty good handle, *great* looking shot, decent athlete.

Yeah watching his jumper is what got me interested. Nice little step back to go with it. Didn't dive too deep into it but looking up his stats I saw he got skunked by the U-19 Team USA team, how does what athleticism he has translate at an NBA level? Does the craftiness make up for it? Can he play point? Can he defend either guard position?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#1338 » by BucksFanSD » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:31 am

machu46 wrote:Think I’m back to Cassius Winston as my preferred realistic choice at 24

I could definitely get behind picking Winston. The good thing about this draft is that it is PG deep with guys like Winston, Dotson etc. who will probably get drafted lower than they should due to the PG talent in this draft.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#1339 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:49 am

jakecronus8 wrote:The more I see and read about this kid the more I’m loving him as a sleeper. Top juco player in the country. 6’6 shooting guard with a 6’9 wingspan and reported 40” vertical. Shot a scorching percentage from 3 on decent volume. If they keep the pick he’s a wild card I could get very excited about.

https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/div1/players/jaydenscrubbqb2c?view=gamelog&pos=sh

I dunno. I don't want no Scrubb. Scrubb is a guy that can't get no love from me.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1340 » by raferfenix » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks