Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,107

Re: Indiana Pacers Draft Pick Watch Thread 

Post#141 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:08 pm

The guys that have excited me so far like Halliburton are gonna be long gone. I'd be really happy with AP, even if he's physically a couple years away. That jump shot is beautiful and I loved how he ran the break.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,810

Post#142 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:40 pm

Tre Jones is gonna be the PG from Duke that everyone wanted Tyus Jones to be. Just feels like he's gonna be a very solid NBA player for a long time. Would love it if he fell to the 20s and we snatched him up, given the current age state (30 and 34) of our lead guards.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,388

Post#143 » by M-C-G » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:04 am

Not sure if he will be available but that Aaron Nesmith guy looks like he would be an excellent fit on this team
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,164

Post#144 » by RiotPunch » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:07 am

M-C-G wrote:Not sure if he will be available but that Aaron Nesmith guy looks like he would be an excellent fit on this team

He's done for the season, so no idea if he'll declare but if he does he should be available.

He's from Khris' high school, I believe, and Khris has been a mentor of his. Great shooting stroke though on ridiculous volume.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#145 » by LuessiT » Wed Feb 5, 2020 12:00 am

Potential top 5 pick:

tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#146 » by tedbrogen » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:57 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Tre Jones is gonna be the PG from Duke that everyone wanted Tyus Jones to be. Just feels like he's gonna be a very solid NBA player for a long time. Would love it if he fell to the 20s and we snatched him up, given the current age state (30 and 34) of our lead guards.

He might struggle to finish at the rim and get taken into the post a bit at the next level, but should end up as at least a good backup PG. That is his floor if he recent shooting improvement is for real. He is such a good ballhander and crazy on ball defender on the perimeter.

I think Moore, Stanley, and Carey all end up as really good role players too. None of these guys are near that Zion or Tatum level, but they probably all end up with long productive NBA careers and maybe one of them turns into a fringe all-star (probably Stanley if he develops a consistent three point shot). Take anyone in the mid to late first and you get a rotational player in all likelihood.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#147 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:56 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Tre Jones is gonna be the PG from Duke that everyone wanted Tyus Jones to be. Just feels like he's gonna be a very solid NBA player for a long time. Would love it if he fell to the 20s and we snatched him up, given the current age state (30 and 34) of our lead guards.

He might struggle to finish at the rim and get taken into the post a bit at the next level, but should end up as at least a good backup PG. That is his floor if he recent shooting improvement is for real. He is such a good ballhander and crazy on ball defender on the perimeter.

I think Moore, Stanley, and Carey all end up as really good role players too. None of these guys are near that Zion or Tatum level, but they probably all end up with long productive NBA careers and maybe one of them turns into a fringe all-star (probably Stanley if he develops a consistent three point shot). Take anyone in the mid to late first and you get a rotational player in all likelihood.

I think Tre is basically the same level prospect that Tyus was - just better at creating havoc on defense. But that's not a knock on him - Tyus is a good solid NBA player. Agree that there's no great prospect on Duke and they have some solid prospects - though I don't expect Stanley will be more than a backup.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,365

Post#148 » by BucksFanSD » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:58 am

Pacers have lost 5 in a row. Pick is currently #18. Likely the best case if it stays there.

Aaron Nesmith looks intriguing.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#149 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:06 am

Kinda intrigued by the dude at Auburn
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,684

Post#150 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:15 am

Everybody rips on this draft but we can get a decent player at 18.
#FreeChuckDiesel
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,825

Post#151 » by emunney » Sun Feb 9, 2020 5:07 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Kinda intrigued by the dude at Auburn

Okoro? He's going to be a nice player.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#152 » by RiotPunch » Sun Feb 9, 2020 5:55 am

What's your take on the French guards? Both seem like pretty promising creators/facilitators, Killian especially.

Okoro was a guy I was hoping would be available to us, but in this class he's probably gonna go top ten.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#153 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Feb 9, 2020 5:57 am

RiotPunch wrote:

What's your take on the French guards? Both seem like pretty promising creators/facilitators, Killian especially.

Okoro was a guy I was hoping would be available to us, but in this class he's probably gonna go top ten.

Haven’t seen any of the Frenchmen. Will keep an eye out. I’m on the hunt for athletes with this pick.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#154 » by RiotPunch » Sun Feb 9, 2020 6:00 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Haven’t seen any of the Frenchmen. Will keep an eye out. I’m on the hunt for athletes with this pick.

This bad MFer named Precious.

Could see him as a great Bud fit as a big time athletic rim protector, has shown some ability to step out to 3 on offense too.
#FreeChuckDiesel
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,414

Post#155 » by randy84 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 6:09 am

RiotPunch wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:What's your take on the French guards? Both seem like pretty promising creators/facilitators, Killian especially.

This bad MFer named Precious.

Could see him as a great Bud fit as a big time athletic rim protector, has shown some ability to step out to 3 on offense too.

RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#156 » by RiotPunch » Sun Feb 9, 2020 6:30 am

Also, Tyler Bey is bae.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#157 » by Beorn » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:31 am

Killian is Good. Avdija has turned a corner lately too.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#158 » by LuessiT » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:01 pm

RiotPunch wrote:What's your take on the French guards? Both seem like pretty promising creators/facilitators, Killian especially.

Theo suffered from a shoulder injury but has been on an upwards trend recently. He's got good size, handles, athleticism and shooting touch but he doesn't really excell at anything. Right now I'm not sure he's got a single legit NBA skill but potentially he could reach a few.

Haven't seen much of Hayes but apparently he's leapfrogged Maledon and is considered the better prospect now.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#159 » by LuessiT » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:05 pm

Beorn wrote:Killian is Good. Avdija has turned a corner lately too.

Avdija hasn't seen much playing time but the comparisons to Bender's lack of production are blown out of proportion. Bender couldn't see the floor on one of the worst Maccabi squads in recent years while Avdija has been a bench contributer on one of the best.
Je K
Rookie
And1: 1,647

Post#160 » by Je K » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:26 pm

Have there been better Avdija highlights that have come out recently? I've been following him for a little while and I haven't been a bit underwhelmed from everything I've seen so far.
"We’re not dysfunctional."
-Alex Lasry

Return to Milwaukee Bucks