buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Re: Former All Star Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#1161 » by buckboy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:10 pm

emunney wrote:
buckboy wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
I forged the Middleton contract boat anchor. Always said years 1-2 would be great, and Bucks would need to win a title in that time period. Years 3-5 not so much.

If they don't win a title this year, I do think they should explore moving him then. We'll see what happens.

I have no problem with exploring the market on anyone.

Having said that, I don't think it's fair to assume that he'll be a boat anchor when there's been absolutely no hint of that being true and plenty of evidence to the contrary.

The evidence to the contrary would be like just what typically happens to athleticism in your mid-30s.

Except he'll be 32 when his contract expires. I'm just not that concerned about his contract being a boat anchor. He's been better since he signed it.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,434

Post#1162 » by emunney » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:29 pm

WRau1 wrote:
emunney wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Having said that, I don't think it's fair to assume that he'll be a boat anchor when there's been absolutely no hint of that being true and plenty of evidence to the contrary.

The evidence to the contrary would be like just what typically happens to athleticism in your mid-30s.

I'm guessing there can be a case made to what happened to athleticism in your mid-30s yrs ago. More and more of today's athletes are playing into and past their mid-30s in every pro sport without loosing all that much. That said, Midds was never athletic in NBA terms so who knows how that will affect him.

I think the perception of this well outweighs the reality. Guys like Brady and LeBron are not the norm; there are 24 players age 34 and older to have recorded a stat in the NBA this year. Iguodala is the oldest at 37. The vast majority of them are a shadow of the player they were 3 years ago.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#1163 » by emunney » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:32 pm

buckboy wrote:
emunney wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Except he'll be 32 when his contract expires. I'm just not that concerned about his contract being a boat anchor. He's been better since he signed it.

I guess, if you think he's opting out of 40 million dollars just before he turns 33.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#1164 » by buckboy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:43 pm

emunney wrote:
buckboy wrote:
emunney wrote:

I guess, if you think he's opting out of 40 million dollars just before he turns 33.

Is bbref wrong on this? Because they have him a year younger than you do. His contract is over in 3 years right? Not being a dick, seriously asking.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/middlkh01.html
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,953

Post#1165 » by Siefer » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:00 pm

I think you're off by a year, emunney. Khris is currently 29, and will be 32 during the player option year of the deal. Not that that should erase age concerns. I'm not in a hurry to move Midds, but I won't be shocked if that last year at $40 mil feels pretty bad.
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 500

Post#1166 » by Isocleas2 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:05 pm

If Middleton doesn't regress the next two years wouldn't he consider opting out in order to lockdown another longterm deal while he's still at the top of his game?

40mil is great but if he gets injured his final year he'll be the next Cousins. Smarter to opt out and sign for another 4/140.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1167 » by emunney » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:32 pm

buckboy wrote:
emunney wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Is bbref wrong on this? Because they have him a year younger than you do. His contract is over in 3 years right. Not being a dick, seriously asking.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/middlkh01.html

They're not wrong, my brain is just broken. He turns 32 just after he has to exercise his option, not 33.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#1168 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:34 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:If Middleton doesn't regress the next two years wouldn't he consider opting out in order to lockdown another longterm deal while he's still at the top of his game?

40mil is great but if he gets injured his final year he'll be the next Cousins. Smarter to opt out and sign for another 4/140.

Khris is clearly a strong candidate to pull a Hayward/Horford and opt out of a huge salary because at least one team is willing to pay him a ghastly amount at age 31. That amount will probably be a lot more than $140m in several years. That's the argument for trading him. But that's not urgent, and I no longer have any concerns about his current deal. The fact that he was in his best shape in years AFTER signing for $178m put any of those concerns to rest, especially since he should age well.

Jrue's age is the real concern. He relies a lot more on quickness than Khris does and can't count on his jumper to keep his production up as his athleticism declines. His size will help though.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1169 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:35 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:If Middleton doesn't regress the next two years wouldn't he consider opting out in order to lockdown another longterm deal while he's still at the top of his game?

Thought about this as well. Maybe theres some team willing to offer him Hayward money, but Mids will be a couple years older by that time.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1170 » by emunney » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:59 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:

Khris is clearly a strong candidate to pull a Hayward/Horford and opt out of a huge salary because at least one team is willing to pay him a ghastly amount at age 31. That amount will probably be a lot more than $140m in several years. That's the argument for trading him. But that's not urgent, and I no longer have any concerns about his current deal. The fact that he was in his best shape in years AFTER signing for $178m put any of those concerns to rest, especially since he should age well.

Jrue's age is the real concern. He relies a lot more on quickness than Khris does and can't count on his jumper to keep his production up as his athleticism declines. His size will help though.

Billups started to tail at 33, probably a decent signpost for Jrue, personal biology notwithstanding.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#1171 » by DavidDunn21 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:28 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
You are a little sad man

Actually I'm not. I use facts unlike the idiotic platitudes your buddy uses.

I think you know the difference. I'm not sure you do, but I think you do.
No you criticize and add nothing to the conversation. You and ten other people have been loud wrong so long that doubling down and attacking me became a strategy.

Fact. Khris Middleton can't dribble.
Fact. Khris Middleton can't jump.

Hypothesis proven beyond a reasonable doubt: He also lacks confidence, drive and focus.

His #1 go to move is falling down on 3 pointers.
His #2 go to move is pump faking from the midrange and jumping into the defender

Without the threat of getting these calls, many wings would simply block his shot. He only gets those calls some of the time in the regular season, they will rarely be whistles in the playoffs.

What I've described is WHY. Not what happens, why it takes place. It's why he's looking to pass more, why he's indecisive from deep, why he sometimes dribbles through his legs five times thinking of something to do.

A real coach would limit his playmaking to over the top passes that he can see the whole time (where he is above average) Asking Khris Middleton to drive left and then pass is MADNESS. It combines the two things he's worst at, dribbling and dynamic athleticism.

He has to be put into position to take 7-12 three pointers every game. It's his best quality and the thing we need most from him. It also puts Jrue in the role best suited for his talents.

This is WHY he's overrated. This is WHY his game doesn't scale up with more usage. This is WHY he can't get his shot attempts up. It's not as simple as he shot 7-12 good game, 4-12 bad game. This is the limits of that kind of player.

I await your intelligent comeback

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

Fundamentally streaky.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Re: All Star Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#1172 » by DavidDunn21 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:42 am

skones wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:He's the exact same player with better numbers (for now)

You don't want to pair a potential top 15 player of all time with a single borderline All Star "just to see if he can do it". Ask Dirk.

Lolz at the people waiting to have Khris prove himself to the haters and then in the same sentence referencing FVV and Lowry. Okay. I guess we're just gonna pray for a hot streak

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

"He's the same, but better"

"Multiple all star Lowry is streaky"

What are you even saying anymore. .

He's a joke at this point.

Let me beat this drum when Khris "will definitely age poorly" Middleton is having the best season of his career while we're 34-6.

DavidDunn21 why are you this way?

Memories.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#1173 » by Jez2983 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:48 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:
skones wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
"He's the same, but better"

"Multiple all star Lowry is streaky"

What are you even saying anymore. .

He's a joke at this point.

Let me beat this drum when Khris "will definitely age poorly" Middleton is having the best season of his career while we're 34-6.

DavidDunn21 why are you this way?

Memories.

:lol:

I don't even remember writing this. But he's better this year even, assuming that quote was from last year. Pretty **** tonight, which I guess is why you've decided to necro the hell out some quote I made.

Well done.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,500

Post#1174 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:35 pm

Middleton is playing through injury. He'll be fine.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,854

Post#1175 » by Fotis St » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:59 pm

If he is the best shooter we have ... why is he averaging 5.1 3P attempts and makes 2.2. on 33+ minutes averaging 15.4 FG Attempts ?

He would be more productive if he reversed his shot selection to 10 3p attempts and 5 2p attempts. I don't get it all these years. I think it is him more than his coaches.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man

Post#1176 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:56 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I look forward to this thread going dormant for the week + stretches where Khris is good to awesome only to be resurrected by one of two people I have blocked here when he has the occasional bad game.

The occasional bad game.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 943

Post#1177 » by Lippo » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:12 am

Chemo
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,023

Post#1178 » by FrieAaron » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:29 am

Fotis St wrote:If he is the best shooter we have ... why is he averaging 5.1 3P attempts and makes 2.2. on 33+ minutes averaging 15.4 FG Attempts ?

He would be more productive if he reversed his shot selection to 10 3p attempts and 5 2p attempts. I don't get it all these years. I think it is him more than his coaches.

It's entirely him. Bud had him trying to take more threes but they had to get him back to working in the midrange more because he wasn't comfortable or some nonsense.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#1179 » by Jez2983 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:53 am

I assume all the recent posts are about Midds recent investment in the Brisbane Bullets NBL team? Yeah I'm excited too.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,854

Post#1180 » by Fotis St » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:43 am

He is not the most underrated player , in my opinion he is the luckiest NBA Player to ever play the game of basketball. Playing next to Giannis in a Front Office-Owners with the small market syndrome, gave him playing time, the space to shoot the ball, the usage he wanted to showcase stats and get tons of money. He sold himself as a superstar and Bucks bought it.
We need at least one ring to not rage... We will forgive everything if we win the Big Trophy. I can't see it , the road is foggy, but maybe we get lucky
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks