ImageImage

Khris Middleton Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Re: All Star Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#582 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:24 pm

I think playing over the summer helped his conditioning to start the year. We didn't see much of the usual slouching from him.

I also think he saw how good his teammates are when he sat out and adjusting his game accordingly.

This is the best we've seen him, by far, since before the hamstring injury. In the spring of 2016, I thought we had another Reggie Miller on our hands. I wouldn't even call him a poor man's Miller, although obviously he was never going to be quite that good. Now with his iso game, he looks a little more like Paul Pierce, but the important thing is that he's a lot better than he was the last 3 years.

I wouldn't discount how much the rest of the team is helping him look better though. That's the thing with great glue guys; they're not the ones getting the stats, but they make it so much easier for the stars of the team. Guys like Brogdon and Mirotic were just more guys to share fga's and touches with. And let's not forget that Hill only played about 50 game for the Bucks last year.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,142

Post#583 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Cooleyo47 wrote:I was wrong. Very, very wrong. I got down on Kha$h after the ECFs and thought the Bucks might want to choose Brogdon over him.

This efficiency on this usage is exceptional. This Middleton is a legitimate multiyear All-Star.

Middleton is now playing like Klay. It is sort of baffling that he's got this extra gear in him but we have not seen it consistently in prior years.

The contract immediately becomes worth it and non-debatable if the Bucks win a title this year (or next). Or Giannis signs the five-year super-max come July. However, until that point, the contract debate likely will still be legitimately in the background for a couple years.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#584 » by crkone » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:43 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Cooleyo47 wrote:I was wrong. Very, very wrong. I got down on Kha$h after the ECFs and thought the Bucks might want to choose Brogdon over him.

This efficiency on this usage is exceptional. This Middleton is a legitimate multiyear All-Star.

Middleton is now playing like Klay. It is sort of baffling that he's got this extra gear in him but we have not seen it consistently in prior years.

The contract immediately becomes worth it and non-debatable if the Bucks win a title this year (or next). Or Giannis signs the five-year super-max come July. However, until that point, the contract debate likely will still be legitimately in the background for a couple years.

Khris has been playing better than Klay. Much better rebounder and creator.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,918

Post#585 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:42 pm

crkone wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Khris has been playing really well, but let's not get crazy. The meager lead Khris has in rebounds and assists does not offset Klay being in another stratosphere defensively.
crkone
RealGM

Post#586 » by crkone » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:50 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
crkone wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Khris has been playing really well, but let's not get crazy. The meager lead Khris has in rebounds and assists does not offset Klay being in another stratosphere defensively.

Khris has over 3 more rebounds per 36 than Klay's best year and almost double the assists. Better WS/48, better OBPM, better DBPM, better BPM.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,712

Post#587 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Klay will go down as one of the best spot-up shooters ever, but people love to overrate his overall skillset and his actual impact. It's never been a ridiculous comparison and Middleton even has some key advantages over him (ISO scoring, rebounding, play-making). I'd take this version of Middleton over any version of Klay assuming we get this level over a full season (TBD).
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#588 » by LuessiT » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:13 pm

I hope Khris keeps demanding more and more shots as long as they are within his skillset. He's so efficient and turns down good looks within the offense that I hope he'll take. He's not a complementary piece to Giannis anymore but a second primary option. Bud should find even more ways to stagger Giannis and Middleton (and make Donte and Giannis share the floor as much as possible). Figuring this out may give us another boost.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#589 » by leroyjw10 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:16 pm

crkone wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Better (or equal) in some areas, but Klay is still a significantly better defensive player. I've seen Klay lock down guys like Kyrie and Westbrook. There's no way Middleton, who's just the 5th-best defensive player among Bucks starters, keeps either in front of him.
crkone
RealGM

Post#590 » by crkone » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:20 pm

LuessiT wrote:I hope Khris keeps demanding more and more shots as long as they are within his skillset. He's so efficient and turns down good looks within the offense that I hope he'll take. He's not a complementary piece to Giannis anymore but a second primary option. Bud should find even more ways to stagger Giannis and Middleton (and make Donte and Giannis share the floor as much as possible). Figuring this out may give us another boost.

Don't break what's working. If everyone gets theirs, everyone stays happy and plays defense/gets rebounds. A huge component of this team is Khris not demanding shots and turning it on when necessary (if the coach tells him to).

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,166

Post#591 » by JEIS » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:52 pm

Who shows up for Denver of friday? Mamba Midds? or Drunk Khris?

Homeboy is trying to make that allstar game again, so I go with Mamba with a slight buzz.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,692

Post#592 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:06 pm

paulpressey25 wrote: Middleton is now playing like Klay. It is sort of baffling that he's got this extra gear in him but we have not seen it consistently in prior years.

One thing I love about Klay that I wish Midds can get to is he's never afraid of the moment. He'll have really bad shooting nights but the dude had no fear. His best games have come when the Warriors really needed it. If Midds can get to that mentality it's a wrap.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,083

Post#593 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:09 pm

I don't really see a ton of similarities between Klay and Khris. Joe Johnson, yes.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,058

Post#594 » by Siefer » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I don't really see a ton of similarities between Klay and Khris. Joe Johnson, yes.

Yeah, it's a reasonable comparison, at least aesthetically. I think Khris has been a better overall player for a couple of years now, and he's currently blowing JJ's best season out of the water.

Je K
Rookie
And1: 1,647

Post#595 » by Je K » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:03 am

Won't have to rename the thread for another year! Well deserved
"We’re not dysfunctional."
-Alex Lasry
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#596 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:10 am

Reminder that last year at this time Khris was named an All-Star while averaging 17.3/5.7/4.2 at 44/38/85 and sucking in most of the big games while getting benched for lack of effort.

This year he's an actual solid All-Star. For now.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#597 » by BradMKE » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:10 am

Hope that All Star level of play doesn’t end when the playoffs start once again.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#598 » by Shaffty » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:14 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:Reminder that last year at this time Khris was named an All-Star while averaging 17.3/5.7/4.2 at 44/38/85 and sucking in most of the big games while getting benched for lack of effort.

This year he's an actual solid All-Star. For now.

Hilarious how terrible youve gotten
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#599 » by engelmartin » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:15 am

crkone wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Plus, we will see how good Klay is when he's playing without Durant and Curry has lost a step. Klay is fine, but he's a bit overhyped from being on that historically overhyped GSW team.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,744

Post#600 » by DanoMac » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:31 am

Congrats to Khris, well deserved

Return to Milwaukee Bucks