Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Re: All Star Khris Middleton Thread 

Post#701 » by truly » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:30 am

Jez2983 wrote:
truly wrote:
El Pooch Grande wrote:Midds is averaging 25.9 pts, 8.1 reb, 5.6 ast, 3.5 3pt made, 53% FG, 95% FT over the last month. Dude has been an absolute beast. Worth every penny this year. Glad the haters have left this forum for the most part.

The "haters" are still here.We just changed our opinion based on his actual play.Like any rational person would do :wink:

Doesn't need to be said but at this point it's really only directed at one dude :lol:

Yeah,he is going down with the ship like a true captain should but you all love to hate him :D
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#702 » by humanrefutation » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:31 am

The Khris we saw today - and hell, have seen over the last several weeks - is effectively the best case scenario after he signed that extension. His shooting numbers are off the charts, but I just love how fearless he's being in taking his shots. None of this stand-in-the-corner bull that we saw last year in crunch time. Nah, this is straight up, "give me the **** ball and I'll drop this bucket in your face," **** that I didn't know that he had in him for such a long stretch of games.

He plays like this in the playoffs, and we're winning a chip. Period.
Kfarm2711
Junior
And1: 158

Post#703 » by Kfarm2711 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:33 am

Khris has been awesome this year. I noticed he came into this season in much better shape compared to years past.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,734

Post#704 » by emunney » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:36 am

I disagree with DD about Middleton but also: he's an asset to this board. Just felt with the pile on that somebody should acknowledge that plain fact.

I would go so far as to say that he's a fringe all-star poster, but I want to see him prove his posting mettle in the playoffs before I'd call him a true all-star.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#705 » by blazza18 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:01 am

Him being aggressive when needed is probably a bigger deal than the shooting numbers. He's trying hard to prove this wrong but he can't always shoot a high percentage but he can still look for his shot. Key difference between what he's been in the past.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#706 » by Shaffty » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:27 am

emunney wrote:I disagree with DD about Middleton but also: he's an asset to this board. Just felt with the pile on that somebody should acknowledge that plain fact.

I would go so far as to say that he's a fringe all-star poster, but I want to see him prove his posting mettle in the playoffs before I'd call him a true all-star.

hes good but he doesnt really deserve the and-1s he gets and doesnt really post when it matters
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#707 » by Jez2983 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:05 am

emunney wrote:I disagree with DD about Middleton but also: he's an asset to this board. Just felt with the pile on that somebody should acknowledge that plain fact.

Definitely treading the Cinematographer tightrope.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#708 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:51 am

Could Midds break Giannis's POM streak?
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#709 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:52 pm

emunney wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:Wonder where Khris' career would be had Hambone never swindled Dumars in the Jennings trade.

I wonder where it'd be if he hadn't torn his hamstring off the bone.

He'd have won a dunk contest for sure.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#710 » by Shaffty » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,777

Post#711 » by Ayt » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:39 pm

For the first time, I saw someone on the general board say a weakness of the Bucks is that they are a two-man team with a big dropoff after Giannis and Midds. The narrative up to this point has always been that the Bucks have a weakness because they a one-man team with high-level role players.

The idea that they are like the old Cavs team where Mo Williams was an All-Star has almost completely disappeared.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,734

Post#712 » by emunney » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:44 pm

Which is also an insane take.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#713 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:20 pm

I can't believe we technically have the best shooter in the NBA. Like no BS, he is up there with the best of them.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#714 » by soxperry » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:26 pm

One great thing about Middleton deciding he's an alpha is that it potentially reduces ill adivised, late game jumpers by Bledsoe. Bledsoe wide open from 3? Sure, take it. Bledsoe dribbling the air out of the ball and then taking an off balance mid 2 that the defense is praying for: give that shot to Khris. I still like Bledsoe probing for an easy layup late in the game but if he's smart and kicking it back out when nothing is there we can always fall back on Khris using a pick for a good elbow look.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,285

Post#715 » by HKPackFan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:24 am

soxperry wrote:One great thing about Middleton deciding he's an alpha is that it potentially reduces ill adivised, late game jumpers by Bledsoe. Bledsoe wide open from 3? Sure, take it. Bledsoe dribbling the air out of the ball and then taking an off balance mid 2 that the defense is praying for: give that shot to Khris. I still like Bledsoe probing for an easy layup late in the game but if he's smart and kicking it back out when nothing is there we can always fall back on Khris using a pick for a good elbow look.

Yes in the OT win...Kris misses a couple to start OT. But I Remember clearly DDV dribbles to half court and Kris INSISTS on giving him the ball....No shrinking there, he missed a like 2-3 in a row, but insisted on DDV giving him the ball and after Kris hit a couple big shots in OT.

I don't remember if he scored after insisting for the ball from DDV in that instance, all I know, is for me, it was a shift. It was a clear shift in his game personality. Kris was the man, and demanded the ball, and lead he lead the team a late game W.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#716 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:49 pm

humanrefutation wrote:The Khris we saw today - and hell, have seen over the last several weeks - is effectively the best case scenario after he signed that extension. His shooting numbers are off the charts, but I just love how fearless he's being in taking his shots. None of this stand-in-the-corner bull that we saw last year in crunch time. Nah, this is straight up, "give me the **** ball and I'll drop this bucket in your face," **** that I didn't know that he had in him for such a long stretch of games.

He plays like this in the playoffs, and we're winning a chip. Period.

Whatever's caused the difference this season - keep it up. His offensive numbers this season are - by far - the best of his career.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Post#717 » by wallus » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:58 pm

I think we need to consider the context of his posts before giving him any credit.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#718 » by buckboy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:21 pm

Did some work at Khris' house today. I gave him some shooting pointers. He should be locked in now.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#719 » by crkone » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:37 pm

wallus wrote:

I think we need to consider the context of his posts before giving him any credit.
I mean a lot of his posting IS done when he's at home. Let's see him do it on the road. In an uber.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#720 » by DrWood » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:09 pm

do you get a trophy for being a "fringe all-star poster?"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks