ImageImage

Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Interview Room Named After Paschke

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,162

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and sports media) 

Post#381 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Dec 5, 2021 12:36 am

skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

This story would be so much cooler if she was good :(

Lol, folks around here trashed Jim for years. The guy retires and then he became the GOAT. Byington has been fine.

I didn't say anything about Jim.
BigO
Bench Warmer
And1: 980

Post#382 » by BigO » Sun Dec 5, 2021 12:43 am

skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

This story would be so much cooler if she was good :(

Lol, folks around here trashed Jim for years. The guy retires and then he became the GOAT. Byington has been fine.

BYington has a great voice. My problem with her is that it doesn't appear she does her homework. She doesn't seem like an NBA person with knowledge of the league. Hopefully after a while she will learn.
skones
RealGM
And1: 12,998

Post#383 » by skones » Sun Dec 5, 2021 12:53 am

ReasonablySober wrote:

Didn't say you did. More speaking to the point of trashing the broadcast team is the norm unless your name is Marques Johnson.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,162

Post#384 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Dec 5, 2021 1:03 am

skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Didn't say you did. More speaking to the point of trashing the broadcast team is the norm unless your name is Marques Johnson.

I think Lisa could be good, but she makes so many regular factual errors and they stick out like a sore thumb. It's 101 type stuff (in my opinion). Like I said before, I don't think the Bucks are the place where minor leaguers go to learn on the job, and the two newbies this season have been rough. But who knows, maybe they'll end up great. I dunno.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 9,018

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Interview Room Named After Paschke 

Post#385 » by RiotPunch » Sun Dec 5, 2021 7:44 am

I don't think anybody trashed Jim for his playcalling prowess. He was always so good at that. His chemistry with both Jon and Marques was outstanding.

Now, the DukeH stuff and Kohl company man narrative peddling were trashed to high hell.

I think Lisa is *fine*, she just **** up names and stats on the reg thus far.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 7,503

Post#386 » by HKPackFan » Mon Dec 6, 2021 3:55 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I think Lisa could be good, but she makes so many regular factual errors and they stick out like a sore thumb. It's 101 type stuff (in my opinion). Like I said before, I don't think the Bucks are the place where minor leaguers go to learn on the job, and the two newbies this season have been rough. But who knows, maybe they'll end up great. I dunno.

She was on locked on bucks a couple days ago and it was pretty insightful.

Seems she is so used to taking out her emotions doing national games she's used to being neutral. She's not used to caring about the wins and losses. She's getting used to the idea of caring again.

Also she's doing homework and got some kind of cheat sheet board she's making notes as the season goes on.

I respect that and I think she's going to get better.

IMO Let her get used to the team, learning to shed that national game attitude, and it sounds like she is studying a lot, and will get to know this team much better as time goes on.
#FreeChuckDiesel
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 9,445

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and Sports Media) - Interview Room Named After Paschke 

Post#387 » by JayMKE » Mon Dec 6, 2021 6:32 am

There isn’t anything offensive or bad about Lisa which is appreciated when there are a lot of people who genuinely want goofballs like Gus Johnson or Eric Collins coining nonsensical catchphrases and doing their own sound effects when their team is down 20 in the 3rd quarter in January. However she’s also not adding much of anything, the Bucks are doing her dirty tho pairing her with Stephen Bardo who may as well be a random person off the street with his complete lack of knowledge about the Bucks and weird awkward banter he has with her. Its not the lack of emotion so much as the lack of insight and chemistry with broadcast partner. She should get better with time but its going to be painful if she’s the one carrying the commentary team going forward.

Wonder if there are any other former Bucks getting into broadcasting? I can’t imagine Marques is gonna do it much longer so Im worried.
FREE GIANNIS
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28,730

Post#388 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:15 pm

Looks like Bill Michaels will be on 920 from 11-2. His Madison show is on 10-2 and 920 will carry the last 3 hours. They aired him for a couple days in August but 1250 stopped it due to a non compete that must be expired.

Pass
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReginaldDwight
Veteran
And1: 1,067

Post#389 » by ReginaldDwight » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:13 pm

JayMKE wrote:There isn’t anything offensive or bad about Lisa which is appreciated when there are a lot of people who genuinely want goofballs like Gus Johnson or Eric Collins coining nonsensical catchphrases and doing their own sound effects when their team is down 20 in the 3rd quarter in January. However she’s also not adding much of anything, the Bucks are doing her dirty tho pairing her with Stephen Bardo who may as well be a random person off the street with his complete lack of knowledge about the Bucks and weird awkward banter he has with her. Its not the lack of emotion so much as the lack of insight and chemistry with broadcast partner. She should get better with time but its going to be painful if she’s the one carrying the commentary team going forward.

Wonder if there are any other former Bucks getting into broadcasting? I can’t imagine Marques is gonna do it much longer so Im worried.

Honestly Her and Brian Butch is a better combo. Heard them do I think MU hoops the other night and they were pretty solid together.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks