Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Re: ATL -Fizdale Fizzles Out in NY 

Post#1861 » by crkone » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:15 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:
DrWood wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:It's more important to keep games low than minutes low. Players can play 40 minutes no problem. My issue is the 82 game season.

unless injuries tend to happen at the beginning of games (I doubt it), injuries are a per-minute phenomenon.

It's not about injuries. It's about being fresh and as ready for the playoffs as possible.

Can you please explain more about how it's the games played and not the minutes? Players still warm up and travel regardless if they play or not. Basically you'd need to confine them to the bed rest to get total benefits of rest.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1862 » by emunney » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:50 pm

crkone wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
DrWood wrote:unless injuries tend to happen at the beginning of games (I doubt it), injuries are a per-minute phenomenon.

It's not about injuries. It's about being fresh and as ready for the playoffs as possible.

Can you please explain more about how it's the games played and not the minutes? Players still warm up and travel regardless if they play or not. Basically you'd need to confine them to the bed rest to get total benefits of rest.

I don't know if there've been any publically available studies done on it, but I'd hypothesize that it's both. Warming up is certainly not as intense as playing, particular if you're Giannis, and even if your warm up is as intense as Giannis' is--and generally speaking there are a lot of opportunity for differences between playing in a NBA game and being in a medically induced coma, bathing in the finest of non-dead rests.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
crkone
RealGM

Post#1863 » by crkone » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:02 pm

emunney wrote:
crkone wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:It's not about injuries. It's about being fresh and as ready for the playoffs as possible.

I don't know if there've been any publically available studies done on it, but I'd hypothesize that it's both. Warming up is certainly not as intense as playing, particular if you're Giannis, and even if your warm up is as intense as Giannis' is--and generally speaking there are a lot of opportunity for differences between playing in a NBA game and being in a medically induced coma, bathing in the finest of non-dead rests.

Or partying all night since you don't have a game tomorrow.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1864 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:30 pm

I want the Lakers to get Rose and promote Kidd to head coach, as an experiment. Get Melo too. And Jabari and Wiggins if possible.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,625

Post#1865 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:34 am

Nice back and forth here from Partnow and Hollinger on how front offices work the trade deadline.

Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,625

Post#1866 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:35 am

Luka seriously complains for a foul after every single play, dude is annoying.
#FreeChuckDiesel
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#1867 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:48 am

crkone wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
DrWood wrote:unless injuries tend to happen at the beginning of games (I doubt it), injuries are a per-minute phenomenon.

No, not at all. Warming up and practicing is nothing like a game. I go back to when the NBA proposed shortening NBA games but keeping 82 games and all the players came out saying the minutes per game was never an issue.

"No. It's not the minutes, it's the games," LeBron James said. "The minutes doesn't mean anything. We can play 50-minute games if we had to. It's just the games. We all as players think it's too many games. In our season, 82 games is a lot. But it's not the minutes".

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/dirk-trim-82-mid-60s/story?id=26220504
Read on Twitter
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#1868 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:04 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
crkone wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:It's not about injuries. It's about being fresh and as ready for the playoffs as possible.

No, not at all. Warming up and practicing is nothing like a game. I go back to when the NBA proposed shortening NBA games but keeping 82 games and all the players came out saying the minutes per game was never an issue.

"No. It's not the minutes, it's the games," LeBron James said. "The minutes doesn't mean anything. We can play 50-minute games if we had to. It's just the games. We all as players think it's too many games. In our season, 82 games is a lot. But it's not the minutes".

I think Lebron has some ridiculous pre game and post game/recovery routine that **** up the best part of his day and night if he has to dress and play even one minute, that's why he's saying this.
crkone
RealGM

Post#1869 » by crkone » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:10 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
crkone wrote:

I think Lebron has some ridiculous pre game and post game/recovery routine that **** up the best part of his day and night if he has to dress and play even one minute, that's why he's saying this.

Yeah I think he's coming from the employee side of things. He just wants the whole day off so he doesn't have to work or prepare for the game.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,920

Post#1870 » by soxperry » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:21 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
crkone wrote:

I would imagine it's the traveling aspect too.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1871 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:40 am

Damn, really sucks for Dwight Powell, the Mavs & Canada’s Olympic hopes.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,396

Post#1872 » by Profound23 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:05 am

So if you could team anyone up with Giannis who would you take as a duo?

Giannis and Lebron would be insane, KD too, but the youth of Luka would force me to pick him.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1873 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:08 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Luka seriously complains for a foul after every single play, dude is annoying.

Noticed this a while ago. Was wondering how long til someone else called it out.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#1874 » by Jez2983 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:09 am

Profound23 wrote:So if you could team anyone up with Giannis who would you take as a duo?

Giannis and Lebron would be insane, KD too, but the youth of Luka would force me to pick him.

Curry?

Like from a stylistic/efficiency sense. They might score on every offensive possession :lol:
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Je K
Rookie
And1: 1,647

Post#1875 » by Je K » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:31 am

Profound23 wrote:So if you could team anyone up with Giannis who would you take as a duo?

It's gotta be Curry. I honestly don't think him and Luka would be a good fit. The sheer talent would still make them a great team, but it's hard to pair up two ball dominant wings when neither of them has a good three point shot and one isn't a very good defender. There may not be two more talented players to team up, but there are definitely better fits out there.
"We’re not dysfunctional."
-Alex Lasry
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#1876 » by awd4cy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:43 am

For the fun of it I’ll say Kawhi. Mainly cause Kawhi is one of the very few stars I like. How on earth would you stop those 2? Correct answer is probably Steph though.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1877 » by DrWood » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:21 am

it's a no-brainer. A healthy Steph Curry.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#1878 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:24 am

Easily AD for me. The defense alone would be insane, plus we'd get to watch some offense that is not all 3s for a change.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,764

Post#1879 » by Plossum » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:25 am

Klay would be a pretty amazing Robin for Giannis.
#LockUpChuck
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#1880 » by bucksfansince88 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:28 am

Dame Dolla

Return to Milwaukee Bucks