ImageImage

ATL -Fizdale Fizzles Out in NY

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Re: ATL - Melo to Portland 

Post#341 » by emunney » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:51 pm

IMO it should be auto playoff berth -- if you qualify for the playoffs anyway, you get a minimum of the 4 seed (HCA one series). If you qualify for the playoffs as a top 4 seed, you require no additional reward, **** off.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#342 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Dec 2, 2019 7:27 pm

A midseason tournament is just stupid. Are people who don’t care about the NBA now going to care about a random tournament? It just cheapens the league IMO
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#343 » by soxperry » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:00 pm

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seems like one team here is due for a slump.

Wow, that helps explain things a little.

Here is another thing: They have feasted on opponents with losing records but have struggled against teams with winning records. I expect them to settle down into that 4 seed over the next two months.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#344 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:03 pm

Read on Twitter
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#345 » by Jez2983 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 8:28 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Beating the bulls 2x and okc is a pretty massive achievement.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#346 » by chonestown » Mon Dec 2, 2019 9:06 pm

I, for one, approve a good redemption arc and look forward to March 2021's player of the month in the Western Conference, OJ Mayo.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#347 » by crkone » Mon Dec 2, 2019 9:08 pm

chonestown wrote:I, for one, approve a good redemption arc and look forward to March 2021's player of the month in the Western Conference, OJ Mayo.

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
chonestown
General Manager

Post#348 » by chonestown » Mon Dec 2, 2019 9:19 pm

Oh, I stay up on Taiwanese pro hoop. I do not solely traffic in flip commentary.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
emunney
RealGM

Post#349 » by emunney » Mon Dec 2, 2019 9:24 pm

Anybody know how the Players of the Week are determined? Does Silver or one of his deputies just pick them?
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#350 » by engelmartin » Mon Dec 2, 2019 9:58 pm

Can the Blazers hurry up and play some good teams so people can stop pretending Carmelo is good? Any chucker could score 20+ in 35 minutes against the Bulls.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,291

Post#351 » by rilamann » Mon Dec 2, 2019 10:36 pm

Poor James Harden, he can't beat Giannis out for MVP and then he scores 60 points in 30 minutes and he can't even get player of the week. Because Carmelo Anthony put up some decent numbers against bad teams lol. I said it last week and I'll say it again, it's hilarious how the NBA tries so hard to sell Melo as some sort of great player. They've been doing it for years. Then the media treats Melo as if they'll be banned from covering the league if they say anything about Melo that isn't complementary. Melo has always been a hollow stat chucker who has never won anything , but I guess he's got it like that with the league.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#352 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Dec 3, 2019 12:51 am

Stolen from Reddit...more crazy Doncic stuff.

So far Doncic is scoring more efficiently in the pick-and-roll than 25 NBA teams are scoring in transition. When he's single-covered in the P&R he's scoring 1.287 PPP in 195 chances. Harden was historically good last season and scored 1.198 in those situations.

Overall, here are the P&R PPP numbers regardless of coverage.

Doncic (1.143 PPP)

Lillard (1.125)

Paul (1.090)

Kemba (1.062)

Kyrie (1.046)

Devonte Graham (!) (1.023)

Harden (1.006)

Brogdon (1.000)

Beal (0.984) - TIE

Dragic (0.984) - TIE

Source:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#353 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Dec 3, 2019 1:57 am

So Doncic is basically a 6'7 Steve Nash I guess. At 20 years old. Crazy.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#354 » by BUCKnation » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:13 am

I like the midseason tournament idea, if you could find the right incentive. Being a soccer fan, those tournaments are fun and if they are one and done, give even crappy teams a chance to make a run.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Post#355 » by RRyder823 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:33 am

emunney wrote:IMO it should be auto playoff berth -- if you qualify for the playoffs anyway, you get a minimum of the 4 seed (HCA one series). If you qualify for the playoffs as a top 4 seed, you require no additional reward, **** off.
That's a good idea. I'd say though if the team ends up top four then that's when they get an additional draft pick (just cause otherwise I could see a top level team just sitting down players if they dont care about seeding)

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
emunney
RealGM

Post#356 » by emunney » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:57 am

RRyder823 wrote:
emunney wrote:IMO it should be auto playoff berth -- if you qualify for the playoffs anyway, you get a minimum of the 4 seed (HCA one series). If you qualify for the playoffs as a top 4 seed, you require no additional reward, **** off.
That's a good idea. I'd say though if the team ends up top four then that's when they get an additional draft pick (just cause otherwise I could see a top level team just sitting down players if they dont care about seeding)

Every player on the winning team gets a million dollars. Plus the team gets a sandwich pick.

I don't know. The incentive stuff is not hard to work out. The justification for the tournament's existence in the first place is what I mostly don't like. Might be more interesting if there were some non-NBA teams in the mix also. I don't have any interest in humiliating the NCAA champs but there might be a Euroleague team or two thirsty for a crack at such a tournament, and lo and behold the league would need two more teams for a proper bracket.
chonestown
General Manager

Post#357 » by chonestown » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:24 am

rilamann wrote:Poor James Harden, he can't beat Giannis out for MVP and then he scores 60 points in 30 minutes and he can't even get player of the week. Because Carmelo Anthony put up some decent numbers against bad teams lol. I said it last week and I'll say it again, it's hilarious how the NBA tries so hard to sell Melo as some sort of great player. They've been doing it for years. Then the media treats Melo as if they'll be banned from covering the league if they say anything about Melo that isn't complementary. Melo has always been a hollow stat chucker who has never won anything , but I guess he's got it like that with the league.

I just want to get this straight: you're arguing in favor of James Harden empty stat accumulator over Carmelo Anthony hollow stat chucker? Difficult trying to discern rationale over here.

LOL.

-DCB
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#358 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:30 am

Harden is my dream pairing with Giannis. Perfect cover for each other's weaknesses IMO, they would accumulate more rings than a gypsy fortune teller.
emunney
RealGM

Post#359 » by emunney » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:19 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Harden is my dream pairing with Giannis. Perfect cover for each other's weaknesses IMO, they would accumulate more rings than a gypsy fortune teller.

Not that you could go wrong but give me Steph.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,525

Post#360 » by drone3 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:41 am

emunney wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:

Every player on the winning team gets a million dollars. Plus the team gets a sandwich pick.

I don't know. The incentive stuff is not hard to work out. The justification for the tournament's existence in the first place is what I mostly don't like. Might be more interesting if there were some non-NBA teams in the mix also. I don't have any interest in humiliating the NCAA champs but there might be a Euroleague team or two thirsty for a crack at such a tournament, and lo and behold the league would need two more teams for a proper bracket.
I think a tournament like summer league could be pretty cool. Teams made of rookies , g-league, international prospects. The format could also be different like just 3 quarters, 4 point line, 3 points for a 360 dunk. Got to get creative to make it work.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks