ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 3,783

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#841 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:07 pm

UcanUwill wrote:By the way, Ghost of Tsushima comes out in 3 weeks, right now I am exited for that one.

Holy ****, I didn't realize that was coming out so soon. I'm also excited for it.
jschligs
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#842 » by jschligs » Yesterday 2:47 am

Well, I think I"m going to build a new desktop. It's the only logical thing to do as I need to be prepared for Cyberpunk 2077 and beyond. Fortunately I have enough components to transfer over (SSD, HDD, case, peripherals) and what I won't be needing anymore I can sell.

Thinking about going with this set up: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/369rb8

Any input?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 5,708

Post#843 » by crkone » Yesterday 1:13 pm

jschligs wrote:Well, I think I"m going to build a new desktop. It's the only logical thing to do as I need to be prepared for Cyberpunk 2077 and beyond. Fortunately I have enough components to transfer over (SSD, HDD, case, peripherals) and what I won't be needing anymore I can sell.

Any input?

Since AMD reversed their decision and Zen3 chips will be supported on 400/500 you could get a B450 MAX for cheaper than that X570 but in the end it doesn't matter. You could also go cheaper on the processor for now and wait for the Zen3s to come out but who knows how long it will be before these current chips are the bottleneck. It might still be a far ways off. I'd also add a cooler on if you go with the 3700X as the stock Wraith cooler is pretty bad. It may be hard to find a Noctua, which I would recommend (Noctua NH-D15), since everyone wants one right now. I have a Scythe Ninja 5 which isn't as good but its better than that beQuiet everyone recommends.

Code: Select all

________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
Sauce Boss
Analyst
And1: 498

Post#844 » by Sauce Boss » Yesterday 7:59 pm

jschligs wrote:Well, I think I"m going to build a new desktop. It's the only logical thing to do as I need to be prepared for Cyberpunk 2077 and beyond. Fortunately I have enough components to transfer over (SSD, HDD, case, peripherals) and what I won't be needing anymore I can sell.

Any input?

Don't have any current input, but have been thinking about doing a rebuild again too. Depending on your specs, maybe you don't need to do a major upgrade and just get a beefy graphics card.

I keep talking myself out of pulling the trigger because I probably could just upgrade my graphics card from a 980 Ti and be set.

Specs for reference (built in late 2015):
Intel i7-5820K (3.3GHz)
CORSAIR Vengeance DDR4 32GB (2133)
EVGA x99 Micro2 Motherboard
EVGA 980 Ti Classified Edition
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256GB
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
jschligs
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#845 » by jschligs » Yesterday 8:51 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:

Any input?

Don't have any current input, but have been thinking about doing a rebuild again too. Keep talking myself out of it because I probably could just upgrade my graphics card from a 980 Ti and be set.

Specs for reference (built in late 2015):
Intel i7-5820K (3.3GHz)
CORSAIR Vengeance DDR4 32GB (2133)
EVGA x99 Micro2 Motherboard
EVGA 980 Ti Classified Edition
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256GB
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB

I thought about doing that, upgrading from my 1070Ti and calling it a day. But believe it or not my i5-7600k has bottlenecked me. Mainly to me wanting to do 1440p at 144hz, and mainly only on Ubisoft games. CPU runs at 100% and stutters at all graphic settings for the most part. Really I'm just making up an excuse to upgrade it all. I'm having a kid in November so I have to spend now or forever hold my peace.

My current build is:

Gigabyte Auros GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 1151 mobo
Intel i5-7600k Kaby Lake
EVGA 1070 SC Gaming 8GB
16GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3000
EVGA SuperNOVA 850w PSU (I melted two ports a while back. Don't ask. So unfortunately I have to upgrade this)

I could definitely get away with a small upgrade of the GPU.
Sauce Boss
Analyst
And1: 498