ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#101 » by FrieAaron » Thu Jan 2, 2020 9:46 pm

jschligs wrote:Anyone use a particular gaming headset they like with mic built in? Been using a crappy $25 one for way too long and it sucks.

I've always liked my logitech headsets. Currently using a G430 - nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#102 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Jan 2, 2020 10:23 pm

jschligs wrote:Anyone use a particular gaming headset they like with mic built in? Been using a crappy $25 one for way too long and it sucks.

I have the wireless Astro A50’s and they’re great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#103 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Jan 2, 2020 10:30 pm

Might I suggest a different option entirely: audio headphones and a dedicated mic. My personal opinion is that I don't want to shell out $100+ for mediocre audio and poor mic quality to have the "edgy gamer" aesthetic. It doesn't even have to be super amazing stuff: I'm using an Audio Technica MH50 with a Yeti Black mic, but it's by far better than any Steelseries, Logitech, Razer, etc... I've ever owned.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#104 » by Siefer » Thu Jan 2, 2020 10:34 pm

I finally spent some time with Outer Wilds, and it's something special. I haven't been legitimately shook by a game since The Last of Us, but Outer Wilds makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. If you're in the mood for an engrossing sci-fi narrative wrapped in one of the best exploration experiences of this generation, I can't recommend it enough.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#105 » by chuckleslove » Thu Jan 2, 2020 11:25 pm

FrieAaron wrote:

I've always liked my logitech headsets. Currently using a G430 - nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

I've always used Logitech or Plantronics, not even expensive ones, for me comfort is the most important thing. I actually had a G430 before my current headset but I broke it and replaced it with Plantronics RIG 500 Pro. I've always leaned slightly to Plantronics for my headsets and this one fits my head well and comfortably.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#106 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Jan 2, 2020 11:52 pm

Siefer wrote:I finally spent some time with Outer Wilds, and it's something special. I haven't been legitimately shook by a game since The Last of Us, but Outer Wilds makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. If you're in the mood for an engrossing sci-fi narrative wrapped in one of the best exploration experiences of this generation, I can't recommend it enough.

I also started this the other day. Played just enough to go through the first "loop" but got too tired to play anymore. There is a great sense of exploration and discovery, looking forward to spending more time with it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#107 » by neiLz » Fri Jan 3, 2020 2:56 am

I'm currently rocking two different sets. I have a wired hyper x cloud 2s which are awesome but I prefer the wireless set up as I can run and grab beers and still listen and talk to my friends.

Wireless headset is steel series arctic pros.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#108 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 3, 2020 3:26 am

So the first time I played Bloodborne when it came out I used an XP glitch, got OP, and mostly breezed through the game. This time (no shame) I'm using an incredibly good 10 hour video series walkthrough and really enjoying it a lot more. You still gotta put in the work but it streamlines so much of the dicking around I did the first time around and I've got a much better understanding of the mechanics of the game. I'll go solo on my NG+.
Siefer
RealGM

Post#109 » by Siefer » Fri Jan 3, 2020 6:59 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:So the first time I played Bloodborne when it came out I used an XP glitch, got OP, and mostly breezed through the game. This time (no shame) I'm using an incredibly good 10 hour video series walkthrough and really enjoying it a lot more. You still gotta put in the work but it streamlines so much of the dicking around I did the first time around and I've got a much better understanding of the mechanics of the game. I'll go solo on my NG+.

My favorite Souls variant, and one of the best games of this generation. I don't regret reading that redditor's 80 page report detailing the backstory and world.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 4, 2020 12:53 am

Siefer wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:So the first time I played Bloodborne when it came out I used an XP glitch, got OP, and mostly breezed through the game. This time (no shame) I'm using an incredibly good 10 hour video series walkthrough and really enjoying it a lot more. You still gotta put in the work but it streamlines so much of the dicking around I did the first time around and I've got a much better understanding of the mechanics of the game. I'll go solo on my NG+.

My favorite Souls variant, and one of the best games of this generation. I don't regret reading that redditor's 80 page report detailing the backstory and world.

I'm definitely having a blast. An incredibly strange thing has happened where I realized I almost entirely skipped Old Yardham the first time around because I used a glitch and got to the forest incredibly early and then just went from there. The dude with the gatling gun? Never dealt with him the first time around.

I also never made it to the Unseen Village, but I found myself there an hour ago after I fell at a bad spot and completely lost track of the walkthrough I was following. That was fun.

I can pretty much guarantee I'll be doing nothing but some post-holiday cleaning and playing Bloodborne all weekend.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,827

Post#111 » by tydett » Sat Jan 4, 2020 1:27 am

I gave Witcher 3 another chance a few weeks ago and holy ****. There is so much here. I feel like I'm easily 100 hours in and I don't even know if the end is in sight. I've uncovered every question mark I've come across, chased down every side quest, won every Gwent match I've come across. This game is so **** massive and even though the movement in particular is finnicky, game is holding my attention as I try to do this ****.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 4, 2020 1:36 am

tydett wrote:I gave Witcher 3 another chance a few weeks ago and holy ****. There is so much here. I feel like I'm easily 100 hours in and I don't even know if the end is in sight. I've uncovered every question mark I've come across, chased down every side quest, won every Gwent match I've come across. This game is so **** massive and even though the movement in particular is finnicky, game is holding my attention as I try to do this ****.

So you played it once, didn't care for it, then just now gave it another chance?
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#113 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:29 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
tydett wrote:I gave Witcher 3 another chance a few weeks ago and holy ****. There is so much here. I feel like I'm easily 100 hours in and I don't even know if the end is in sight. I've uncovered every question mark I've come across, chased down every side quest, won every Gwent match I've come across. This game is so **** massive and even though the movement in particular is finnicky, game is holding my attention as I try to do this ****.

So you played it once, didn't care for it, then just now gave it another chance?

There’s more concurrent users playing it on Steam now than when it launched almost five years ago. The Netflix show has really driven it back up, so seems like a lot of people are going back or picking it up for the first time.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,827

Post#114 » by tydett » Sat Jan 4, 2020 3:43 am

ReasonablySober wrote:

Yep, actually before the show came out, believe it or not. I got it on PC after liking the first two, which were, admittedly, a bit more streamlined, was overwhelmed by 3's openness and set it aside, and got it again for PS4 for a trophy because I'm a degenerate.
Siefer
RealGM

Post#115 » by Siefer » Sat Jan 4, 2020 8:09 pm

I've tried to get into The Witcher 3 a few times over the years, and I just dislike how the game plays, how the equipment and leveling work, etc. The writing, art direction, and world are super cool, but the "game" parts have never held me. It didn't help that it was the first game I played after Bloodborne, which is on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to third-person action gameplay.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#116 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Jan 5, 2020 1:24 am

Anybody here play Escape from Tarkov? I'm tempted to give it a try, it's really become popular on Twitch recently.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#117 » by jschligs » Sun Jan 5, 2020 3:39 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Anybody here play Escape from Tarkov? I'm tempted to give it a try, it's really become popular on Twitch recently.

I’ve played it because one of my company’s products is in the game. Holy **** is it hard. You die, you lose everything. Granted I’ve only played a few hours but it’s a hardcore simulator so it’s a little slower moving. I want to give it another try with guides and after watching more people play.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#118 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jan 5, 2020 5:58 pm

Siefer wrote:I've tried to get into The Witcher 3 a few times over the years, and I just dislike how the game plays, how the equipment and leveling work, etc. The writing, art direction, and world are super cool, but the "game" parts have never held me. It didn't help that it was the first game I played after Bloodborne, which is on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to third-person action gameplay.

I'm with you. I wish I could get into it, as the writing and world/lore are incredible. But I never could. I played about 50 hours, which felt forced because I knew there was something great there, but never went back.

Thankfully, there's a TV show now :D
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#119 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 5, 2020 8:57 pm

I mentioned this before but games like Bloodborne are the reason why I couldn't really get into Witcher. The combat is just so much better in Soulsborne IMO. I like everything else about Witcher though. I'll definitely go back to it at some point.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#120 » by Nightfall » Sun Jan 5, 2020 9:17 pm

I also started playing Witcher 3 now that is on Game Pass on Xbox (haven't watched the series yet).
30 Hrs in now, the game is amazing well worth the praise, since starting it I haven't watched any series or movies or played anything else apart from that :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks