ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1241 » by jschligs » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:25 pm

I'm "In Line" but who knows what that means. If I get one great, if not, oh well. I'm more concerned about getting a 3080.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,228

Post#1242 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:32 pm

jschligs wrote:I'm "In Line" but who knows what that means. If I get one great, if not, oh well. I'm more concerned about getting a 3080.
I made it in and they're gone lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1243 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Yeah I've gotten through twice now - once in the incognito window - and it says they're gone. I don't think it was a queue for orders, think it was just them throttling site traffic, lol.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1244 » by jschligs » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:33 pm

Appreciate the heads up, not wasting any more time haha
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#1245 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:56 pm

Just have a lottery raffle for pre-orders. Virtual purchasing has absolutely **** consumers in every medium of entertainment (concerts, festivals, movies, gaming, etc.) to the point where I just don't even bother with most sites. The amount of effort that some of these ass hats go to create algorithms and bots to instantly buy up these commodities just in order to turn around and sell them for outrageous prices on bidding sites is disgusting.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1246 » by jschligs » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:04 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Just have a lottery raffle for pre-orders. Virtual purchasing has absolutely **** consumers in every medium of entertainment (concerts, festivals, movies, gaming, etc.) to the point where I just don't even bother with most sites. The amount of effort that some of these ass hats go to create algorithms and bots to instantly buy up these commodities just in order to turn around and sell them for outrageous prices on bidding sites is disgusting.

Yea that's absolutely the way to do it. We have 500 available, sign up via email, we'll pick the 500 and let them purchase it. You have 24-48 hours and if you don't buy it they email the next person.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 994

Post#1247 » by Ryan5UW » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:05 pm

Just curious if anyone with a PS4 is thinking of jumping ship to the new Xbox? I'm still undecided on which route I want to go. I'm not too worried about backwards compatibility as I can either just keep my PS4 or be honest with myself that I never go back and play old games. I'm also a loser so don't really have friends to play with online so that's not too much of a concern.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1248 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:07 pm

jschligs wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Just have a lottery raffle for pre-orders. Virtual purchasing has absolutely **** consumers in every medium of entertainment (concerts, festivals, movies, gaming, etc.) to the point where I just don't even bother with most sites. The amount of effort that some of these ass hats go to create algorithms and bots to instantly buy up these commodities just in order to turn around and sell them for outrageous prices on bidding sites is disgusting.

Yea that's absolutely the way to do it. We have 500 available, sign up via email, we'll pick the 500 and let them purchase it. You have 24-48 hours and if you don't buy it they email the next person.

Agreed. Sony actually did this for their own direct sales, but I would imagine they reserved very few and got most to their partners/vendors.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,044

Post#1249 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Hades is walking that line where I feel like it's a little too hard, only after virtually every run I've made it a bit further.
My last run I made it to the final boss in the 3rd area and did a fairly respectable job.

Then again this is how I felt about Dead Cells and I couldn't finish it after 50 hours of play through.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1250 » by jschligs » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Days Gone for PS4 is $19 at Walmart. Highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it. Was in the running for my game of the year. So much fun, a little buggy, but so worth every hour and I think I did about 40-60.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1251 » by machu46 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:48 pm

jschligs wrote:Days Gone for PS4 is $19 at Walmart. Highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it. Was in the running for my game of the year. So much fun, a little buggy, but so worth every hour and I think I did about 40-60.

FWIW, anyone getting PS5 that signs up PS+ will get Days Gone for free
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1252 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:09 pm

I’m still waiting for some Nintendo news, but it’s almost October. Kind of looks like nothing big for the rest of the year, but they’ve also been doing “surprise, this is out in two weeks” stuff recently, too. Trying to budget out what games I need to pickup this winter and it still feels like BG3 and Cyberpunk 2077 are the only ones barring some new development.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1253 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:11 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:I’m still waiting for some Nintendo news, but it’s almost October. Kind of looks like nothing big for the rest of the year, but they’ve also been doing “surprise, this is out in two weeks” stuff recently, too. Trying to budget out what games I need to pickup this winter and it still feels like BG3 and Cyberpunk 2077 are the only ones barring some new development.

What were you hoping for Nintendo wise? I was hoping for a new Odyssey this year, but figured that ship sailed after no news from their big Mario direct.

It feels like Hyrule Warriors is supposed to be their big second-half/holiday release, maybe with Pikmin 3 on the side (lol).
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,646

Post#1254 » by Matches Malone » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:34 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:Trying to budget out what games I need to pickup this winter and it still feels like BG3 and Cyberpunk 2077 are the only ones barring some new development.

Cyberpunk is the one I've been chopping at the bit for. Other than that, the Star Wars Squadron game coming out soon looks kinda dope. For me, it's mostly been Madden 21 and Hades until cyberpunk comes out lol. Might try the Mafia definitive collection.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1255 » by jschligs » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:44 pm

It's not even worth trying to get a 3080, I can't beat the bots....
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1256 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:28 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:I’m still waiting for some Nintendo news, but it’s almost October. Kind of looks like nothing big for the rest of the year, but they’ve also been doing “surprise, this is out in two weeks” stuff recently, too. Trying to budget out what games I need to pickup this winter and it still feels like BG3 and Cyberpunk 2077 are the only ones barring some new development.

What were you hoping for Nintendo wise? I was hoping for a new Odyssey this year, but figured that ship sailed after no news from their big Mario direct.

It feels like Hyrule Warriors is supposed to be their big second-half/holiday release, maybe with Pikmin 3 on the side (lol).

I was just hoping to see some new first party Switch games. Last year there was a bunch of good new games (Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Mario Maker 2, Link’s Awakening, Astral Chain, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Pokemon Shield, etc...). This year there hasn’t been a whole lot outside of Animal Crossing. I got Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition and the Mario bundle, but neither were truly new.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,826

Post#1257 » by tydett » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:22 pm

been suckered by friend into playing genshin impact, weeb gacha ****. it's actually a really decent improvement on the breath of the wild formula, without being too much p2w at this point. plus free.99 to start with, for any interested.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1258 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:12 pm

tydett wrote:been suckered by friend into playing genshin impact, weeb gacha ****. it's actually a really decent improvement on the breath of the wild formula, without being too much p2w at this point. plus free.99 to start with, for any interested.

I have no idea what this is or what you're talking about. But this is hilarious/intriguing. Say more.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1259 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:12 pm

Loving the Xbox game pass. I have a Note 20 Ultra and just got the Razer Kishi controller, its like a better feeling Switch. Game play is pretty great. Also sideloaded the gamepass onto my Nvidia Shield for the kids, it works very well. Breaks up every now and then and looks a bit choppy at time but the kids enjoy it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1260 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:15 pm

The crunch reports around Cyberpunk 2077 are unfortunate. Really don’t like seeing that culture continue, hopefully it can be de-normalized in the next several years. Wonder if it’ll lead to another delay or not, thought about putting in a pre-order soon on Steam.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks