ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1561 » by machu46 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:55 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Against my better judgment, I'm going to try to get a PS5 from Walmart today - they'll be releasing some online every few hours. Wish me luck, gents.

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I got out of Tartaurs after 7 attempts with the shield. On attempt 10, I got out with the sword. I've been out three times total, and on the third attempt (sword) I got out without using my respawn yet. I know the bow is popular, but I can't figure out how to use it properly.

I also am dying a lot in Asphodel. Which is fine, I presume I'm supposed to. It's just been such a big difficulty spike for me. Like, holy ****.

ETA: Game is a lot of fun - not slowing down yet, just sharing my impression ~5 hours in.
You're doing better than me. I just picked it up and am about 3-4 hours in and best I've done is get beat by the Tartaus boss a couple times.

Feel like I'm just in button smashing mode so far. Fun game but I worry I'm too old to have the hand eye to really play with a real mechanical style lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

It definitely gets a bit easier as you upgrade, just takes several runs/some grinding. I actually haven't played in like a week - just have barely had time to game at all. Need to get back to it this weekend.

Best of luck. I'm going to give it a try as well since I'm still nervous about my Target order getting cancelled. I have pretty much zero hope at this point of breaking through with any of the other stores though. Think I'm stuck waiting and hoping Target comes through at some point for me.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1562 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:09 pm

Well according to Newegg, they busted over 10,000,000 bots from ordering PS5s through them last night so I can't imagine Walmart or Target is anywhere near as diligent about that stuff.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1563 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:24 pm

WRau1 wrote:Well according to Newegg, they busted over 10,000,000 bots from ordering PS5s through them last night so I can't imagine Walmart or Target is anywhere near as diligent about that stuff.

Ugh, wish that were surprising. I've got one in my cart at CostCo, but their checkout is totally broken. I imagine it's being totally flooded by bots and other members.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,826

Post#1564 » by tydett » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:26 pm

Sony used a Queue system on their direct store website last night. It was very painless and I got in about 12:50 and snagged myself a PS5. Honestly wish every retailer had done this (and I got free 2 day shipping because of PSNPlus) after my cart on Target got **** over by everybody and his brother's bots buying them out.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,646

Post#1565 » by Matches Malone » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Are most of you getting the regular PS5 or the digital edition? I've been debating since I already have 3 4k players around the house and I have been buying more digital games lately. But the backwards compatibility is tempting.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1566 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Are most of you getting the regular PS5 or the digital edition? I've been debating since I already have 3 4k players around the house and I have been buying more digital games lately. But the backwards compatibility is tempting.

I got the Digital. I don't really sell back games anymore and I like the look of the Digital much more. I've seen reports that Sony didn't make many Digital editions and they're harder to come by.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#1567 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Got all the way to the select payment option on Walmart but it **** the bed. Don't think I'll try again, it says it wouldn't arrive until the 25th anyway. I can wait an extra two days.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1568 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:09 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Got all the way to the select payment option on Walmart but it **** the bed. Don't think I'll try again, it says it wouldn't arrive until the 25th anyway. I can wait an extra two days.

Same, I had already hit payment options and everything then it just hung and went out of stock.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1569 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:11 pm

I got through Walmart's checkout quite quickly and still got a sold out message upon processing. Oh well :shrug:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#1570 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:19 pm

I got an text alert that Demon's Souls is waiting for me when I get home. :cry:
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1571 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:25 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I got out of Tartaurs after 7 attempts with the shield. On attempt 10, I got out with the sword. I've been out three times total, and on the third attempt (sword) I got out without using my respawn yet. I know the bow is popular, but I can't figure out how to use it properly.

I also am dying a lot in Asphodel. Which is fine, I presume I'm supposed to. It's just been such a big difficulty spike for me. Like, holy ****.

ETA: Game is a lot of fun - not slowing down yet, just sharing my impression ~5 hours in.
You're doing better than me. I just picked it up and am about 3-4 hours in and best I've done is get beat by the Tartaus boss a couple times.

Feel like I'm just in button smashing mode so far. Fun game but I worry I'm too old to have the hand eye to really play with a real mechanical style lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

I’m on try 11 and I’ve reached Theseus and Asterius in Elysium in three of my last four attempts. I feel like I’m ahead of the curve from a lot of people I’ve seen online, but maybe not? I’d say default the shield is best followed by the bow, but if you get the Daedalus Hammer that replaces the bows drawback with rapid fire, it becomes the best option.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1572 » by glenn » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:24 pm

Yeah, you're doing pretty good if you are regularly getting to Theseus and Astreius by attempt 11. I got to them on try 7, but then regressed for a while before getting past them on #16. A cool feature for those that have played a lot is the log of each of your runs that you can view once you pay to unlock the Administrative Chamber. It shows how far you got, who killed you, and which boons you used.

I would actually say that the game lends itself to button mashing (up to a point). If you focus your bonuses on dashes and dash-strikes you can end up doing really well with most weapons other than the bow.
:reporter:
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1573 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Does anyone know when Sony is selling more PS5s today? I know they did the midnight launch but I overheard that they're doing another round at some point today.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1574 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:34 pm

WRau1 wrote:Does anyone know when Sony is selling more PS5s today? I know they did the midnight launch but I overheard that they're doing another round at some point today.

I think Walmart is opening online orders every few hours, not sure the times but I think they tweeted it out. Only problem is that people have bots out to secure orders.
#FreeChuckDiesel
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1575 » by machu46 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:36 pm

My Target order finally updated with a shipping label. FedEx says it should arrive on Sunday. Shipping in from Alabama...I think the distribution centers around the DC area didn't get the amount of shipments that they anticipated.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1576 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:39 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Does anyone know when Sony is selling more PS5s today? I know they did the midnight launch but I overheard that they're doing another round at some point today.

I think Walmart is opening online orders every few hours, not sure the times but I think they tweeted it out. Only problem is that people have bots out to secure orders.

Yeah, Walmart's is horrible. Sony at least has some known defense against bots which is why I was encouraged when I heard they were sending out another round.

This is going to be the first console I haven't had on launch day since original PSX. I am much disappoint.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1577 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:44 pm

Look on the bright side - the **** using the bots are selling them for a totally reasonable 300% premium on eBay :blank:
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1578 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:01 pm

Walmart basically crashed at 2:59:30. Bots must have suddenly overloaded them.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1579 » by jschligs » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:04 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Walmart basically crashed at 2:59:30. Bots must have suddenly overloaded them.

Buddy of mine got 1 from Target last night and one from Costco last night. Said he probably will sell both (jerk) but I asked to be nice and give me one for just over cost.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1580 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:05 pm

Spoiler:
MikeIsGood wrote:Walmart basically crashed at 2:59:30. Bots must have suddenly overloaded them.

Yup, my first reload at exactly 2 said that they were restocking at 6.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks