ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 78,552
And1: 18,597
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1661 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:47 am

You guys have kids? The generosity of women never ceases to amaze me.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
jschligs
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,091
And1: 2,282
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1662 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:52 pm

For anyone interested in a 3070 GPU I have one, willing to do a cost+shipping or a straight up swap for a Ryzen 9 5900x or even a 5800x (plus some cash) otherwise I'm returning the 3070. I got it before I got the 3080 and don't need it/don't want to be that douche to upcharge. Was going to go Ryzen 9 3900x and then realized I'm an idiot and the Zen3s are out.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 78,552
And1: 18,597
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1663 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:15 pm

Bounced off of Demon's Souls (gonna bounce back soon!) to play DQB2. Since my PS4 drive took a **** last spring or whatever I've been dying to get back into it. So I'm I'mma play it for a 3rd time. I love it so much. Also gonna play Nioh 1 and 2 and Borderlands 3.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
Sauce Boss
Analyst
Posts: 3,397
And1: 545
Joined: Nov 25, 2008
Location: Madison, WI
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1664 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:26 pm

jschligs wrote:For anyone interested in a 3070 GPU I have one, willing to do a cost+shipping or a straight up swap for a Ryzen 9 5900x or even a 5800x (plus some cash) otherwise I'm returning the 3070. I got it before I got the 3080 and don't need it/don't want to be that douche to upcharge. Was going to go Ryzen 9 3900x and then realized I'm an idiot and the Zen3s are out.

5800X has been in stock at Amazon a bunch today. 5900X is the impossible one currently. I’m on a few in stock alert Discord’s trying to pounce on a 5900X and it’s been rough goings.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
User avatar
UcanUwill
RealGM
Posts: 17,596
And1: 13,438
Joined: Aug 07, 2011
   

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1665 » by UcanUwill » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Looks like my PS4 went to crapper. FIFA freezing was just first symptom. Tried factory reset a few times, but it is still slow, sometimes it wont load at all, I imagine a hard drive issue?
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 27,722
And1: 4,395
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1666 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:09 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
jschligs wrote:For anyone interested in a 3070 GPU I have one, willing to do a cost+shipping or a straight up swap for a Ryzen 9 5900x or even a 5800x (plus some cash) otherwise I'm returning the 3070. I got it before I got the 3080 and don't need it/don't want to be that douche to upcharge. Was going to go Ryzen 9 3900x and then realized I'm an idiot and the Zen3s are out.

5800X has been in stock at Amazon a bunch today. 5900X is the impossible one currently. I’m on a few in stock alert Discord’s trying to pounce on a 5900X and it’s been rough goings.


Weren't you also looking at the AMD GPUs? Someone was :) Some about to drop on Best Buy.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
#FreeChuckAndNowak
User avatar
Sauce Boss
Analyst
Posts: 3,397
And1: 545
Joined: Nov 25, 2008
Location: Madison, WI
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1667 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:14 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:
jschligs wrote:For anyone interested in a 3070 GPU I have one, willing to do a cost+shipping or a straight up swap for a Ryzen 9 5900x or even a 5800x (plus some cash) otherwise I'm returning the 3070. I got it before I got the 3080 and don't need it/don't want to be that douche to upcharge. Was going to go Ryzen 9 3900x and then realized I'm an idiot and the Zen3s are out.

5800X has been in stock at Amazon a bunch today. 5900X is the impossible one currently. I’m on a few in stock alert Discord’s trying to pounce on a 5900X and it’s been rough goings.


Weren't you also looking at the AMD GPUs? Someone was :) Some about to drop on Best Buy.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeaaaahhh. I have both those pages up if I get desperate, but I'm not huge on XFX or MSI. Was really hoping for Sapphire or Gigabyte. I'm watching reviews now, too. It seems pretty close to a 3080 but it's losing in ray tracing (makes sense, first time) and some productivity stuff (matters less to me since I haven't done extensive video editing in years). I'm monitoring it today and into next week for sure, it's like the Batcave up in my apartment right now.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
User avatar
jschligs
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,091
And1: 2,282
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1668 » by jschligs » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:30 pm

I managed to get a 5800X and I still have the 3080 arriving today. At this point I'm happy being done with the search for products.

However, I still want a damn PS5...that I'll just wait on haha
User avatar
Sauce Boss
Analyst
Posts: 3,397
And1: 545
Joined: Nov 25, 2008
Location: Madison, WI
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1669 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:40 pm

jschligs wrote:I managed to get a 5800X and I still have the 3080 arriving today. At this point I'm happy being done with the search for products.

However, I still want a damn PS5...that I'll just wait on haha

I joined the Snail Monitor Patreon. They send you discord alerts when stuff is in stock looking at websites APIs and what have you. If your REALLY want one I recommend it. Availability is limited, I got a slot this morning. If I had a slot sooner, I could've got a 6800xt during launch today. Have had a few opportunities to get stuff like a 3090 already today, but I'm obviously looking for some specific things.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
User avatar
jschligs
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,091
And1: 2,282
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1670 » by jschligs » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:44 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
jschligs wrote:I managed to get a 5800X and I still have the 3080 arriving today. At this point I'm happy being done with the search for products.

However, I still want a damn PS5...that I'll just wait on haha

I joined the Snail Monitor Patreon. They send you discord alerts when stuff is in stock looking at websites APIs and what have you. If your REALLY want one I recommend it. Availability is limited, I got a slot this morning. If I had a slot sooner, I could've got a 6800xt during launch today. Have had a few opportunities to get stuff like a 3090 already today, but I'm obviously looking for some specific things.


Yea I'm on a discord as well. I've had a few in cart but couldn't check out. I was open to 5800x or 5900x so getting the 5800x was fine with me. I also wasn't super picky on my 3080 so I got an Asus TUF 3080 with a mobo combo. I'll return the mobo as it was an Intel chipset mobo.

The PS5 I'm patient on, I keep watching this discord but man people are on it like white on rice lol. My buddy is on it too, he actually helped me get the 3080, he saw Newegg had some combos in stock and let me know before the API alert hit our discord.
jmuelly
Junior
Posts: 409
And1: 67
Joined: May 22, 2015

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1671 » by jmuelly » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:48 pm

I’ve got a TP Link Deco M5 mesh wifi system in my home. I have a 300mbps internet through spectrum, straight from the modem to a hardwired laptop I can pull between 400-450. Plugged directly to the mesh unit connected I can get the same results. Doing an test on the wifi system it reads the same speeds internally as well. The issue comes when it broadcasts over wifi, it begins to see some larger drops and often inconsistent at that. By large I mean often times less than 100mbps. My PS5 is downstairs almost directly below the base unit directly plugged into a mesh pod and the speeds there will range from 70-300, if on Wifi its closer to 80-130. My son has a ps4 pro plugged into one in another room not far away on the lower level and his speed will range from 50-150 (I credit some of this to ps4 being not so great with net) My other son in the next room has an older regular ps4 and he’s pulling 30-50mbps. Both their uploads vary and are much less than should be.

I connect my work laptop and almost never see speeds over 100mbps over wifi. If I access with my phone it’s very hit or miss as well. One run will be 300+ the next will be 60.

This unit is dual band. I initially found it to be more successful splitting this. On the primary access I turned off the 2.4ghz and instead renamed the guest network to run just he 2.4ghz and the main the run 5. I even attempted to move the pods around the the home in hope it would improve. I also even took one of the pods downstairs and swapped it with the main base to see if that broadcast better.

Does anyone have any suggestions for improving speed within my home? The system is very reliable it just isn’t broadcasting the full speed I feel I should be getting despite it receiving those speeds from the modem.

Thanks
User avatar
Sauce Boss
Analyst
Posts: 3,397
And1: 545
Joined: Nov 25, 2008
Location: Madison, WI
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1672 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:53 pm

jschligs wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:
jschligs wrote:I managed to get a 5800X and I still have the 3080 arriving today. At this point I'm happy being done with the search for products.

However, I still want a damn PS5...that I'll just wait on haha

I joined the Snail Monitor Patreon. They send you discord alerts when stuff is in stock looking at websites APIs and what have you. If your REALLY want one I recommend it. Availability is limited, I got a slot this morning. If I had a slot sooner, I could've got a 6800xt during launch today. Have had a few opportunities to get stuff like a 3090 already today, but I'm obviously looking for some specific things.


Yea I'm on a discord as well. I've had a few in cart but couldn't check out. I was open to 5800x or 5900x so getting the 5800x was fine with me. I also wasn't super picky on my 3080 so I got an Asus TUF 3080 with a mobo combo. I'll return the mobo as it was an Intel chipset mobo.

The PS5 I'm patient on, I keep watching this discord but man people are on it like white on rice lol. My buddy is on it too, he actually helped me get the 3080, he saw Newegg had some combos in stock and let me know before the API alert hit our discord.

Yeah, it's been nuts. I remember five years ago I just went on Newegg made a wishlist, waited a few weeks until I was happy with everything and then ordered. Now it's a mad dash to be there first. I feel like I settled with the 5600X and I might just end up keeping it and doing an incremental upgrade or two instead of another set it and forget it for half a decade. I'm really hoping Amazon has more 6800XT drops because I feel like they have the best return policy. Had to jump through a bunch of hoops with Newegg in the past and I'm kind of making placeholder orders right now with how the landscape is with all these sellouts.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
User avatar
jschligs
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,091
And1: 2,282
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1673 » by jschligs » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
jschligs wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:I joined the Snail Monitor Patreon. They send you discord alerts when stuff is in stock looking at websites APIs and what have you. If your REALLY want one I recommend it. Availability is limited, I got a slot this morning. If I had a slot sooner, I could've got a 6800xt during launch today. Have had a few opportunities to get stuff like a 3090 already today, but I'm obviously looking for some specific things.


Yea I'm on a discord as well. I've had a few in cart but couldn't check out. I was open to 5800x or 5900x so getting the 5800x was fine with me. I also wasn't super picky on my 3080 so I got an Asus TUF 3080 with a mobo combo. I'll return the mobo as it was an Intel chipset mobo.

The PS5 I'm patient on, I keep watching this discord but man people are on it like white on rice lol. My buddy is on it too, he actually helped me get the 3080, he saw Newegg had some combos in stock and let me know before the API alert hit our discord.

Yeah, it's been nuts. I remember five years ago I just went on Newegg made a wishlist, waited a few weeks until I was happy with everything and then ordered. Now it's a mad dash to be there first. I feel like I settled with the 5600X and I might just end up keeping it and doing an incremental upgrade or two instead of another set it and forget it for half a decade. I'm really opening Amazon has more 6800XT drops because I feel like they have the best return policy. Had to jump through a bunch of hoops with Newegg in the past and I'm kind of making placeholder orders right now with how the landscape is with all these sellouts.


I actually made ALL of my parts purchases (except for the GPU) from Amazon strictly for the return policy. A day after I ordered my SSD, it was $60 cheaper. I re-ordered and returned with no hassle. Times have definitely changed. Best of luck with whatever you go with.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 27,722
And1: 4,395
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1674 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Just starting to consume some reviews over lunch, but early returns have me pretty excite.

#FreeChuckAndNowak
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 27,722
And1: 4,395
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1675 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:08 pm

I **** got one (supposedly).
#FreeChuckAndNowak
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 27,722
And1: 4,395
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1676 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:06 pm

I just successfully ordered a second one (it appears). I'm cancelling the first - not going to be a **** price scalper - but making sure the second one (which is JUST a disc console) goes through before I cancel the first (which is a huge digital bundle).

I just can't believe it was such a stressful struggle for a week, then I got 2 orders complete in under an hour.
#FreeChuckAndNowak
User avatar
WRau1
General Manager
Posts: 8,809
And1: 2,062
Joined: Apr 30, 2005
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1677 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:10 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I just successfully ordered a second one (it appears). I'm cancelling the first - not going to be a **** price scalper - but making sure the second one (which is JUST a disc console) goes through before I cancel the first (which is a huge digital bundle).

I just can't believe it was such a stressful struggle for a week, then I got 2 orders complete in under an hour.


Where from?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 27,722
And1: 4,395
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1678 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 pm

WRau1 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I just successfully ordered a second one (it appears). I'm cancelling the first - not going to be a **** price scalper - but making sure the second one (which is JUST a disc console) goes through before I cancel the first (which is a huge digital bundle).

I just can't believe it was such a stressful struggle for a week, then I got 2 orders complete in under an hour.


Where from?


First was Gamestop (which is still refreshing new inventory every few mins, I believe). I didn't realize the bundle I clicked was digital until after order confirmation.

Second was Walmart. No bundles - straight-up console. No site lag!
#FreeChuckAndNowak
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 27,722
And1: 4,395
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1679 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:02 pm

I had to actually call Gamestop to cancel, and the guy clearly thought I was a lunatic for cancelling. And maybe I am. But I don't need any bad reseller karma. I'm hoping that positive karma reflects well on both me and the Bucks...who need everything they can get.

I also am hoping my Walmart order doesn't get cancelled now :blank:
#FreeChuckAndNowak
User avatar
UcanUwill
RealGM
Posts: 17,596
And1: 13,438
Joined: Aug 07, 2011
   

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1680 » by UcanUwill » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:54 pm



They worked on this game for so long, graphics honestly look a bit outdated, but man the scale and depth of this game and this world, its amazing. Just 3 more weeks of waiting, hopefully.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks