OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#181 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:37 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:What's everyone's GOY for 2019? I'm pretty sure Dragon Quest Builders 2 tops my personal list. Switch has me at over 130 hours logged, and it was so much god damn fun the whole way.

I wasn't sure I'd like this one. Never played Minecraft or had any desire too. I'm also not particularly creative and seeing what others have made in this game is daunting as hell. But I'm about three hours in and I'm enjoying it a lot. How long is this story mode?

Super, super long - if you want it to be. I think I played the story 100h or so. But, I think it's highly variable depending upon how creative and exhaustive you want to be. I didn't make anything nearly as creative as others, but I did spend a lot of time trying different things and making each town my own. And a couple times I went back to old towns, as well.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,018

Post#182 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:03 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:What's everyone's GOY for 2019? I'm pretty sure Dragon Quest Builders 2 tops my personal list. Switch has me at over 130 hours logged, and it was so much god damn fun the whole way.

I wasn't sure I'd like this one. Never played Minecraft or had any desire too. I'm also not particularly creative and seeing what others have made in this game is daunting as hell. But I'm about three hours in and I'm enjoying it a lot. How long is this story mode?

Super, super long - if you want it to be. I think I played the story 100h or so. But, I think it's highly variable depending upon how creative and exhaustive you want to be. I didn't make anything nearly as creative as others, but I did spend a lot of time trying different things and making each town my own. And a couple times I went back to old towns, as well.

Okay, so I'm really freaking loving everything about this game, some minor bugs notwithstanding. This super scratches that OCD itch that made me love Stardew. Getting high fives and having people just gather around to clap at me will likely never not be awesome. I bet some people hate Britney but I love that little warrior. I've laughed a lot.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#183 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Pretty cool.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#184 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:25 pm

This is the craziest item I have ever crafted/been in possession of, I think by far, and I had to share. I have no idea how to price them and might just use them. I know it's not like mirror tier or anything, but with the enchant these are bananas this league.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#185 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:52 pm

It's a good thing I've had a breeze of a work week because I don't think I've stopped playing DQB2 until at least 12:30 am every night. MiG you were right about the length of the game. Good god it's a monster. I finished the first island last night, made good progress on my own island, and got a good start exploring the mines on the second island. I may end up playing only this until Nioh 2 comes out on March 13th.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#186 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:25 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:It's a good thing I've had a breeze of a work week because I don't think I've stopped playing DQB2 until at least 12:30 am every night. MiG you were right about the length of the game. Good god it's a monster. I finished the first island last night, made good progress on my own island, and got a good start exploring the mines on the second island. I may end up playing only this until Nioh 2 comes out on March 13th.

Glad you're liking it! I agree with what you said earlier that it definitely scratches a similar itch as Stardew, as opposed to being Minecraft with a DQ skin on top of it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#187 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:05 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:It's a good thing I've had a breeze of a work week because I don't think I've stopped playing DQB2 until at least 12:30 am every night. MiG you were right about the length of the game. Good god it's a monster. I finished the first island last night, made good progress on my own island, and got a good start exploring the mines on the second island. I may end up playing only this until Nioh 2 comes out on March 13th.

Glad you're liking it! I agree with what you said earlier that it definitely scratches a similar itch as Stardew, as opposed to being Minecraft with a DQ skin on top of it.

The entire chapter 2 with Babs and the dancing girls creeped me the hell out.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#188 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:00 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

The entire chapter 2 with Babs and the dancing girls creeped me the hell out.

Very JRPG. I was pulling for the rock monster to win, which seemed like the least-creepy possibility.

Man, you're flying through!
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#189 » by REDDzone » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:19 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

Is the first one good? DQB.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#190 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:36 pm

REDDzone wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Good but not as good. The mechanics for building are a bit clunkier, the world building isn't as smooth/you can't go back to old builds, and the campaign isn't as fun. I think it's more 7/10 than 9.5/10. The transition from DQB to DQB2 was moving from a solid game into a AAA or near-AAA title IMO.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#191 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:44 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Good but not as good. The mechanics for building are a bit clunkier, the world building isn't as smooth/you can't go back to old builds, and the campaign isn't as fun. I think it's more 7/10 than 9.5/10. The transition from DQB to DQB2 was moving from a solid game into a AAA or near-AAA title IMO.

I despised the prison chapter and couldn't wait to get back to the island. I'm a couple hours into the castle island and I thought it was absurdly hard for a while, but I've got infinite mats and once those spikes go down the whole thing is so much better. I'm liking the level a lot.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#192 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Feb 4, 2020 10:22 pm

Gonna have to give GeForce Now a test on the Macbook this week. I've been dying to play Disco Elysium.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#193 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 8, 2020 2:43 am

MikeIsGood wrote:

Finished the main story tonight. What a wonderful little (completely HUGE) game. Despite what has to be over 100 hours in this I'm still no where near sick of it.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#194 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Feb 8, 2020 4:06 pm

Last week I bought DQB2 on Steam and have probably played for 7 hours or so, I'm helping out with tasks on Furrowfield. I don't want to spoil the game but is there a point where I get to build my own stuff (similar to Stardew) on that first island? I just don't want to waste a bunch of time building stuff on Furrowfield if it's just a temporary location.

This game is so cute/adorable.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#195 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Feb 8, 2020 4:15 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Last week I bought DQB2 on Steam and have probably played for 7 hours or so, I'm helping out with tasks on Furrowfield. I don't want to spoil the game but is there a point where I get to build my own stuff (similar to Stardew) on that first island? I just don't want to waste a bunch of time building stuff on Furrowfield if it's just a temporary location.

This game is so cute/adorable.

Yes.

Also, depending upon how you look at it I guess, building on Furrowfield is not a waste of time. You'll be there for 20-30 hours. It's not a quick stop.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#196 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Feb 8, 2020 4:19 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Finished the main story tonight. What a wonderful little (completely HUGE) game. Despite what has to be over 100 hours in this I'm still no where near sick of it.

I figured it would be up your alley. Glad you picked it up!
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#197 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Grim Dawn has a mod for playing Diablo 2 (in GD). Can't wait to check it out, but decided I wanted to finally try to do a full runthrough of the GD campaign first. I stopped last time when the new (at the time) POE league dropped, but now I think I'm truly done both for this league and the next, so a solid 4+ month break (mostly for FF7R in April).

More info on the mod: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-reign-of-terror/35347
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,618

Post#198 » by Matches Malone » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:43 pm

Welp... idk how it happened but I've been playing Overwatch non-stop lately. I'm not usually a competitive FPS kind of gamer, but It's a fun game when you have a group of friends to play with.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#199 » by WRau1 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:10 pm

Grim Dawn is one of my all-time favorites. Think I've said that a few times in here, though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#200 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:27 pm

WRau1 wrote:Grim Dawn is one of my all-time favorites. Think I've said that a few times in here, though.

You're why I picked it up initially.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks