OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,043

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#41 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:56 pm

This would be categorically stupid but I might pick up the new AC collection for the Switch. Has Black Flag, Rogue (which I never played) and the single player DLC.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#42 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:11 pm

My ps4 controller took a dump last week. The left analog stick no longer moved up (which is generally forwards in games) so pretty much a dealbreaker. Luckily, literally the day it happened, I found a sale on dualshock controllers for $27 which seems like a good deal. I'm still waiting on it though a week later and am fiending to get back to my PS4 lol.

Never had a backup because I've had playstations since PS1 and never had a controller fail on me before.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#43 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:50 pm

Uematsu you sick madman, you did it again.

The violin at the 0.55 mark gets me all the time, crazy feels
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#44 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:29 am

Magic Giannison wrote:

Uematsu you sick madman, you did it again.

The violin at the 0.55 mark gets me all the time, crazy feels

This is great - really appropriate update for a modern game while still paying respect to the original and evoking nostalgia.

The official FF7 soundtrack was my most played album on Spotify this year, lol. Anxious Heart and the Main Theme are my absolute favorites. I love that music so god damn much.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#45 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:33 am

Ok, it's beautiful, but I don't like the FF7R version of the Main Theme as much as the previous orchestral version.

Haven't heard the full thing yet, though, so there's still time :)
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#46 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:24 am

Balance Manifesto! Matt, have you reviewed yet? Melee was basically frozen solid, taken to the top of the empire state building, and dropped onto the street. I don't play melee really so it doesn't affect me at all, but holy ****.

I think I'll be playing either Arc or Ice Shot. Both got nice buffs. Arc is possibly my favorite skill, and Ice Shot I have not played but looks really intriguing. I think Arc will be more meta, and therefore possibly more expensive, but Arc is also pretty easy to equip into to at least yellow maps.

Was really hoping SST would get buffed a bit. It's solid as is, but far from elite.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:16 pm

PoE was so intimidating when I first thought I'd give it a shot I never went back. :/
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#48 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:22 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:PoE was so intimidating when I first thought I'd give it a shot I never went back. :/

An understandable sentiment. It was a lot of work to feel like I understood what I was doing.

To avoid any confusion, though you may have already known this and just responded regardless, I meant BMatt07 in my post :P I wish you could tag people.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#49 » by crkone » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:10 pm

If you didn't get a free Google Home Mini last year from Spotify for Christmas you can get one this year. Also you can get a free Nest Mini if you have Project Fi.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:29 pm

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#51 » by jschligs » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:09 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:This would be categorically stupid but I might pick up the new AC collection for the Switch. Has Black Flag, Rogue (which I never played) and the single player DLC.

One thing I'll say about ports on the Switch (except for Skyrim) is that they run poorly and don't look great at all. if you can get past that you're good, but Overwatch and The Witcher 3 have been let downs for me.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,645

Post#52 » by Matches Malone » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Has anyone here played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? Thinking about picking up a switch to play it.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#53 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:34 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:PoE was so intimidating when I first thought I'd give it a shot I never went back. :/

An understandable sentiment. It was a lot of work to feel like I understood what I was doing.

To avoid any confusion, though you may have already known this and just responded regardless, I meant BMatt07 in my post :P I wish you could tag people.

Im downloading the Poe again and getting ready for the new league, i didnt like the blight much and the tower defense gameplay but next league should be damn good
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#54 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:52 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Im downloading the Poe again and getting ready for the new league, i didnt like the blight much and the tower defense gameplay but next league should be damn good

I didnt know and/or didn't recall that you played, as well. Excellent. Do you have a build in mind?
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#55 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:23 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I didnt know and/or didn't recall that you played, as well. Excellent. Do you have a build in mind?

Beta tester here !!

Im gonna probably start with Caustic Arrow Ranger as starter and see how the new bow buffs are along otherwise i might switch later on to some more strong builds for bosses, i miss my old Molter strike juggernaut hahaha
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:44 pm

I'm excited. Control is down to $25 at Gamestop and I'm finally picking it up today.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,139

Post#57 » by BMatt07 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:59 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Balance Manifesto! Matt, have you reviewed yet? Melee was basically frozen solid, taken to the top of the empire state building, and dropped onto the street. I don't play melee really so it doesn't affect me at all, but holy ****.

I think I'll be playing either Arc or Ice Shot. Both got nice buffs. Arc is possibly my favorite skill, and Ice Shot I have not played but looks really intriguing. I think Arc will be more meta, and therefore possibly more expensive, but Arc is also pretty easy to equip into to at least yellow maps.

Was really hoping SST would get buffed a bit. It's solid as is, but far from elite.

Yeah melee was absolutely butchered, lol. There's a lot of angry individuals on Reddit POE, that's for damn sure.

Nice to see Arc get a buff again, I played Arc a few leagues ago when that was the meta build, and it was so damn fun. The chaining was off the charts, you'd cast Arc and you'd kill everything 3-4 screens over, it was glorious. Most fun I've ever had with a build.

I'm going to start with Explosive Arrow I think for my starter build, not sure what I'm going to do after that quite yet.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#58 » by crkone » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:11 am

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |