ImageImage

Bucks News, Trades and Transactions - KOC says Bucks interest in Markieff Morris, pg75

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,870

Re: Bucks News, Trades and Transactions - KOC says Bucks interest in Markieff Morris, pg75 

Post#1961 » by Plossum » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:48 am

drew881 wrote:
crkone wrote:https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/do-great-regular-seasons-matter-anymore-in-the-nba-asking-for-a-friend-in-milwaukee/

But as other NBA analysts such as Seth Partnow and Kostya Medvedovsky have pointed out, a team’s regular-season point differential can be distorted by blowout wins and generally feasting on bad opponents. Indeed, the Bucks have a much better per-game scoring margin against teams that are below-average in point differential (+16.3) than they do against teams with a positive net differential (+4.6), even after crushing the Sixers this week. Compared with other great scoring-margin teams through 51 games, that 11.7-PPG gap by the level of competition is extremely large … and that +4.6 differential against “good” teams is also quite low.
Should we consider this team to be on the same level as, say, the 1996 Bulls, or even the 73-win Warriors from just a few seasons ago? In some ways, that will hinge on how far Milwaukee can go in the playoffs (and we give the Bucks an 18 percent chance of winning it all, behind the Clippers’ 22 percent and the Lakers’ 20 percent). Right or wrong, that is the way any team will ultimately be judged in 2020. But as a byproduct, it also downplays the greatness of all 82 games that came before the postseason, no matter how transcendent the brand of basketball Milwaukee has been playing all year long.

Well I guess if they can get the presidential election right then I know that I can trust them...

That year one team of the Warriors with Durant might be the best ever NBA team.
#LockUpChuck
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Re: Bucks News, Trades and Transactions - KOC says Bucks interest in Markieff Morris, pg75 

Post#1962 » by wallus » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:51 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Don't think Williams would choose us. Less money and less playing time than other places most likely.

I have a gut feeling that he will choose the Bucks.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Post#1963 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:54 am

wallus wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Don't think Williams would choose us. Less money and less playing time than other places most likely.

I have a gut feeling that he will choose the Bucks.

The Bucks are officially ground zero for Ring Chancers. It's amazing.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#1964 » by tedbrogen » Sat Feb 8, 2020 8:13 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Great move, in 2016. He's a corpse now, pass.

At the very most, slow play it, to see if Harkless becomes available.

Everybody wanted Covington, I think Harkless has quietly passed him.

Marvin Williams has actually aged really well.

Yeah I won't deny that. He's had a heck of a run until this year. The issue is that what he's good at now overlaps with Ersan, so Marvin just doesn't really add anything.

Teams run Ersan off the floor with small ball lineups, this covers that. Or when Ersan forgets how to shoot randomly, this covers that.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#1965 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:31 pm

Wonder if they'll bring back Fraiser for April on a 2 way

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,578

Post#1966 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Feb 8, 2020 2:06 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
Marvin Williams has actually aged really well.

Yeah I won't deny that. He's had a heck of a run until this year. The issue is that what he's good at now overlaps with Ersan, so Marvin just doesn't really add anything.

Teams run Ersan off the floor with small ball lineups, this covers that. Or when Ersan forgets how to shoot randomly, this covers that.

At this point in his career, Williams in no quicker. He's poor man's Ersan now.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks