ImageImage

Bucks News, Trades and Transactions - KOC says Bucks interest in Markieff Morris, pg75

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Re: Bucks News, Trades and Transactions - KOC says Bucks interest in Markieff Morris, pg75 

Post#1941 » by TroyD92 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 8:41 pm

Harkless could take all of Korver minutes
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,484

Bucks News, Trades and Transactions - KOC says Bucks interest in Markieff Morris, pg75 

Post#1942 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 8:42 pm

That’s interesting, but I feel like we have enough wins and some pretty good ones over the elite teams in the nba for us to be considered good lol. I’ll take being the least dominant 70 win pace team ever. I bet we’re the only one with one hall of famer on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Re: Bucks News, Trades and Transactions - KOC says Bucks interest in Markieff Morris, pg75 

Post#1943 » by glenn » Fri Feb 7, 2020 8:42 pm

wallus wrote:Do those stats take into account how little our starters play compared to other teams?

I doubt it. Here’s a quote speculating why other teams don’t have a similar differential, ignoring how few minutes the Bucks’ main guys play:

Perhaps more teams could do this, but they don’t — whether because of load management or other mechanisms of pacing oneself for the playoffs.
:reporter:
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#1944 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 7, 2020 8:52 pm

glenn wrote:
wallus wrote:Do those stats take into account how little our starters play compared to other teams?

I doubt it. Here’s a quote speculating why other teams don’t have a similar differential, ignoring how few minutes the Bucks’ main guys play:

Perhaps more teams could do this, but they don’t — whether because of load management or other mechanisms of pacing oneself for the playoffs.

Our starters have played 51.9% minutes this year so far, for comparison sake the 73 win Golden State team starters played 60.1% of the total minutes on the season.

The 71 bucks played 74.1% for additional comparison. The reason is absolutely load management in my opinion. Kareem played almost 10 more minutes a night than Giannis is right now.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1945 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Feb 7, 2020 10:35 pm

I'd take Evan Turner over Brown for the stretch run.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1946 » by LuessiT » Fri Feb 7, 2020 11:24 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I'd take Evan Turner over Brown for the stretch run.

I'd absolutely love Turner. He's also a very physical defender when he wants to.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#1947 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 7, 2020 11:29 pm

I don't think that anyone seriously believes that we're the 96 Bulls or the 2016-2018 KD-Steph Warriors. Shocking analysis, I know.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#1948 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:17 am

SIGN MARVIN WILLIAMS

Drop Dragan
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#1949 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:18 am

Don't think Williams would choose us. Less money and less playing time than other places most likely.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#1950 » by drew881 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:20 am

crkone wrote:https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/do-great-regular-seasons-matter-anymore-in-the-nba-asking-for-a-friend-in-milwaukee/

But as other NBA analysts such as Seth Partnow and Kostya Medvedovsky have pointed out, a team’s regular-season point differential can be distorted by blowout wins and generally feasting on bad opponents. Indeed, the Bucks have a much better per-game scoring margin against teams that are below-average in point differential (+16.3) than they do against teams with a positive net differential (+4.6), even after crushing the Sixers this week. Compared with other great scoring-margin teams through 51 games, that 11.7-PPG gap by the level of competition is extremely large … and that +4.6 differential against “good” teams is also quite low.
Should we consider this team to be on the same level as, say, the 1996 Bulls, or even the 73-win Warriors from just a few seasons ago? In some ways, that will hinge on how far Milwaukee can go in the playoffs (and we give the Bucks an 18 percent chance of winning it all, behind the Clippers’ 22 percent and the Lakers’ 20 percent). Right or wrong, that is the way any team will ultimately be judged in 2020. But as a byproduct, it also downplays the greatness of all 82 games that came before the postseason, no matter how transcendent the brand of basketball Milwaukee has been playing all year long.

Well I guess if they can get the presidential election right then I know that I can trust them...
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#1951 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Feb 8, 2020 1:30 am

BroncoBuck wrote:SIGN MARVIN WILLIAMS

Drop Dragan

Great move, in 2016. He's a corpse now, pass.

At the very most, slow play it, to see if Harkless becomes available.

Everybody wanted Covington, I think Harkless has quietly passed him.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#1952 » by awd4cy » Sat Feb 8, 2020 2:01 am

I’d take Marvin Williams to replace Dragan, but honestly what’s the point.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#1953 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Feb 8, 2020 2:10 am

Here's a stat: Out of 13 teams in NBA history with 67 wins or more, 9 of them won the ring that year.

The remaining 4 are:
- The 73W Warriors, lost in the finals
- 1973 Celtics, lost in ECF
- 2007 Mavs, lost in the 1st round to GS who then lost to Utah who then lost to San Antonio. Shocking upset.
- 2016 Spurs, lost in the 2nd round to OKC who then lost to GS in the WCF. Duncan's last year, peak Durant/Westbrook.

Bottom line: it's really rare these very good RS teams don't win it all or at least make it to the Finals.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#1954 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Feb 8, 2020 2:17 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:

Drop Dragan

Marvin Williams has actually aged really well.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#1955 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Feb 8, 2020 2:21 am

So so weird to be a Bucks fan, and happy the team stayed pat at the deadline. Literally has never been the case for me. I feel good with where we are right now. And dare I say, I have total trust in Horst.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#1956 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Feb 8, 2020 2:27 am

For all the OMG-Play-Offs-are-so-different talk, NBA play offs are historically very predictable: good teams all year kick butt in the play offs. Simple. There are some exceptions but you can usually see it a mile away, like some Lebron and Kawhi led teams coasting.

People forget that last year the Raptors were also an incredible regular season team and only finished 2 games behind us, mostly because (you guessed it) Kawhi was taking games off and half-assing the games he actually played. So two incredible regular season teams made it to the ECF and one of them made it through. Really simple.

The Bucks are making the Finals this year.
Anything else would be a massive upset. And once they make the finals it's not a sure thing because (you guessed it again) Kawhi is half-assing the regular season so we don't really know yet what these Clippers are worth.
Lebron, strangely, is not halfassing his regular season for whatever reason this year.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#1957 » by JayMKE » Sat Feb 8, 2020 2:43 am

There just nobody I'm really interested in
FREE GIANNIS
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#1958 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:15 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Drop Dragan

Marvin Williams has actually aged really well.

Yeah I won't deny that. He's had a heck of a run until this year. The issue is that what he's good at now overlaps with Ersan, so Marvin just doesn't really add anything.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,359

Post#1959 » by MoreTrife » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:37 am

glenn wrote:

Yeah what a sloppy quote by the writer. Pissed me off.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#1960 » by Perishable517 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:38 am

Pachinko_ wrote:For all the OMG-Play-Offs-are-so-different talk, NBA play offs are historically very predictable: good teams all year kick butt in the play offs. Simple. There are some exceptions but you can usually see it a mile away, like some Lebron and Kawhi led teams coasting.

People forget that last year the Raptors were also an incredible regular season team and only finished 2 games behind us, mostly because (you guessed it) Kawhi was taking games off and half-assing the games he actually played. So two incredible regular season teams made it to the ECF and one of them made it through. Really simple.

The Bucks are making the Finals this year.
Anything else would be a massive upset. And once they make the finals it's not a sure thing because (you guessed it again) Kawhi is half-assing the regular season so we don't really know yet what these Clippers are worth.
Lebron, strangely, is not halfassing his regular season for whatever reason this year.
Very well said.

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks