ImageImage

Bucks News, Trades and Transactions - KOC says Bucks interest in Markieff Morris, pg75

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,827

Re: Bucks News, Trades and Transactions 

Post#681 » by tydett » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:51 am

Oh ****, he's definitely talking about Christian Wood
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#682 » by soxperry » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:13 am

tydett wrote:Don't know if anyone saw the story about Giannis in the wiretap, but in it, Bud said the following

"We’re so fortunate to have the roster that we do. (General manager Jon Horst) did just an amazing job. And I think it’s just their character that helps. I mean, we’ve had a couple of duds. We’re not totally immune to it. But by and large, it’s an impressive group.”

Who you guys got for the duds? Thon? Snell? Brogdon?

The way i read that is that he's talking about games we have lost this year.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#683 » by steger_3434 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:57 am

We have to go 21-16 to match last seasons regular season record. Would you guys be worried, going into the playoffs, if we finished 22-15 even though we were better record wise than last year?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Post#684 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:03 am

steger_3434 wrote:We have to go 21-16 to match last seasons regular season record. Would you guys be worried, going into the playoffs, if we finished 22-15 even though we were better record wise than last year?

Unless it is related to injuries, then yes, of course.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,739

Post#685 » by emunney » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:18 am

soxperry wrote:
tydett wrote:Don't know if anyone saw the story about Giannis in the wiretap, but in it, Bud said the following

"We’re so fortunate to have the roster that we do. (General manager Jon Horst) did just an amazing job. And I think it’s just their character that helps. I mean, we’ve had a couple of duds. We’re not totally immune to it. But by and large, it’s an impressive group.”

Yep, there's no question he's talking about bad games as duds. I prefer to think he was talking about guys on this year's team.

"Don't get me wrong, a couple of these guys--I won't say which--are VERY bad. Just absolute **** ass losers. Dumb too."
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,827

Post#686 » by tydett » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:06 am

emunney wrote:
soxperry wrote:

Yep, there's no question he's talking about bad games as duds. I prefer to think he was talking about guys on this year's team.

"Don't get me wrong, a couple of these guys--I won't say which--are VERY bad. Just absolute **** ass losers. Dumb too."

"Now, one of our guys, let's just call him Berling Strown, is so dumb he wouldn't even be able to figure out if I rearranged some consonants from his name."

"But then again, some are really smart, since Ersan still has people believing that is his actual name."
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#687 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:10 am

Bud is super careful with how he talks about players to the media, which had been very refreshing after the Jason Kidd years. No chance he was calling anyone a dud. If he doesn’t like someone he’ll silently ship them outta town & speak glowingly about their character.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#688 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:13 am

I wonder what Dallas thinks of DJ Wilson now that Powell’s down for the year. Can’t imagine Carlisle being super high on him but they could certainly use the best version of what Wilson showed last season. Dallas has Golden State’s super valuable early 2nd rounder. I’d do that + Broekhoff in a second & waive the Australian marksmen if something better popped up on the buyout market. Unfortunately DJ likely doesn’t have enough value.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#689 » by soxperry » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:29 am

steger_3434 wrote:We have to go 21-16 to match last seasons regular season record. Would you guys be worried, going into the playoffs, if we finished 22-15 even though we were better record wise than last year?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah, that's not happening. **** would have to go REALLY bad on the injury front. If Giannis went down tomorrow I think we would still finish better than that.

East is locked. The Lakers are barely hanging on.
Bucksfan82
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#690 » by Bucksfan82 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:50 am

Blazers
Middleton
Beal

Wizards
B.Lopez
Bledsoe
Donte

Bucks
Lillard
Bertans
Whiteside

I would do that in the summer (it works in trade machine) if we fall short this year.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#691 » by Sigra » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:21 am

I watched a lot of Bucks games last few weeks. I am really really concerned that our basketball is regular season basketball and not playoff basketball. Shoot as early as possible, if possible in fast break but if not then 3 pointer. That offense will not work in playoffs I am afraid. Defense is "protect paint and passing lines-let them shot 3s". That also work in regular season but may not work in playoffs.

I dont think we have good personal for slow/set defense playoff games. Nobody is going to bother to play that basketball in regular season but in playoffs team will play slow peace. They will slow it down. They will protect 3 point line better (nobody does that in regular season). And in slow peace/set defense playoff basketball we dont have talent one on one. Our main player can be stopped easy in playoff because he cant shoot. Look at our offense guys. Seriously. We attack:
1. fast breaks after good defense (let them shoot 3s defense that work so well for us)
2. early going inside (antetokoumpo or Blodsey) before defense is 100% set
3. As soon as someone can shoot 3s and there is a lot of opportunity for that because nobody defend 3s a lot in regular season.

Very very rare that we attack set defense one on one inside or anything. Some Middleton iso or Lopez iso but that is so rare.

We are great great regular season team. One of the best I ever saw. Our coach made incredible regular season system. But I am so scared it will not work in playoffs. Well, it will in 1st round and probably 2nd round too (because east is so bad) but then...

I am so sad when I think about that because I see so many happy people here now. and I can clearly see disappointment when we lose in playoffs. :(
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Post#692 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Sigra wrote:I watched a lot of Bucks games last few weeks. I am really really concerned that our basketball is regular season basketball and not playoff basketball. Shoot as early as possible, if possible in fast break but if not then 3 pointer. That offense will not work in playoffs I am afraid. Defense is "protect paint and passing lines-let them shot 3s". That also work in regular season but may not work in playoffs.

I dont think we have good personal for slow/set defense playoff games. Nobody is going to bother to play that basketball in regular season but in playoffs team will play slow peace. They will slow it down. They will protect 3 point line better (nobody does that in regular season). And in slow peace/set defense playoff basketball we dont have talent one on one. Our main player can be stopped easy in playoff because he cant shoot. Look at our offense guys. Seriously. We attack:
1. fast breaks after good defense (let them shoot 3s defense that work so well for us)
2. early going inside (antetokoumpo or Blodsey) before defense is 100% set
3. As soon as someone can shoot 3s and there is a lot of opportunity for that because nobody defend 3s a lot in regular season.

Very very rare that we attack set defense one on one inside or anything. Some Middleton iso or Lopez iso but that is so rare.

We are great great regular season team. One of the best I ever saw. Our coach made incredible regular season system. But I am so scared it will not work in playoffs. Well, it will in 1st round and probably 2nd round too (because east is so bad) but then...

I am so sad when I think about that because I see so many happy people here now. and I can clearly see disappointment when we lose in playoffs. :(

Ok... what should the organization do about that? Make a trade? Change styles?
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#693 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Our supposedly bad playoff systems started last year's playoffs 10-1 and was like one shot or one call going another way from winning the title last year. Just because we didn't win it doesn't mean we couldn't and if we lose this year it also doesn't mean this team and system can't. It's part of not being an overwhelming GSW or LBJ Mia favorite team. You're going to face another team that also could win it and it's a 50/50 series that could go either way, that's not a grand indictment on the team that loses.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#694 » by Sigra » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:26 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:Ok... what should the organization do about that? Make a trade? Change styles?

They will do nothing. This coach made such a great regular season system that it will be impossible for the organization to do anything now. I mean, who would dare to change anything in team that is having maybe 3rd best regular season of all time.

And after so many bad seasons in Milwaukee, this is great to watch no meter how it finish.

I remember maybe 10 years ago when we talked about how great would it be to watch contender in Milwaukee even if they never win it. I think the example was Utah Jazz with Stockton and Malone. How people in Utah had opportunity to watch great basketball and how that is great itself even if they never won it. I think most of us agreed that it would be great for us too.

What we should do is get (trade for) one on one creator who can shoot. And we should practice playoff basketball during regular season. You know, isolation and post up insteed of "shoot as early as posible 3 pointers". I know this system win in regular season. But I have such a bad feeling for playoffs. We will not be ready for playoff basketball because we play "run and gun" basketball all damn season.

We also dont have close games where we can practice how to play in close games. When we face close games in playoffs we will be in new territory. We will not know what to do then because we are wining easy almost all games.

But, as I said, this has its value too. And I am fighting with myself should I write any of this. Bucks fans are happy right now. I should just shut up and let them be happy. And hope I am wrong.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#695 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:41 pm

Sigra wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:Ok... what should the organization do about that? Make a trade? Change styles?

They will do nothing. This coach made such a great regular season system that it will be impossible for the organization to do anything now. I mean, who would dare to change anything in team that is having maybe 3rd best regular season of all time.

And after so many bad seasons in Milwaukee, this is great to watch no meter how it finish.

I remember maybe 10 years ago when we talked about how great would it be to watch contender in Milwaukee even if they never win it. I think the example was Utah Jazz with Stockton and Malone. How people in Utah had opportunity to watch great basketball and how that is great itself even if they never won it. I think most of us agreed that it would be great for us too.

What we should do is get (trade for) one on one creator who can shoot. And we should practice playoff basketball during regular season. You know, isolation and post up insteed of "shoot as early as posible 3 pointers". I know this system win in regular season. But I have such a bad feeling for playoffs. We will not be ready for playoff basketball because we play "run and gun" basketball all damn season.

But, as I said, this has its value too. And I am fighting with myself should I write any of this. Bucks fans are happy right now. I should just shut up and let them be happy.

Good to see Sigra watching Bucks games and posting.

I share some of your concerns as well. Bucks should go for another scorer and guy who can break down a defense and/or create a shot in the halfcourt at the deadline. These guys are hard to acquire though.

I can't find the tweet, but I saw something yesterday that Bucks have second best halfcourt offense in the last month.

So, that's an encouraging sign.

There definitely is an issue come playoffs when Bucks are firing up shots (and they don't go in) and give the other team the ball back quickly. Not sure if that's something Bud can adjust for. I'd just like to see Brook maybe stop taking so many 30 foot three's and maybe step it in a couple feet to improve his percentages.

Giannis 3pt shot development and his midrange jumpers are new weapons for this years playoffs. Hopefully he comes thru well enough to adjust the defense. My main concern for personnel is Bledsoe. My main x-factor for this year is Donte. If he can bring what he's doing now into the playoffs, that's another weapon we did not have last year.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#696 » by crkone » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#697 » by raferfenix » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:04 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:My main x-factor for this year is Donte. If he can bring what he's doing now into the playoffs, that's another weapon we did not have last year.

Agreed Donte is a significant x-factor.

That's especially considering Wes is our weakest starter, and if Bledsoe falls apart, our whole guard rotation starts looking pretty pedestrian. Whether Donte looks more like a typical 2nd year guy from the late first round as opposed to a young Manu kind of sparkplug could be the difference.

I'm also starting to think that whether Korver can hold down the backup SF spot as a sniper off the bench could come into play now that it appears he's settling back into Bud's system. If he can find the fountain of youth for a stretch in the playoffs we'd be less reliant on Connaughton or Sterling or acquisition TBD to do so.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,739

Post#698 » by emunney » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:07 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I wonder what Dallas thinks of DJ Wilson now that Powell’s down for the year. Can’t imagine Carlisle being super high on him but they could certainly use the best version of what Wilson showed last season. Dallas has Golden State’s super valuable early 2nd rounder. I’d do that + Broekhoff in a second & waive the Australian marksmen if something better popped up on the buyout market. Unfortunately DJ likely doesn’t have enough value.

Dallas may be the one team in the league deeper than us. I think they just absorb Powell's minutes with their existing guys. Maybe Roby even gets a look; he's similar to DJ.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#699 » by -Jragon- » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:09 pm

Sigra wrote:

We also dont have close games where we can practice how to play in close games. When we face close games in playoffs we will be in new territory. We will not know what to do then because we are wining easy almost all games.

But, as I said, this has its value too. And I am fighting with myself should I write any of this. Bucks fans are happy right now. I should just shut up and let them be happy. And hope I am wrong.

Nah, we were a Fred Van Pleet away from winning a championship last year and now we have two. Korver and new George Hill. Plus Giannis is working on that paint fadeaway. If we get 80% of normal Bledsoe we should be fine with this system in the playoffs.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#700 » by FrieAaron » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:18 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
There definitely is an issue come playoffs when Bucks are firing up shots (and they don't go in) and give the other team the ball back quickly. Not sure if that's something Bud can adjust for.

I think this is something we've already started adjusting for by running post ups and midrange plays way more for Giannis, Brook, Robin and Midds. In game 1 versus the Rockets we very well lose that game if we didn't start going to Brook in the post down the stretch.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks