ImageImage

PG Celtics - Bucks Cruise to 5th Straight

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Re: PG Celtics - Bucks Cruise to 5th Straight 

Post#341 » by HKPackFan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:43 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Here's some reading material for this who are having a hard time with this. :lol: I accept your apologies.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1641121-how-a-crowd-can-swing-an-nba-playoff-game

This article reminded me of something.
I've never played a sport in front of a crowd.

But a few years ago I challenged myself to run a half marathon. I had less than 4 months to train.

When I started I couldn't run more than a 100 meters.

Finally a couple weeks before the race I was able to slow jog 15km, my max, still a ways from the 21+km.

I had an experienced running partner slow jog with me and I got exhausted by 16km, I didn't want to go anymore but he can kept pushing me to keep going until around 19km and I wanted to stop. Then, the last 1-2km was near the city and there were hundreds of people cheering all the runners. They looked directly at you and cheered you on and said stuff like keep going you are almost there, you can do it, it's around the corner! Stuff like that.

It got pretty loud the last kilometer and the cheering crowd kept me going, I fed off that crowd and literally collapsed 10 feet after the finish line.

I know it's anecdotal, but for me it made a difference. I was doubting myself a lot that last bit, and I saw some people give up in that last 2km stretch, and then I was like... How do you just give up with all these people cheering you on?

I can only imagine the euphoria and adrenaline from an entire arena going crazy pumping you up and cheering you on.
#FreeChuckDiesel
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#342 » by M-C-G » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:00 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Here's some reading material for this who are having a hard time with this. :lol: I accept your apologies.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1641121-how-a-crowd-can-swing-an-nba-playoff-game

Umm, I have been to a lot of playoff games in the last couple of years, and it is inconceivable to me how anyone would complain about the energy at those games.

The only games where the crowd has been dull has literally been in games where Middleton, Brook and Bledsoe shoot 3/42 from 3 and we lose to the Suns, Magic or pre Luka Mavericks.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#343 » by M-C-G » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:Even if you think crowd noise doesn't matter:
A. Giannis plays with the dark side of the force, so it clearly matters to him
B. Having a bad crowd is one more data point distinguishing us as a second class market. We don't have Hollywood stars at the games, we can at least provide some semblance of a college atmosphere.
C. It beyond a shadow of a doubt affects officiating and can cause the visiting team to press.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

A. Until Giannis has a giant illuminati eyeball tatooed on his forehead, he is a **** Jedi my friend!
B. I was told during San Antonio's run of dominance they had an educated crowd, which often laid dormant most the game, now that they suck, guys like Chris Weber talk about how passionate their fans were....it's all bull
C. I agree the officiating is impacted, as a friend of mine use to say, they are human and what human wants 10,000 people hating them instead of cheering for them

With regards to B. I've seen no evidence of having a 'bad crowd'...frankly I just reject the argument because I think it is being made by people that don't actually go to games or perpetuated by people in foreign countries where if you don't sacrifice a live animal and throw it on the court, you aren't a 'real fan'
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#344 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:08 pm

HKPackFan wrote:

But a few years ago I challenged myself to run a half marathon. I had less than 4 months to train.

Finally a couple weeks before the race I was able to slow jog 15km, my max, still a ways from the 21+km.

I had an experienced running partner slow jog with me and I got exhausted by 16km, I didn't want to go anymore but he can kept pushing me to keep going until around 19km and I wanted to stop. Then, the last 1-2km was near the city and there were hundreds of people cheering all the runners. They looked directly at you and cheered you on and said stuff like keep going you are almost there, you can do it, it's around the corner! Stuff like that.

It got pretty loud the last kilometer and the cheering crowd kept me going, I fed off that crowd and literally collapsed 10 feet after the finish line.

I know it's anecdotal, but for me it made a difference. I was doubting myself a lot that last bit, and I saw some people give up in that last 2km stretch, and then I was like... How do you just give up with all these people cheering you on?

I can only imagine the euphoria and adrenaline from an entire arena going crazy pumping you up and cheering you on.
Exactly. It's just common sense. Like I said, these guys saying crowd doesn't matter have never played organised sports before. And I question how much they actually watch sports, because athletes throughout the years have talked about the impact of their home crowds giving them a boost, etc.

Just lots of ignorance in here, that's all. And for those who say the Fiserv crowd is loud is 100% wrong. I have no idea what those people are comparing it to. Maybe they just don't wanna admit that our new arena and newfound fans sound like a morgue. They're offended that someone would say something bad about it. Like I said, even Webber noticed it and bashed them. And some wanna use the excuse "it's loud at the games, it's just not translating to the TV". BS. Other games on TV you can hear the crowd. And you can SEE the fans at the Fiserv just siting there motionless with their mouths closed at moments they should be making noise.

But it's to the point now in the argument where they know they're wrong (plenty of proof has been presented now in this thread) and they're too stubborn to admit it.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,772

Post#345 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:16 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

Exactly. It's just common sense. Like I said, these guys saying crowd doesn't matter have never played organised sports before. And I question how much they actually watch sports, because athletes throughout the years have talked about the impact of their home crowds giving them a boost, etc.

Just lots of ignorance in here, that's all. And for those who say the Fiserv crowd is loud is 100% wrong. I have no idea what those people are comparing it to. Maybe they just don't wanna admit that our new arena and newfound fans sound like a morgue. They're offended that someone would say something bad about it. Like I said, even Webber noticed it and bashed them. And some wanna use the excuse "it's loud at the games, it's just not translating to the TV". BS. Other games on TV you can hear the crowd. And you can SEE the fans at the Fiserv just siting there motionless with their mouths closed at moments they should be making noise.

But it's to the point now in the argument where they know they're wrong (plenty of proof has been presented now in this thread) and they're too stubborn to admit it.

What is the Bucks home record?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,402

Post#346 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:21 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

There is no right or wrong here. It's subjective. To say otherwise and say people are ignorant is disingenuous.

Time to move on from this.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,402

Post#347 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:33 pm

As I said an hour ago, it's time to move on. Everyone got their opinions in on the crowd. Many times.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#348 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:44 pm

So how about that Middleton
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak

Return to Milwaukee Bucks