PG Bulls - Giannis, Mids, Bucks Roll to 7th Straight

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,126

Re: PG Bulls - Giannis, Mids, Bucks Roll to 7th Straight 

Post#81 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:41 pm

truly wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Fun game, Giannis out here **** around trying out moves and casually killing guys. 10,000 points!!

I am so confused by his touch.Yesterday that lefty hook was so smooth but other times he throws up bricks...

And 3 pt shooting comes around while FT shooting regresses. FTs are gonna rear their head in the playoffs for him. Would love to see him shoot over 70% from here on out this year but it's not looking good

Loving the addition of the little fader type things when he gets walled off a few feet from the hoop. Been waiting for that addition for a while and I got ripped on here last year for saying it since it's midrange, 3s only!!!
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#82 » by ibanezjp » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:44 pm

Coach Carter wrote:That Giannis fade could be unguardable, i'm excite

Yes this is the biggest takeaway from this game. Has me very excited for it being a Giannis wall beater in the playoffs.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#83 » by leroyjw10 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:45 pm

blazza18 wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:It has to be 99% mental. I also think his FT routine is awful with four million dribbles and him holding the ball chest high as opposed to bringing the shot up from the core like you would a jumper.

Having no consistent rhythm and having that get to him is probably the best explanation of why he's a mess this season. Just a guess and there is likely more going on there as well. Hopefully he can sort himself out.

He's absolutely going to need to work it out. It cost the team at least one game (if not the series) against Toronto last year and might be the cause of a few more losses this postseason. It boggles my mind that no one on the coaching staff has fixed his FT routine. He's so obviously in his own head, and the longer he takes to shoot, the deeper he'll get into it.

I still look back at that road game against the Clips where he shot 14-18 with this high-arching FT. I don't think he's shot like that since and I don't understand why. He just continues to shoot these flat FTs that barely get above the rim.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,567

Post#84 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:54 pm

Yeah, I'm not really sure why he keeps putting zero arc on his FT's. Especially considering he seems to be hitting everything else lately with no problem. Some guys can get away with that shot-put motion and still be great shooters (Kawhi), but it's just a basic fundamental thing that he needs to figure out. Can't have him being Ben Wallace at the FT line when the playoffs roll around.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,649

Post#85 » by emunney » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:15 pm

Crazy how Brogdon was holding Middleton back
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,278

Post#86 » by fan230 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:55 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I'm not really sure why he keeps putting zero arc on his FT's. Especially considering he seems to be hitting everything else lately with no problem. Some guys can get away with that shot-put motion and still be great shooters (Kawhi), but it's just a basic fundamental thing that he needs to figure out. Can't have him being Ben Wallace at the FT line when the playoffs roll around.

I wonder who else has that shot-put motion that Giannis might be trying to imitate. Could it be Korver in some of his 3 point shots? Who else?
Cooleyo47
Rookie
And1: 523

Post#87 » by Cooleyo47 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:57 pm

If this is, generally, the version of Middleton we get from now on, he's worth every penny.
Cooleyo47
Rookie

Post#88 » by Cooleyo47 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:04 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
old skool wrote:Middleton has been looking great lately. It looks like he has identified his spots and is confident when shooting from one of those spots on the floor. 10-13 from the field. 6-7 in the 4th when it mattered most. Impressive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

The contract will still be a boat anchor in two years. But right now he’s living up to it, and giving us hope he can get that different gear to get a title. Which is all that matters, a title this year or next (or both).

There isn't a single part of his game that relies on athleticism. His success is almost entirely based on basketball IQ, size and skill. I feel fairly confident saying he will be a player of this caliber until at least 33.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,649

Post#89 » by emunney » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Reminder that every player's game relies on the athleticism they have, and as it declines, it's adapt or die. Middleton though is 28 and smart -- he should be in his prime for the next few years.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#90 » by IrishRainbow » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Cooleyo47 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
old skool wrote:Middleton has been looking great lately. It looks like he has identified his spots and is confident when shooting from one of those spots on the floor. 10-13 from the field. 6-7 in the 4th when it mattered most. Impressive.

The contract will still be a boat anchor in two years. But right now he’s living up to it, and giving us hope he can get that different gear to get a title. Which is all that matters, a title this year or next (or both).

There isn't a single part of his game that relies on athleticism. His success is almost entirely based on basketball IQ, size and skill. I feel fairly confident saying he will be a player of this caliber until at least 33.
Khris 'Joe Johnson' Middleton?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#91 » by old skool » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:35 pm

Next game Middleton probably goes 6-13 from the field, 2-4 from 3 point, 5-6 from the line. 19 points in 30 minutes and some will complain about his inconsistency.

aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#92 » by aboveAverage » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:26 pm

If this is the version of Middleton that we get for the playoffs, then we lucked out into a true second star. He’s been awesome recently. I guess this goes to show why the Bucks felt like they had to pay the max and roll the dice.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#93 » by buckboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:36 pm

old skool wrote:Next game Middleton probably goes 6-13 from the field, 2-4 from 3 point, 5-6 from the line. 19 points in 30 minutes and some will complain about his inconsistency.

Well, in fairness, wine hangovers can be really rough.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,083

Post#94 » by FrieAaron » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:38 pm

old skool wrote:Next game Middleton probably goes 6-13 from the field, 2-4 from 3 point, 5-6 from the line. 19 points in 30 minutes and some will complain about his inconsistency.

When even DD is on the bandwagon, think it's going to take an extended bad streak at this point.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#95 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Just making **** up now lol.

Midds has found is groove. Big thing for him and the team now is being able to bring it in May/June. Otherwise we're just going to being having the same old discussions again.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#96 » by DavidDunn21 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:25 pm

FrieAaron wrote:

When even DD is on the bandwagon, think it's going to take an extended bad streak at this point.

Nothing has changed and you shouldn't remotely trust this. For the record. He's been one player for most of five years. He didn't suddenly hack the matrix and figure out how to make 6 out of every 8 shots. But this is a great stretch for him, and I am a Bucks fan after all.

If he was this player, he'd actually be a lower level All-Star. He'd actually be a sorta Redd/Allen kinda guy. He's not. These are the ups and downs of the NBA season. DeMar DeRozan is currently putting up 23/5/5 at 53 from the floor without making any 3s. Lavine is peaking. A lot of guys are putting up numbers. A lot of guys have crazy months. But again, I don't wanna rain on your parade.

I just call balls and strikes. He wasn't an All-Star last year, so I said so. I said it was Siakam and Bledsoe not Lowry and Middleton.
This year he's clearly an All-Star based on the first half. It's not arguable.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#97 » by buckboy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:46 pm

The problem is that your strike zone isn't nearly as accurate as you think it is. Should be AngelHernandez21 imo.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,946

Post#98 » by sidney lanier » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:57 pm

fan230 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, I'm not really sure why he keeps putting zero arc on his FT's. Especially considering he seems to be hitting everything else lately with no problem. Some guys can get away with that shot-put motion and still be great shooters (Kawhi), but it's just a basic fundamental thing that he needs to figure out. Can't have him being Ben Wallace at the FT line when the playoffs roll around.

I wonder who else has that shot-put motion that Giannis might be trying to imitate. Could it be Korver in some of his 3 point shots? Who else?

Probably Don Nelson, as an homage to Bucks heritage.

"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Cooleyo47
Rookie

Post#99 » by Cooleyo47 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:58 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:Nothing has changed and you shouldn't remotely trust this. For the record. He's been one player for most of five years. He didn't suddenly hack the matrix and figure out how to make 6 out of every 8 shots.

You are correct that he will inevitably cool off. But I believe he will continue to be more efficient than ever before thanks to Bud loosening the reigns on his mid-range game.
Cooleyo47
Rookie

Post#100 » by Cooleyo47 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:04 pm

DingleJerry wrote:FTs are gonna rear their head in the playoffs for him.

If there's an Achilles' heel of this team, it's this.

Teams will find a way to put him on the line. It essentially cost them a trip to the Finals last season.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks