ImageImage

ATL - All Star Saturday Night (TNT @ 7:00pm CT)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,900

Re: ATL - MKG now to be bought out - Mavs destination pg 73 

Post#1641 » by Plossum » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:28 am

Zion is so good.
#LockUpChuck
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,676

Post#1642 » by chonestown » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:32 am

blazza18 wrote:
jschligs wrote:TNT announcer: "Is it crazy to say that even though he's all star, Ben Simmons is underrated?"

Lol

It's much like Giannis before he took the next step. There's too much talk on what he can't do any not enough about what he can.

He's Ricky Rubio without the enviable cheekbones and luscious mane Ricky would you please be my valentine. He's the former #1 overall choice, is allergic to shooting out side the paint, can be invisible on the court and plays for the trendy pre-season pick to come out of the east. He proves a clumsy fit with the other pillar of the franchise. He deserves the scrutiny, especially considering the way the game is played today.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#1643 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:25 am

I live in a universe where in the general board people are predicting the Bucks to win it all and a Bucks player to win MVP and DPOY.

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,287

Post#1644 » by rilamann » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:45 am

Touchpass wrote:
rilamann wrote:I hope Philly either is really bad down the stretch and falls to the #6 seed, or gets really hot and get the #3 seed. I want no part of them in the 2nd round.

Agree, I’m pulling for them to get hot and move up to 3. Don’t see them falling back below Indy, especially with the Horford move. Toronto and Philly worry me most. Either way the second round will be a lot tougher than last year.

Yeah, unless Philly goes around .500 the rest of the way, which I don't see happening, it's highly unlikely that they finish with the #6 seed. The Pacers are pretty much locked into #6. And unless the Sixers get exceptionally hot after the all star break, they're not likely to move up to #3 either. The good news is that Philly will almost certainly play the Celtics or Heat in the 1st round and if Philly doesn't have the home court, there's a decent chance they get knocked off. Or if nothing else Philly advances to the 2nd round after playing a tough 6 or 7 games while we sweep Orlando or Washington. Philly getting the #3 seed would be huge, we wouldn't have to play them until the ECF if they make it that far and we'd only have to play 1 of Toronto and Philly instead of possibly both.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM

Post#1645 » by rilamann » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:07 am

One team on the other hand those doesn't really scare me much at all is Boston. Giannis might average 40ppg if we played them. The opportunity would be there for Bledsoe to have a big series too if he's not mind **** because it's the playoffs.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#1646 » by BroncoBuck » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:52 pm

rilamann wrote:One team on the other hand those doesn't really scare me much at all is Boston. Giannis might average 40ppg if we played them. The opportunity would be there for Bledsoe to have a big series too if he's not mind **** because it's the playoffs.

Bledsoe played really well against them last year. He didn’t collapse until the Toronto series
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#1647 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:6ers moving horford to the bench improves them immensely. Don’t care what you guys say, they are going to be tough as hell to play

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Idk what took them so long. Makes them way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That game was at home though, let's see them look that good on the road now lol
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#1648 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Lol, was waiting for all the "Philly's back baby!" takes and the national media/casuals never disappoint.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1649 » by jschligs » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:43 pm

Don't get me wrong, the Raptors look really good. Above expectations. But their recent 15 game win streak has been against relatively weak competition. It reminds me of when the Jazz went 13-1 in December. It was all against weak teams.

I remain confident that in a best of 7 series we could win over anyone. Especially Philly, who can't win a game on the road to save their life.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,455

Post#1650 » by steger_3434 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:47 pm

jschligs wrote:Don't get me wrong, the Raptors look really good. Above expectations. But their recent 15 game win streak has been against relatively weak competition. It reminds me of when the Jazz went 13-1 in December. It was all against weak teams.

I remain confident that in a best of 7 series we could win over anyone. Especially Philly, who can't win a game on the road to save their life.

If you use the philly can’t win a game on the road to save their life you also have to say they are basically unbeatable at home. That could lead to a game 7 and I really don’t want to get to that point with how the nba has their agendas

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1651 » by jschligs » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:50 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
jschligs wrote:Don't get me wrong, the Raptors look really good. Above expectations. But their recent 15 game win streak has been against relatively weak competition. It reminds me of when the Jazz went 13-1 in December. It was all against weak teams.

If you use the philly can’t win a game on the road to save their life you also have to say they are basically unbeatable at home. That could lead to a game 7 and I really don’t want to get to that point with how the nba has their agendas

Yea 25-2 at home is no joke either, but we're 21-4 on the road. So I think we could take a road win in a series against them and win in 6.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1652 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:34 pm

Would Philly even beat Miami? I have serious doubts. Which leads me to my next point, MIA-PHI is the least ideal 4-5 matchup for us.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,455

Post#1653 » by steger_3434 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:11 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Would Philly even beat Miami? I have serious doubts. Which leads me to my next point, MIA-PHI is the least ideal 4-5 matchup for us.

And that’s more than likely going to be the 4/5 matchup

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#1654 » by djsunyc » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:53 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Would Philly even beat Miami? I have serious doubts. Which leads me to my next point, MIA-PHI is the least ideal 4-5 matchup for us.

east playoffs will be a blood bath. the only 2 series that won't be will be you vs. 8 and the whoever is 2nd vs. 7. but celtics/pacers and mia/sixers should be good.

2nd round is where it gets really hard - bucks/sixers, raps/celtics. that's some fun stuff. but a long way to go before we figure out who finishes 2-8 and hopefully everyone is healthy.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1655 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:55 pm

steger_3434 wrote:

And that’s more than likely going to be the 4/5 matchup

Looks like Miami has a noticeably easier schedule than Boston, I could see them jumping to 3 at least.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#1656 » by rilamann » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 am

AD hacks Jokic, AD puts his hand on the ball for a tenth of a second, hacks Jokic again, Jokic makes the basket. Officials call a jump ball....lol
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#1657 » by blazza18 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:46 am

Jokic has been exhausted for awhile now and it has killed Denver.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,925

Post#1658 » by stellation » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:19 am

stellation wrote:
buckboy wrote:
stellation wrote:Bummed for Ryan Broekhoff, hopefully someone picks him up and gives him some burn. Was finally starting to squeeze out some minutes, shot 40% from 3 and played pretty solid D.

I assume I don't have to check if he's Australian?

Edit: answered. :D

He is, but don't hold that against him. :)

Little "dude is legit a good guy" bump. Broekhoff was cut after/during the Mavs game against the Jazz, dead man walking but heard there was a make-a-wish kid who had gone to see the game and went to go and say hello and chat to them. Sounds like he wasn't designated guy or anything, just heard they were about and hadn't met any players.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,651

Post#1659 » by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 pm

With Lillard pulling out of the All-Star game because of his injury, could we see Bledsoe as a replacement? Or does it have to come from a player from the West?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#1660 » by Perishable517 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:38 pm

It was still a huge streak, just like ours was.

The Raps have a *really* good team. That is the team I do not want to see in the playoffs.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks