ImageImage

PG: Bucks Fall to Denver

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Re: PG: Bucks Fall to Denver 

Post#161 » by Bernman » Sat Feb 1, 2020 6:54 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Some people are definitely way too eager to blow up a historically dominant team because they have lost their 7th game in 48.

39-4 w/ Donte, 2-3 w/out. It's a small sample, but that's a really stark difference to be somewhat of an indicator, and you can see the horizontal and vertical change when he's not around and we have to lean on all these old role players.

So it's logical one would want to acquire an insurance policy against losing Donte, in addition to if Bled goes into the tank in the playoffs, in which case regular season performance wouldn't matter.

That's not a suggestion of blowing it up or standing pat. It's a false dichotomy. Most teams bolster before the deadline. The Bucks did themselves last season.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,115

Post#162 » by FrieAaron » Sat Feb 1, 2020 7:11 pm

Bernman wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Some people are definitely way too eager to blow up a historically dominant team because they have lost their 7th game in 48.

39-4 w/ Donte, 2-3 w/out. It's a small sample, but that's a really stark difference to be somewhat of an indicator, and you can see the horizontal and vertical change when he's not around and we have to lean on all these old role players.

So it's logical one would want to acquire an insurance policy against losing Donte, in addition to if Bled goes into the tank in the playoffs, in which case regular season performance wouldn't matter.

That's not a suggestion of blowing it up or standing pat. It's a false dichotomy. Most teams bolster before the deadline. The Bucks did themselves last season.

Personally, I consider trading your starting, all-defense, point guard who we're 94-24 with over the last two seasons blowing it up. I would have no problems giving up picks and trading a couple of the end of the bench guys for a rental or something.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#163 » by chonestown » Sat Feb 1, 2020 7:23 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I don't know what the hell is wrong with a couple of you that a loss makes you attack and act stupid. Go become a fan of the Knicks where you can get used to losing again. Ridiculous

FWIW, I don't need a loss as a stimulus to act stupid. Some of you could do well to emulate this imo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#164 » by Bernman » Sat Feb 1, 2020 7:42 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Personally, I consider trading your starting, all-defense, point guard who we're 94-24 with over the last two seasons blowing it up. I would have no problems giving up picks and trading a couple of the end of the bench guys for a rental or something.

Well, I'm ambivalent when it comes to trading Bled, but I was pretty much referring to what you are, which was trading picks/fringe prospects/mid 30's players for a Crowder-type/3+d+r. I do think that supplement would be useful to safeguard against any attrition, playoff drop-off, and may be needed to put the Bucks over the top to out-match all contenders.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#165 » by Iheartfootball » Sat Feb 1, 2020 8:20 pm

Spoiler:
DavidDunn21 wrote:
Isocleas2 wrote:Game threads post-loss are my favorite, the same posters with the same agendas waiting all month for a loss so they can start bitching.

They shot the ball amazingly and we had a few injuries, not the end of the world guys.

We've never been in this situation in our lives. Unless you guys were alive in '74.

The entirety of fandom under 55 years old has been critical of this team game by game. It's what we know. This is compounded by the fact that some of us didn't trust the historic numbers of last year and were unfortunately spot on. We don't know anything about free agents wanting to play here. We don't know anything about eschewing first rounders for old veterans. Many had never considered the idea of a regular season team vs. a playoff team. This is all brand new! And we're even better somehow this year, despite Giannis free throw shooting being one of several elephants in the room.

So we are going to talk about it. We're scared.

The stakes are high and only one team wants Giannis to stay in Milwaukee. That we do know. You guys who complain about other posters ALL THE TIME are emotionally hedging so that if this season fails you'll have something to lash out against. We get it.

But maybe we could be permitted to talk about the Milwaukee Bucks on a Milwaukee Bucks board.

This post was helpful experiencing perspective about why I get upset when I feel fans overreact to a loss. There is so much truth in the the statement “we are scared.” I can only speak for myself but I would say I get upset at those fans because I’m scared as well. I’m not actually angry but scared. May be obvious to most but it wasn’t to me. So maybe I need to let go a little. We both experience the same feelings but I act my out differently.

However, this also brings me to another point that RealGM seems to be a great experiment in allowing fans to unleash their id in a place that feels safe to them. Thanks helping me see that. Gives me more compassion and patience when that comes up again.

No one outside of Bucks fans believe they have a shot at the title. We want to prove them wrong. I want to prove them wrong.

GO BUCKS!
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#166 » by Chad34 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 9:10 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Chad34 wrote:We need some guard upgrades and depth

maybe we can acquire george hill and ddv for the next time we face them!

yeah, hopefully they won't be injured, which is why we could always use more depth over the likes of sterling brown. also we cannot count on bledsoe to lead this team in crunch time
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,501

Post#167 » by Milbucks96 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 10:11 pm

Chad34 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Chad34 wrote:We need some guard upgrades and depth

maybe we can acquire george hill and ddv for the next time we face them!

yeah, hopefully they won't be injured, which is why we could always use more depth over the likes of sterling brown. also we cannot count on bledsoe to lead this team in crunch time

Every team probably wishes they had consistent impact players 1-15 it just don’t work like that. Idk if there’s a trade or move that would get us more depth than we have now. You might be right on Bledsoe though, but again our insurance for bad Bledsoe was in a suit last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,022

Post#168 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 10:12 pm

Coach Carter wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Need to get rid of Bledsoe and get a point guard who can manage an offense but unfortunately the rest of the league knows Bledsoe’s schtick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, Bled won't turn things around. I laugh when people bring up lowry. Yeh his shooting is suspect but his IQ is way x 3 higher then bled.

Uh Playoff Lowry is even a bigger thing than Playoff Bled. Didn't he score 0 points in a playoff game?
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#169 » by DavidDunn21 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 11:05 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
Spoiler:
DavidDunn21 wrote:
Isocleas2 wrote:Game threads post-loss are my favorite, the same posters with the same agendas waiting all month for a loss so they can start bitching.

They shot the ball amazingly and we had a few injuries, not the end of the world guys.

We've never been in this situation in our lives. Unless you guys were alive in '74.

The entirety of fandom under 55 years old has been critical of this team game by game. It's what we know. This is compounded by the fact that some of us didn't trust the historic numbers of last year and were unfortunately spot on. We don't know anything about free agents wanting to play here. We don't know anything about eschewing first rounders for old veterans. Many had never considered the idea of a regular season team vs. a playoff team. This is all brand new! And we're even better somehow this year, despite Giannis free throw shooting being one of several elephants in the room.

The stakes are high and only one team wants Giannis to stay in Milwaukee. That we do know. You guys who complain about other posters ALL THE TIME are emotionally hedging so that if this season fails you'll have something to lash out against. We get it.

But maybe we could be permitted to talk about the Milwaukee Bucks on a Milwaukee Bucks board.

This post was helpful experiencing perspective about why I get upset when I feel fans overreact to a loss. There is so much truth in the the statement “we are scared.” I can only speak for myself but I would say I get upset at those fans because I’m scared as well. I’m not actually angry but scared. May be obvious to most but it wasn’t to me. So maybe I need to let go a little. We both experience the same feelings but I act my out differently.

However, this also brings me to another point that RealGM seems to be a great experiment in allowing fans to unleash their id in a place that feels safe to them. Thanks helping me see that. Gives me more compassion and patience when that comes up again.

No one outside of Bucks fans believe they have a shot at the title. We want to prove them wrong. I want to prove them wrong.

GO BUCKS!

Well said. Virtual hug
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,774

Post#170 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Feb 2, 2020 12:31 am

The Bucks need an upgrade at the 4th guard position? Is that what people are worried about now?
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#171 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Feb 2, 2020 12:32 am

""Recency bias" is the phenomenon of a person most easily remembering something that has happened recently, compared to remembering something that may have occurred a while back."
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#172 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:13 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:

This is spot on

Personally I have decided to not care about the play offs, there I've said it. I'm a simple guy, right now there is basketball being played and I like basketball so I watch, and my team is playing and they're winning, so I'm happy. That's all I do. Watch basketball and be happy.

Anything after April is just gravy and I'm not gonna freak out about it, especially not 5 months in advance. Whatever happens in the end I know I will have great memories from this team for many years to come and I'm grateful for that.
Simples.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,053

Post#173 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:16 am

This board never fails to impress.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#174 » by Ayt » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:19 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:The Bucks need an upgrade at the 4th guard position? Is that what people are worried about now?

5th guard position behind Bled, Wes, Hill, and Donte.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,900

Post#175 » by Plossum » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:43 am

Guys, seriously, it’s a basketball game. If you’re scared, go to church.
#LockUpChuck
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#176 » by blazza18 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 2:02 am

Ayt wrote:5th guard position behind Bled, Wes, Hill, and Donte.

We're going to be asking a lot of all 4 of those guys so I'm one who thinks someone like Bogdan could come in an play over at least two of them.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#177 » by hege53190 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 2:17 am

Bernman wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Personally, I consider trading your starting, all-defense, point guard who we're 94-24 with over the last two seasons blowing it up. I would have no problems giving up picks and trading a couple of the end of the bench guys for a rental or something.

Well, I'm ambivalent when it comes to trading Bled, but I was pretty much referring to what you are, which was trading picks/fringe prospects/mid 30's players for a Crowder-type/3+d+r. I do think that supplement would be useful to safeguard against any attrition, playoff drop-off, and may be needed to put the Bucks over the top to out-match all contenders.

Who do we add that can crack the rotation? We may have assets But a big problem is salary. The Bucks just don't have any disposable salary. If you are looking to add anyone over like $5 million you are looking at parting with someone like Ersan, Hill, Lopez or Bledsoe. Which is a major shakeup to a probable high 60's win team. Last season the Bucks had players like Thon and Tony Snell making decent money and not in the rotation. This season the guys outside the rotation are DJ Wilson and Sterling Brown. Nobody making more than $3 million
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#178 » by hege53190 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 2:21 am

blazza18 wrote:
Ayt wrote:5th guard position behind Bled, Wes, Hill, and Donte.

We're going to be asking a lot of all 4 of those guys so I'm one who thinks someone like Bogdan could come in an play over at least two of them.

Offensively sure. Defensively Bogdon is a sieve.

Patty C has a higher VORP, and WS because Patty C plays defense Bogdon doesn't. I don't know what 2 Bogdon plays over but I think if he did play over any of them it would make this team worse. Just my 2 cents.

Edit - plus Bogdon makes 8.5 million this year. Just to match salaries we would need to part with someone like Robin Lopez and DJ Wilson. Or just Ersan. I think Both Robin and Ersan are more important to the Bucks than a Bogdon addition.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#179 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Feb 2, 2020 2:49 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:

Exceptional post.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#180 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Feb 2, 2020 3:15 am

Anyone who says they were spot on about last year doesn't know what they are talking about.

I mean if you are hanging your hat on the fact that you think the Bucks are always going to lose and then they lose that doesn't make you Nostradamus. It makes you a doofus

Return to Milwaukee Bucks