ImageImage

PG: GIANNIS HAMMERS PHILLY

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,812

Re: PG: GIANNIS HAMMERS PHILLY 

Post#141 » by RubberSoul » Fri Feb 7, 2020 5:29 pm

That 01-02 52-30 record seemed unobtainable. I always thought that would be the best Bucks season of my life. 44-7 still seems impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#142 » by crkone » Fri Feb 7, 2020 8:58 pm

For anyone who wants a new avatar.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,380

Post#143 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 7, 2020 9:08 pm

old skool wrote:The Bucks are 7 games away from the #2 seed.

Remember when fans here would have been thrilled to be 7 games away from the #2 seed?

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Thank God he was only hired as coach, that was bad enough:

After a failed power play in Brooklyn, Nets coach Jason Kidd has entered into serious negotiations to become president of basketball operations for the Milwaukee Bucks, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Kidd made a failed coup to Brooklyn's Russian ownership to usurp the power of Nets general manager Billy King – and failed spectacularly. The Nets and Bucks are discussing compensation for Milwaukee hiring Kidd away, which will likely include second-round draft picks, sources told Yahoo Sports.

"The Russians are done with Kidd," one high-ranking league source told Yahoo Sports on Saturday night.

Former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins – who had been considered as an early season replacement for a foundering Kidd – is a strong early candidate to be hired as coach should Kidd leave, sources said.

The New York Post first reported the failed power play and talks with Bucks.

Kidd is selling Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry on giving him a lucrative package to do what the Nets have refused: Give Kidd full control of basketball operations. For an NBA figure with such a damaged personal reputation – never mind no front-office experience – the possibility of Kidd being afforded this kind of power and responsibility is being met with downright mockery among NBA owners and executives.

It is a humiliating turn of events for the coach and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, who had wielded incredible power and influence with Nets billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov. Nevertheless, Kidd understood he had an admirer on the hook with one of the Bucks' new ownership partners, Lasry. Kidd has had a personal and financial partnership with Lasry, and now he's leveraging that relationship into talks to run the Bucks franchise, sources said.

Kidd isn't angling to immediately take over as president and coach, sources said, but is intrigued with the higher-paying, lower-workload life of an top executive, sources said.

For Milwaukee's general manager John Hammond and coach Larry Drew, revelations of the franchise's negotiations with Kidd weren't known to them until the story broke on Saturday night, sources said.

Kidd's thirst for more power and money began to escalate with Golden State's and New York's hirings of Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher, respectively, as coaches, league sources said. Kidd was livid they were paid contracts substantially higher than what the Nets paid Kidd as a rookie coach.

"That got him – especially Fisher," one official told Yahoo Sports.

Kidd was hired for three years, $10.5 million, only to be livid over Kerr and Fisher getting four-year deals guaranteeing more than $4 million dollars per season. Lost on Kidd was this: His dicey history made him unappealing as a coach, except with the Nets.

Despite Kidd's greatness as a Hall of Fame point guard, he had a long career of clashing with front-office executives and coaches, a domestic abuse charge and a DWI guilty plea that left him suspended for his first two games as an NBA head coach. Kidd had little leverage upon his hiring as coach, which is why the Nets refused to overpay him market value.

Within management, there was strong consideration given to firing Kidd near the end of December, league sources said. Some Nets officials wanted to bring Hollins into Brooklyn as head coach, but ultimately ownership decided to stay the course with Kidd, sources said. For Kidd's part in the power play, there's a sense of betrayal within ownership that'll make his return beyond difficult, bordering on the impossible, sources said.

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,618

Post#144 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 9:41 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
Perishable517 wrote:Did their "big 3" just walk off the court without congrats to the other team?

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app

This blew me away. Yep. Seemed like their whole team immediately left the court. Punks. This team is built to take us on it seems and we crushed them anyways. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly concerned about a playoff matchup with them. But the good news is they are mentally soft.

Very confused by this reaction when it happens after every NBA game.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,120

Post#145 » by Shaffty » Fri Feb 7, 2020 11:05 pm

blazza18 wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:
Perishable517 wrote:Did their "big 3" just walk off the court without congrats to the other team?

This blew me away. Yep. Seemed like their whole team immediately left the court. Punks. This team is built to take us on it seems and we crushed them anyways. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly concerned about a playoff matchup with them. But the good news is they are mentally soft.

Very confused by this reaction when it happens after every NBA game.

No it doesnt most times guys high five and stuff
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#146 » by DrWood » Fri Feb 7, 2020 11:34 pm

On pace for 70.75 wins.
Sorry I'm late, but this is my jam.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#147 » by DrWood » Fri Feb 7, 2020 11:36 pm

awd4cy wrote:Media so badly wants Embiid to play great. They think calling him out will accomplish that I’m sure.

Or it might make him cry.

Not that there's anything wrong with another grown man crying. . .
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Post#148 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 8, 2020 12:12 am

Chapter29 wrote:

Why does everyone say they were built to beat us? They did their process gamble and are still waiting to see if it pans out.

Meanwhile, they paid Tobias Harris more money and years than Butler got from the Heat and Tobias is NOT built to stop anyone on our team. It just put more pressure on Embiid to try and stop everyone and he will wear out.

Their only hope is for Ben Simmons to magically develop into Magic.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,618

Post#149 » by blazza18 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 12:19 am

Shaffty wrote:No it doesnt most times guys high five and stuff

Eh. It's really no big deal just find it funny how people view certain teams/players.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#150 » by Chapter29 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 3:11 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:

Why does everyone say they were built to beat us? They did their process gamble and are still waiting to see if it pans out.

Meanwhile, they paid Tobias Harris more money and years than Butler got from the Heat and Tobias is NOT built to stop anyone on our team. It just put more pressure on Embiid to try and stop everyone and he will wear out.

Their only hope is for Ben Simmons to magically develop into Magic.

I didn't say they succeeded in building a team to beat us. That's still a TBD.

But I do believe that they did try and sign players like Horford specifically with the Bucks playoffs in mind.

They kind of had to resign Harris. Not every move is fits the beat the Bucks profile, but if you never get there.....
Giannis
is
UponUs

Return to Milwaukee Bucks