ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas and Transactions - OFF SEASON

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Mihai
Junior
And1: 117

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas and Transactions - OFF SEASON 

Post#1941 » by Mihai » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:15 am

I cringe when I see names like Shaq Harrison or questioning LaVine’s D. Maybe LaVine is not exactly the answer, but that is exactly what we need. We have enough 3&D guys, we need bucket getters.
Look at the 4 teams who are in the finals, they all have that. We need 1 or 2 guys like that as well. Khris isn’t enough, you can win a title with him, of course, but as a 3rd option.
To me it’s a Chris Paul type or nothing and then 1 or 2 more offensive threats like a Will Barton and Goran Dragic to come off the bench. You are not winning a chip with Connaughton being your option off the bench.
I was hoping DDV could be the answer but maybe he will improve more, he definitely has to be more aggressive.
We just have too many guys with questionable handles and poor finishing ability and not many who can just catch fire from 3 to add pressure on the opposite D.
Bud has to do better as well...too many times the team stands around to watch Giannis bulldoze to the paint. We need better motion in our offense.
JABBAri Parker
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1942 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:19 am

skones wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
skones wrote:
If they get waxed by the Lakers, those conversations will certainly be pertinent.

Maybe for Will Barton. No way they’re moving Morris or Harris now.

I have absolutely no clue as to why they wouldn't. Neither guy has scorched the earth. If they feel like they're missing something and the guy they're acquiring is a considerable upgrade, I don't see why to rule it out right now.

...because they just got to the Western Conference Finals with the group they have. No one in their right mind is messing with that for the privilege of throwing Eric Bledsoe into the mix.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,186

Post#1943 » by skones » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
skones wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

I have absolutely no clue as to why they wouldn't. Neither guy has scorched the earth. If they feel like they're missing something and the guy they're acquiring is a considerable upgrade, I don't see why to rule it out right now.

...because they just got to the Western Conference Finals with the group they have. No one in their right mind is messing with that for the privilege of throwing Eric Bledsoe into the mix.

And like I said, if they get waxed in the WCF, it's a different ball game. If they go out and get swept or blasted 1-4, they're not sitting around and thinking, "Hey, we're good enough, a little natural progression will get us there." I literally prefaced this conversation with that. You're not making any sense.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1944 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:43 am

skones wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
skones wrote:

And like I said, if they get waxed in the WCF, it's a different ball game. If they go out and get swept or blasted 1-4, they're not sitting around and thinking, "Hey, we're good enough, a little natural progression will get us there." I literally prefaced this conversation with that. You're not making any sense.

I’m making perfect sense, we just happen to disagree. Again, my position is that regardless of what happens in the next round, the Nuggets are not trading the 26 year old starting shooting guard and 25 year old 6th man point guard who helped them advance to the Western Conference Finals for Eric **** Bledsoe. Be well.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#1945 » by emunney » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:43 am

I feel like Harrison has earned the right to sink or swim in a larger role somewhere. I'm not sure if that's here but I wouldn't mind having him on the roster to compete for those Connaughton/Brown minutes.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,884

Post#1946 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 am

Yeah, alot of the trade ideas with Denver, including my beloved Jerami Grant , even on MLE contract, are probably not happening. Jerami propably opts out and a team will offer him a bigger contract than the MLE.

I have been posting trade ideas to get him since MCW was here. On a trade Realgm game I posted the MCW for Jerami (Sixers) and many here thought is was nonsense. Guess what, he was waived by the Sixers and posted to pick him up... nothing ... Bucks GM doesn't pick up the damn phone, ever, we are too busy watching Giannis Highlights and miss so many opportunities to pick up talent on the cheap or free.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,895

Post#1947 » by Plossum » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:43 am

I can't convince myself with Lavine. He'd be waving off Giannis to call his own number too much. I'd rather we prioritise getting a good distributor.
#LockUpChuck
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,948

Post#1948 » by RiotPunch » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:11 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
skones wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

I’m making perfect sense, we just happen to disagree. Again, my position is that regardless of what happens in the next round, the Nuggets are not trading the 26 year old starting shooting guard and 25 year old 6th man point guard who helped them advance to the Western Conference Finals for Eric **** Bledsoe. Be well.

Yeah, we need to fix our eyes on other, more desperate organizations than the Nuggets. Harris has been big, Morris has been steady. They are not going to **** with that, regardless of what happens against the Lakers.

Timberwolves, Knicks, Hawks, Jazz, and because of LeBron/Rich Paul, Lakers are the Bledsoe target teams as I see them.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,884

Post#1949 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:44 am

Plossum wrote:I can't convince myself with Lavine. He'd be waving off Giannis to call his own number too much. I'd rather we prioritise getting a good distributor.

Lavine at the perimeter is one less brick on Giannis wall , think about it. We have overused Giannis at the top of the key and the league knows how to stop it. If you mean a guy like CP3, who is a General not just a contributor I agree with you. I believe it works even with Lavine, we need someone to call his own name and score, Giannis can focus on different things on offense, maybe cutting or grabbing offensive rebounds. CP3 and Lavine and Seth Curry, add versatility to our offense in general, we need more gravity at our backcourt.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1950 » by LuessiT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 am

I'm not sure we have the assets for LaVine. At least not the assets we want to give up.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,771

Post#1951 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:16 am

I guess it's not a trade/transaction or anything but assuming Bledsoe gets sent out I'd love to see Frank Mason get some more burn with the main squad next season. Hell, Trey Bruke jumped in for Dallas in the playoffs and provided them with some pretty valuable minutes, if Frank was more ingrained with the team he might have been able to provide us a little spark.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1952 » by LuessiT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:23 am

It's looking like a huge sellers market.

Teams buying:
Bucks
Clippers
Golden State
Nets

Might stand still, definitely not selling:
Celtics
Hawks
Heat
Lakers
Nuggets
Sun's
Wolves
Philly

Teams selling:
OKC

Depends on what a few unnamed teams do but I could see some (re)cycling among top teams if there aren't enough available options to realistically improve.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1953 » by LuessiT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:30 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I guess it's not a trade/transaction or anything but assuming Bledsoe gets sent out I'd love to see Frank Mason get some more burn with the main squad next season. Hell, Trey Bruke jumped in for Dallas in the playoffs and provided them with some pretty valuable minutes, if Frank was more ingrained with the team he might have been able to provide us a little spark.

Trey Burke is taller, a better shooter, was drafted significantly higher and has got a lot more experience (and further development). I'm not totally opposed to giving Mason a shot but I don't think Trey Burke gets all that much in the off-season. Unless we can sign Mason to a very favorable long term contract where we maintain all the upside in case of success he's not an archetype I'd want to invest development time into. Better try to get Trey Burke in the first place.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#1954 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:44 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
skones wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:So much for anymore Bledsoe to the Nuggets ideas

If they get waxed by the Lakers, those conversations will certainly be pertinent.

Don't see that as a problem. I wouldn't touch Harris, Barton is better. They'd still move Morris if they added Bledsoe. Either way, I don't see them beating out what the Knicks offer.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1955 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am

LuessiT wrote:It's looking like a huge sellers market.

Teams buying:
Bucks
Clippers
Golden State
Nets

Celtics
Hawks
Heat
Lakers
Nuggets
Sun's
Wolves
Philly

Teams selling:
OKC

Depends on what a few unnamed teams do but I could see some (re)cycling among top rwams if there aren't enough available options to realistically improve.

Because of the financial landscape, we'll see a few teams just giving players away.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1956 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am

Here's the Bulls Lavine thread

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1995612
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1957 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 pm

emunney wrote:I feel like Harrison has earned the right to sink or swim in a larger role somewhere. I'm not sure if that's here but I wouldn't mind having him on the roster to compete for those Connaughton/Brown minutes.

Harrison averaged 15.5 points per 36, with a TS% of 56, and a PER of 17.8, while defending the oppositions best player. He was lights out when given the starting job. He'd likely beat out Mathews for the starting job.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1958 » by LuessiT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:09 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
LuessiT wrote:It's looking like a huge sellers market.

Teams buying:
Bucks
Clippers
Golden State
Nets

Celtics
Hawks
Heat
Lakers
Nuggets
Sun's
Wolves
Philly

Teams selling:
OKC

Depends on what a few unnamed teams do but I could see some (re)cycling among top rwams if there aren't enough available options to realistically improve.

Because of the financial landscape, we'll see a few teams just giving players away.

Sure but I guess these teams don't want salary back. Golden State should do very well with their TPE. A Brogdon TPE could have been quite useful... :D
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#1959 » by pifhluk23 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:13 pm

Our #1 problem is not being able to break down good defenses that prepare for us in the playoffs. This is why I didn't want to let go of Brogdon and also why Giannis should not be playing pg in the 1/2 court. Bledsoe is the best we have at breaking down D and creating shots in 1/2 court and I'm not sure he's even in the top 30 in the league at it.

Priority has to be Chris Paul if hes available, it should have been the priority last year. After that just get anyone who is available that can break down a defense in the 1/2 court. Bud needs to pull his head out of his $$$ too and realize Giannis needs to play off ball more so that he is prepared for it in the playoffs. And Giannis priority should be developing a post game and free throws not 3 pointers ffs. How is everyone in a billion dollar organization so dumb they can't see any of this.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,771

Post#1960 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:I feel like Harrison has earned the right to sink or swim in a larger role somewhere. I'm not sure if that's here but I wouldn't mind having him on the roster to compete for those Connaughton/Brown minutes.

Harrison averaged 15.5 points per 36, with a TS% of 56, and a PER of 17.8, while defending the oppositions best player. He was lights out when given the starting job. He'd likely beat out Mathews for the starting job.

How much of that is on the back of unsustainable shooting though? I mean in 2 games he made as many threes as he did the rest of the season, was a career 25% shooter before that and never shot anything respectable even at a college line. Does seem like he's got some fight in him though, I'm intrigued.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks