ImageImage

PG Orlando: Lopez >>> Hammond

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Re: PG Orlando: Lopez >>> Hammond 

Post#21 » by glenn » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:05 am

Chad34 wrote:doesn't feel like anyone won this game. at least lopez hit some threes

Kind of feels like the Bucks won it.
:reporter:
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#22 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:25 am

30-22 against the spread. I missed the start and took 2nd half over instead. :banghead:
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#23 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:43 am

rilamann wrote:Feels like the 137th time Giannis has missed a triple double by 1 assist.

13 in his career, including today. Which feels low. One other game he missed by 1 rebound instead. Never missed on points.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#24 » by humanrefutation » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:45 am

John Hammond is the perfect GM for a team chasing the 8th seed. It's got to be part of his elevator pitch for a GM job.

1. I drafted Giannis.
2. I can get you the 8th seed.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#25 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:54 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I can't believe John Hammond is still employed by an NBA team.

It's really tough to get quality applicants with 2% unemployment. Teams are just dealing with it until they can automatize the job.
mizterfish
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#26 » by mizterfish » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:57 am

I missed the entire game due to other life things, so I came here and saw there are a whopping.... 2 pages of comments. Must have been quite the game.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,738

Post#27 » by emunney » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:09 am

humanrefutation wrote:John Hammond is the perfect GM for a team chasing the 8th seed. It's got to be part of his elevator pitch for a GM job.

1. I drafted Giannis.

Who wants to be in the playoffs the same number of times as if entropy itself was the GM?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#28 » by leroyjw10 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:27 am

Aaron Gordon has to be one of the most overrated players in the NBA. What does he do other than dunk?
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#29 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:33 am

leroyjw10 wrote:Aaron Gordon has to be one of the most overrated players in the NBA. What does he do other than dunk?

He shot over 40% from 3 for 15 games to start a season once. And people somehow thought that and Fournier shooting around 50% were sustainable.

It'll be a while until I forget that. To be fair, Fournier is shooting 40% from deep this season, I guess.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#30 » by jschligs » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:41 am

trwi7 wrote:We all wish we could suck as bad at our jobs as John Hammond and still be able to keep them.

I’m doing my best John Hammond impersonation at work and so far so good
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#31 » by kid idioteque » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:49 am

John Hammond gets a pass from me for drafting Giannis. I can still laugh at him but I harbor no ill feelings toward him anymore.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#32 » by humanrefutation » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:50 am

emunney wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:John Hammond is the perfect GM for a team chasing the 8th seed. It's got to be part of his elevator pitch for a GM job.

1. I drafted Giannis.

Who wants to be in the playoffs the same number of times as if entropy itself was the GM?

His ceiling as a GM is low. But his floor is eh, okay?

If you're a team that just cares about getting by, he's a safe choice that won't completely blunder you into the abyss. And maybe, just maybe, he can catch lightning in the bottle (drafting Giannis, the FTD run). But you don't hire him if you have the stomach for the risk of failure that comes with ambition, IMO.

I got so tired of it during his tenure I know Kohl mandated mediocrity as a floor, but it was draining to watch a GM continue to just barely meet that low bar.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#33 » by Coach Carter » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:23 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I can't believe John Hammond is still employed by an NBA team.

He has giannis on his CV, it keeps him employed.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#34 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:24 am

Anything less than seven more years for Hammond/Weltman in Orlando would be exceptionally unfair.
Coach Carter
General Manager

Post#35 » by Coach Carter » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:24 am

leroyjw10 wrote:Aaron Gordon has to be one of the most overrated players in the NBA. What does he do other than dunk?

get high
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#36 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:27 am

jschligs wrote:
trwi7 wrote:We all wish we could suck as bad at our jobs as John Hammond and still be able to keep them.

I’m doing my best John Hammond impersonation at work and so far so good

Ιt's all about wearing glasses, trust me. Wear glasses and everybody thinks you're a serious person for some reason.
Coach Carter
General Manager

Post#37 » by Coach Carter » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:30 am

awd4cy wrote:Something about watching the Magic that always seems so boring to me. Great win overall though!

They're good defensively. In other words they bother giannis. They'll act as good preparation for the 2nd round. Giannis teammates will contribute, get their scoring up which should help their confidence.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#38 » by LittleRooster » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:41 am

humanrefutation wrote:
emunney wrote:

1. I drafted Giannis.

If you're a team that just cares about getting by, he's a safe choice that won't completely blunder you into the abyss. And maybe, just maybe, he can catch lightning in the bottle (drafting Giannis, the FTD run). But you don't hire him if you have the stomach for the risk of failure that comes with ambition, IMO.

I got so tired of it during his tenure I know Kohl mandated mediocrity as a floor, but it was draining to watch a GM continue to just barely meet that low bar.

I used to think this. But then I saw Horst/Bud/Giannis turn into Wolf/Holmgren/Favre and now I never want to go back to random pieces assembled with no vision or foresight. (Even though I think the Horst/Wolf comparison is somewhat insulting to Wolf on the whole.)

I think, however, that’s a huge compliment to Bud for instilling a championship culture/vision and Giannis for being his superstar self and being one of the most driven human beings around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#39 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:47 am

LittleRooster wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
emunney wrote:

I used to think this. But then I saw Horst/Bud/Giannis turn into Wolf/Holmgren/Favre and now I never want to go back to random pieces assembled with no vision or foresight. (Even though I think the Horst/Wolf comparison is somewhat insulting to Wolf on the whole.)

I think, however, that’s a huge compliment to Bud for instilling a championship culture/vision and Giannis for being his superstar self and being one of the most driven human beings around

It's amazing how the Horst/Bud/Giannis triangle is able to attract pretty much whichever player they want (within cap space limits) and then make them play great together. That's why it doesn't bother me if we're getting older, how many young guys we have, how much we paid Khris, if we have draft picks, whatever. As long as these 3 are around we will forever be a 60-70 win team and a contender. They are the only ones that matter.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#40 » by LittleRooster » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:01 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

It's amazing how the Horst/Bud/Giannis triangle is able to attract pretty much whichever player they want (within cap space limits) and then make them play great together. That's why it doesn't bother me if we're getting older, how many young guys we have, how much we paid Khris, if we have draft picks, whatever. As long as these 3 are around we will forever be a 60-70 win team and a contender. They are the only ones that matter.

As much as I would love for that to be a forever thing, I know that’s probably not likely. Players age and lose some ability, teams may not gel like this, or they tune out the message, etc. It’s never a given. It’s why this run has been so special.

But I don’t want to be a downer now lol. I’m glad we have them and relieved that we have them with a superstar’s impending FA. It’s as good of a situation as anyone could dream up “selling” to Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks