Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,031

ATL - Warriors to play home game with no fans on 3/12 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:00 pm

Other ATL thread maxed out
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,690

Re: ATL - All Star Game 

Post#2 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:44 pm

The worst part of the **** Wade pulled last night is we have guys like Ja Morant and Aaron Gordon who are now completely out on the contest. Wade made a mockery of the whole thing and in turn has completely ruined future dunk contests.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,586

Post#3 » by Frank Nova » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:51 pm

Pats dunk over Giannis was the best dunk of the night. The smallest guy in the contest jumps over a 7ft dude and taps the ball off the glass before slamming it? Yeah that was absolutely filfthy for a 6'4" guard to pull off. Maybe I'm biased but that was easily the most impressive thing I saw all night long.

Other than that, AG had the next 2 best dunks. Jumping over Tacko Fall and the 360 1 handed windmill he caught off the side of the backboard from Fultz. Both dunks were just phenomenal IMO.

So in retrospect, the dude who won didnt even pull off 1 of the best 3 dunks. But, I wont act like DJJr isnt a beast and didnt put on a show because he most certainly did. He just didn't deserve to win is all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,103

Post#4 » by MVP2110 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Yea that sucks what Wade did. I really think either DJJ or Gordon deserved that win, but Gordon's last dunk was way better than DJJs and if the judges planned for it to be a tie and Wade went off course to give to the Heat player then that's really crappy
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#5 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:31 pm

They should've either called a tie or given it to DJJ or Gordon after their second 50. It's transparent now they're trying to scheme a "dunk off" duel a la Gordon/Lavine and MJ/Nique.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,934

Post#6 » by Bucksfan28 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:48 pm

Jones definitely had one of the top 3 dunks when he jumped over a dude and put a pass off the backboard through his legs.

Honestly, I think Pat's second dunk is more impressive to me than AG's last dunk. I dont get the uproar about Gordon getting robbed there. With that said, his 360 windmill was probably the dunk of the night.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,103

Post#7 » by MVP2110 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:34 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Jones definitely had one of the top 3 dunks when he jumped over a dude and put a pass off the backboard through his legs.

Honestly, I think Pat's second dunk is more impressive to me than AG's last dunk. I dont get the uproar about Gordon getting robbed there. With that said, his 360 windmill was probably the dunk of the night.

So I actually think DJJ was the better dunker on the whole last night. That said I think AG had the top and possibly top two dunks of the night, and I think AGs last dunk was hands down better than DJJs last dunk. I pretty much think the judges got it wrong every single round with the right guy ending up winning
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,365

Post#8 » by Wooderson » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm

If you're tied at the end of the finals or even after 1 additional finals round just give it to whoever has the most cumulative points. This isn't hard. AG was the better, more creative dunker.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,273

Post#9 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:07 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Pats dunk over Giannis was the best dunk of the night. The smallest guy in the contest jumps over a 7ft dude and taps the ball off the glass before slamming it? Yeah that was absolutely filfthy for a 6'4" guard to pull off. Maybe I'm biased but that was easily the most impressive thing I saw all night long.

Yep, and until the Tacko Fall dunk, Gordon was jumping over a guy who was what, 5-8"?

Would have liked to have seen Pat's other dunks, but we never got the chance.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,750

Post#10 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:31 pm

I am sick of jumping over people and support someone's suggestion from last night's thread that it should be outlawed.

We get it, you can jump high. That's why you're in the dunk contest. Now do something. ****, most of the time they end up propping themselves up off the person they jump over, too.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,184

Post#11 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:32 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:Pats dunk over Giannis was the best dunk of the night. The smallest guy in the contest jumps over a 7ft dude and taps the ball off the glass before slamming it? Yeah that was absolutely filfthy for a 6'4" guard to pull off. Maybe I'm biased but that was easily the most impressive thing I saw all night long.

Yep, and until the Tacko Fall dunk, Gordon was jumping over a guy who was what, 5-8"?

Sounds like it would have been cool. Or lame, I dunno.

Read on Twitter
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#12 » by truly » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:41 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I am sick of jumping over people and support someone's suggestion from last night's thread that it should be outlawed.

We get it, you can jump high. That's why you're in the dunk contest. Now do something. ****, most of the time they end up propping themselves up off the person they jump over, too.

I think jumping over someone is fine but you have to actually do it.Are we going to pretend like he actually cleared tacko?

I think if you want to do it,go ahead but if you push off him or need him to bend down etc you failed and it needs to be penalised.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,421

Post#13 » by randy84 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:57 pm

truly wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I am sick of jumping over people and support someone's suggestion from last night's thread that it should be outlawed.

I think jumping over someone is fine but you have to actually do it.Are we going to pretend like he actually cleared tacko?

I think if you want to do it,go ahead but if you push off him or need him to bend down etc you failed and it needs to be penalised.

Look DJJ's first dunk. He pushes off the guy's shoulder who he is trying to jump over. Every other dunk is a variation of a "between the legs dunk".

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,267

Post#14 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:13 pm

I don't understand why people are so impressed that Gordon pushed off a hunched over Tacko and still couldn't clear him. The judges are a joke. Everything gets a 50. I agree with the people saying the judging should forgo scores and just choose the winner.
Read on Twitter
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,750

Post#15 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:37 pm

Considering 6'3 Yelich was hunched over, as well, we might want to put less focus on that being an issue with dunking if we also want to claim Pat should have been in the finals for some reason.

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,586

Post#16 » by Frank Nova » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:41 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

If D wade wouldve given Pat a 9 instead of 8 on the 1st dunk over Yelich, Pat and Djjr wouldve both tied rd1 with 96 and we couldve atleast saw 1 more Pat dunk before Wade inevitably screwed him anyway.

Plus Pats White Man Can't Jump theme on the 1st try was just as theatrical as DJs take off strip before he jumped over Bam. So again it was just pure bias that scored those dunks...

And honestly, I have to circle back to Pats dunk over Giannis... Pat did that from almost a realistic spot on the floor which is why I said it was most impressive. He jumped off 2 feet and started from where the benches are, so like a 30ft head start to clear a 7ft person, tap the glass and flush it clean like what?!?! I'm just glad Pat showed tf out. He deserves way more credit than "the 3rd place dude in 1 of the best dunk contests ever". That dunk just blew me away.

Those eastbay dunks and all the different variations are so played out. I haven't gotten excited about between the legs dunks since HS kids started doing them in games a decade ago. And we are supposed to drop our jaws at world class athletes doing it in competition mode? Nah thats weak af.

I seen video of Bryce James 7th grade teammate trying an eastbay dunk like thats the best a bunch of pro athletes got too?

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,606

Post#17 » by RogerMurdock » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Pretty simple solution to the dunk contest: get rid of the 10-point scoring system.

In the opening round, just have the judges rank the first dunk 1-4. Do the same for the second dunk. Top two points-earners make the finals. If there's a tie to determine who advances, to a dunk-off with the judges voting on whose dunk was better, not giving them an actual score.

In the finals, have the guys do a couple dunks and the judges simply vote for the best dunker. Not difficult. With five judges, you'll never have a tie in the finals.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,740

Post#18 » by chonestown » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:27 pm

I don't feel like numerical ratings are an appropriate way to measure how good a dunk is. Related: Reggie Miller should be relegated to golf and auto racing broadcasts.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,878

Post#19 » by blazza18 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:51 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:The worst part of the **** Wade pulled last night is we have guys like Ja Morant and Aaron Gordon who are now completely out on the contest. Wade made a mockery of the whole thing and in turn has completely ruined future dunk contests.

That's a shame. Wade literally didn't think of the children.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,267

Post#20 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:58 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Considering 6'3 Yelich was hunched over, as well, we might want to put less focus on that being an issue with dunking if we also want to claim Pat should have been in the finals for some reason.

I never said Pat should be in the Finals. I don't think it's impressive for anybody to act like they're going to jump over a person if they're not actually going to jump over them.

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks