ImageImage

PG: Detroit Beat Down

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,265

Re: PG: Detroit Beat Down 

Post#41 » by FlagsFlyForever » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:12 am

We've said it before but this game really goes to show how improved this Bucks roster is in just a couple short seasons. It really is astonishing.
Read on Twitter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,843

Post#42 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:21 am

ElPeregrino wrote:We've said it before but this game really goes to show how improved this Bucks roster is in just a couple short seasons. It really is astonishing.

Coach and GM working together and the coach actually being good makes a world of difference too.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,621

Post#43 » by th87 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:11 am

humanrefutation wrote:
neiLz wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
He's clearly been going through the motions all season. I wish they would have dumped him at the deadline and moved on. Don't need that negativity in the locker room.

He seems to be one of the biggest cheerleaders on the bench. I don't know how that is being pouty.

It's certainly possible that I'm overreacting. In the past, he was always celebrating on the bench and meeting the guys with high fives during TOs. But I've noticed less of that from him over the last few months, including a few instances where his body language has seemed negative with an almost lackadaisical approach those few times he did get garbage time minutes.

I think I got more annoyed with him a couple weeks back when Giannis was on paternity leave where the Bucks were asking his teammates for advice to offer Giannis. The guys who didn't have kids still had nice things to say and congratulations for Freak. But DJ was the only one who didn't seem interested in engaging at all.

And then tonight, he just moped his way off the court at the end of the game as everyone was screaming at him to get back on the court because the game wasn't over.

I might be reading too much into it, though.

Reaching here I think. He seemed to be joking around about it.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#44 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:40 am

I actually feel bad for Det. I mean (arguably) their best player didn't make our roster.

They owe Blake 100m for this season and the next two and their best assets are Doumbaya and Kennard, whose knees are so bad he hasn't played in months. What squad has a rougher future?

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#45 » by Chad34 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:49 am

what in the world was going on between giannis and wood??!! that was not a good look from giannis. he looked like he was trying to fight wood on multiple occasions. i'm surprised he didn't receive a tech

nvr mind i saw them laughing after the game, must've been nothing
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,765

Post#46 » by AussieBuck » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:06 am

Giannis/Marvin/Khris is the best thing ever
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,728

Post#47 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:05 pm

I like Marvin.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,757

Post#48 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:44 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:I actually feel bad for Det. I mean (arguably) their best player didn't make our roster.

They owe Blake 100m for this season and the next two and their best assets are Doumbaya and Kennard, whose knees are so bad he hasn't played in months. What squad has a rougher future?

Yeah they're bad, but they're new front office seems to have a clue, so I'd much rather be them then Cleveland.

Bruce Brown and Svi are interesting young players. They'll need to draft their cornerstone, and that'll be tough, but they seem capable of making moves on the margins until then. They only have $73 million salary committed for next year, counting Snell and Morris opting in. Morris could very well opt out.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,379

Post#49 » by KidA24 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:48 pm

Chad34 wrote:what in the world was going on between giannis and wood??!! that was not a good look from giannis. he looked like he was trying to fight wood on multiple occasions. i'm surprised he didn't receive a tech

nvr mind i saw them laughing after the game, must've been nothing

He did get a tech, didn't he?
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
KonKrete
Freshman
And1: 84

Post#50 » by KonKrete » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:28 pm

Yes he did, but that was for yelling at the ref when he and c-wood were battling for a rebound. Shortly after that on the other end Giannis and c-wood got into another confrontation and words were exchanged and then a timeout was called and Giannis kinda laughed and patted c-wood on the belly as he walked away but wood just stayed there and continued to glare a Giannis. He wasn't happy.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#51 » by neiLz » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:17 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:I actually feel bad for Det. I mean (arguably) their best player didn't make our roster.

It's close but Knicks as long as they have that idiot owner they are going to be tops.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#52 » by greekbuck34 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:22 pm

HKPackFan wrote:BTW What did Giannis say to Wood in the 4th after that contact when they stared each other down...Giannis repeated something 2-3 times.

I think it was "You got blocked son...you got blocked son... yeaah!".

Going against Giannis in practice everyday has to be very intimidating no matter how much you can improve as a player in the end.
C Wood seems to have no problem going at 100% no matter the occasion and that's why he is looking good.
Jabari Parker couldn't handle it well for example.

You have to have similar mamba mentality.

Kobe couldn't stand players who wouldn't get that.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,924

Post#53 » by tydett » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:27 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Christian Wood is Gillberg to Giannis’s Goldberg. Stopped watching wrestling 20 years ago, hopefully this still makes sense.

Giannis is Brock Lesnar and Christian Wood is Orange Cassidy (even though they're different organizations and I'm crossing the streams, sorry wrestling purists).
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,388

Post#54 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:28 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
neiLz wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
He's clearly been going through the motions all season. I wish they would have dumped him at the deadline and moved on. Don't need that negativity in the locker room.

He seems to be one of the biggest cheerleaders on the bench. I don't know how that is being pouty.

It's certainly possible that I'm overreacting. In the past, he was always celebrating on the bench and meeting the guys with high fives during TOs. But I've noticed less of that from him over the last few months, including a few instances where his body language has seemed negative with an almost lackadaisical approach those few times he did get garbage time minutes.

I think I got more annoyed with him a couple weeks back when Giannis was on paternity leave where the Bucks were asking his teammates for advice to offer Giannis. The guys who didn't have kids still had nice things to say and congratulations for Freak. But DJ was the only one who didn't seem interested in engaging at all.

And then tonight, he just moped his way off the court at the end of the game as everyone was screaming at him to get back on the court because the game wasn't over.

I might be reading too much into it, though.

Could be he is just happiest playing cheerleader and doesn't like when he is forced to play....or we were up 30 points and he couldn't get more than 3 minutes, if not then, when?

Don't get me wrong, overall, I think he hasn't earned minutes over guys like Ersan and now Marvin, which was probably the big kick to the crotch for him. I think its the same thing with Sterling, both guys probably busted their ass this offseason and they are getting the last minute of each game
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,857

Post#55 » by emunney » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:I like Marvin.

He keeps it moving, doesn't he? Love what I've seen so far. Would like to see him a little more aggressive with his shot.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,857

Post#56 » by emunney » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:20 pm

tydett wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Christian Wood is Gillberg to Giannis’s Goldberg. Stopped watching wrestling 20 years ago, hopefully this still makes sense.

Giannis is Brock Lesnar and Christian Wood is Orange Cassidy (even though they're different organizations and I'm crossing the streams, sorry wrestling purists).

Giannis is Giannis and Christian Wood is Waluigi discuss
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#57 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:03 pm

I’m tantalized by the Marvin with starters look we got in the 4th. The different dimension he brings defensively & threat from the corner (even though his attempt rattled out) are tremendous luxuries for the best team in the league. Thought it was interesting that he was doing some Dragan Bender-esque over passing to Giannis. Of course a brand new dude getting his first chance on a historic team would try to find Giannis at the expense of looking for his own. He’ll learn soon that Giannis wants him to shoot it.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#58 » by WRau1 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:11 pm

tydett wrote:

#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#59 » by FrieAaron » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:26 pm

emunney wrote:
tydett wrote:

Giannis is Giannis and Christian Wood is Waluigi discuss

waaaaa
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#60 » by Nowak008 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:33 pm

I was driving to Racine from Milwaukee and there was a billboard that had the halftime score of the game 70-41. It took me like 10 more minutes driving down the road to comprehend how much of a beatdown we were laying. Super team.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks