Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Re: PG: Raps Whipped 

Post#301 » by emunney » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:06 am

glenn wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:People should probably take it as a compliment that opposing fans are patting themselves on the back simply because their team didn't get blown out by 20+ points.

I mean, they did get blown out by 20 over the last 26 minutes of the game.

So that's kind of like a backdoor 20 point win, really.

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#302 » by blazza18 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:20 am

Mags FTW wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Very confident board this morning.

You talking about the Raptor board?

Lots of chest thumping over there after losing by double digits on their home floor. Can't imagine how cocky they would be if they actually won.

I would also be cocky if the Bucks were the champs so I don't really care about how they feel after a loss. I don't think we were in any doubt in the end but the game was closer than the final score indicated. And Toronto are still as tough a team as any for us to get through in the east. Brushing them aside because of that game feels foolish to me. We'd feel pretty good after a close loss if Giannis and Midds had a bad game and Lopez didn't play.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#303 » by ampd » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:20 am

Mags FTW wrote:

Lots of chest thumping over there after losing by double digits on their home floor. Can't imagine how cocky they would be if they actually won.

Need only think back to last year's playoffs :lol:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#304 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:22 am

emunney wrote:
glenn wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
I mean, they did get blown out by 20 over the last 26 minutes of the game.

So that's kind of like a backdoor 20 point win, really.

tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#305 » by tedbrogen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:31 am

greekbuck34 wrote:Underated stat.

40/42 3s were open or wide open shots.

We attempted only 2 tightly contested 3p shots the whole game.

That's what double and triple team a player at all times gets you.

Wait until Bud actually gameplans for that and funnels a bunch of those looks to Korver in the corner...
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#306 » by TroyD92 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:44 am

tedbrogen wrote:

Wait until Bud actually gameplans for that and funnels a bunch of those looks to Korver in the corner...

Marvin in one corner and Korver in another
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#307 » by truly » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:56 am

blazza18 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:

I would also be cocky if the Bucks were the champs so I don't really care about how they feel after a loss.

So if we win the championship this year and Giannis leaves,you will be cocky?No you won't.Raptors fans are in denial.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
emunney
RealGM

Post#308 » by emunney » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:12 am

blazza18 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:

I would also be cocky if the Bucks were the champs so I don't really care about how they feel after a loss. I don't think we were in any doubt in the end but the game was closer than the final score indicated. And Toronto are still as tough a team as any for us to get through in the east. Brushing them aside because of that game feels foolish to me. We'd feel pretty good after a close loss if Giannis and Midds had a bad game and Lopez didn't play.

Concerned that if this board becomes too confident we might shirk in our preparation for the posting playoffs.

Anyway the Bucks are the best team and anybody can beat anybody, it's sports.
blazza18
RealGM

Post#309 » by blazza18 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:18 am

truly wrote:So if we win the championship this year and Giannis leaves,you will be cocky?No you won't.Raptors fans are in denial.

If the Bucks were the champs and still really good without Giannis the following year we would be having loads of fun.
blazza18
RealGM

Post#310 » by blazza18 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:20 am

emunney wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:You talking about the Raptor board?

Concerned that if this board becomes too confident we might shirk in our preparation for the posting playoffs.

I'm confused why me saying the board was confident was taken in bad light :dontknow:
emunney
RealGM

Post#311 » by emunney » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:23 am

blazza18 wrote:
emunney wrote:
blazza18 wrote:

I'm confused why me saying the board was confident was taken in bad light :dontknow:

I'm just upset that it's morning somewhere.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#312 » by soxperry » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:24 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:Today: "It isn't hard to see BOS in the Finals. Tatum is already a Superstar and are the most talented team."

To be honest I'm kinda leaning towards that as well (ECF not Finals).
And yeah Tatum playing like he does recently is a pretty big deal.

I don't think we'll see the Sixers or the Raps in the play offs at all, seems to me the ECF will be Bucks - Celtics.

It's kind of nice that we only have to play one of Boston/Toronto to get to the Finals. Pick your poison, though. One team has the height and defensive savvy to prevent Giannis from hitting the paint consistently, the other seems to have the shooters to exploit our defense. Both have great coaches. Both have incredible floppers in Smart and Lowry. They are both built for deep runs.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,715

Post#313 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:35 am

Gee, Bucks are only at 50 wins before March 1. Wonder why anyone's confident?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#314 » by crkone » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:16 am

I'd keep wide open and open separate. The difference in league average between them is like 5-6%. I'd even go as far to say open aren't really that open, except for Khris. He loves a hand in his face.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#315 » by tedbrogen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:24 am

crkone wrote:

I'd keep wide open and open separate. The difference in league average between them is like 5-6%. I'd even go as far to say open aren't really that open, except for Khris. He loves a hand in his face.

Yeah, wide open and open are hugely different for different players. Midds has had multiple seasons being better 'open' than 'wide open'.

Guys with quick releases, like say Wes it doesn't seem to affect them as much. While slow release guys like Martin Brodgan, need to be wide open to shoot a high percentage.

That said, I don't know the exact stats, but the Bucks seemed to be able to get wide open looks at will by just moving the ball once Giannis' gravity sucked in their zone. Kind of how Kawhi was getting those for his teammates during the ECF last season.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#316 » by truly » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:16 am

blazza18 wrote:
truly wrote:So if we win the championship this year and Giannis leaves,you will be cocky?No you won't.Raptors fans are in denial.

If the Bucks were the champs and still really good without Giannis the following year we would be having loads of fun.

Loads of fun?Sure.
Not what I think cocky means.

I guess my post is mainly targeted at the fans who think that because they won the championship last year they should be treated as a contender this year since they are still good.
They shouldn't since this isn't the championship team anymore.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#317 » by crkone » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
crkone wrote:

Yeah, wide open and open are hugely different for different players. Midds has had multiple seasons being better 'open' than 'wide open'.

Guys with quick releases, like say Wes it doesn't seem to affect them as much. While slow release guys like Martin Brodgan, need to be wide open to shoot a high percentage.

That said, I don't know the exact stats, but the Bucks seemed to be able to get wide open looks at will by just moving the ball once Giannis' gravity sucked in their zone. Kind of how Kawhi was getting those for his teammates during the ECF last season.

Yeah it's the weakness of their zone. The weakside corner will always be open and will be ripe for the picking in the playoffs.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#318 » by greekbuck34 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Against the Raptors we had:

15 (4-6 Feet - Open shots) and we hit 33.3%
25 (6+ Feet - Wide Open) and we hit 36.0%

This season we average:

13.4 (4-6 Feet - Open shots) and we hit 36.0%
21.7 (6+ Feet - Wide Open shots) and we hit 36.9%

So we created more good shots than usual and we hit under our averages and we still won pretty comfortable away from home on the 3rd game in 4 days in the second of a b2b.

In the playoffs in 6 games against them we had:

10.8 (4-6 Feet - Open shots) and we hit 32.3%
23.3 (6+ Feet - Wide Open shots) and we hit 32.9%

So at the end of the day, as Giannis says :P , we are doing a much better job exploiting their defense but we can do even better and ofc hit even more shots with our improve shooters.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#319 » by buckboy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:14 pm

soxperry wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:Today: "It isn't hard to see BOS in the Finals. Tatum is already a Superstar and are the most talented team."

To be honest I'm kinda leaning towards that as well (ECF not Finals).
And yeah Tatum playing like he does recently is a pretty big deal.

I don't think we'll see the Sixers or the Raps in the play offs at all, seems to me the ECF will be Bucks - Celtics.

It's kind of nice that we only have to play one of Boston/Toronto to get to the Finals. Pick your poison, though. One team has the height and defensive savvy to prevent Giannis from hitting the paint consistently, the other seems to have the shooters to exploit our defense. Both have great coaches. Both have incredible floppers in Smart and Lowry. They are both built for deep runs.

Not super-worried about either, but I'd pick Toronto, only because Boston is more likely to catch fire from 3.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,715

Post#320 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:33 pm

Watched that Boston Utah game last night. Tatum did whatever he wanted.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks